First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Worst U.S. president of all time
11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/11/15

BlueOni wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and Barack Obama.

Let's get this party started.


Let's get it started in HAW!
Let's get it started in HERE!
Let's get it started in HAW!
Let's get it started in HERE!

...

No, but really. It's the Grant administration. That's one of the most corrupt in US history. If it's not that one, it's the Jackson administration for all the genocide. George W. was bad in my book, but people, there were presidents in US history who butchered hundreds of thousands. Have some perspective.


Pierce set up the Civil War though. Harding had Teapot Dome....

4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 9/30/15
The worst? shit there have been a lot of bad ones tbh. Id say Harding, but he only made it through 2 years before getting laced up. Its a tie between Carter and Reagan. But everyone after Kennedy kinda sucked excluding maybe Clinton. Pray too the lord that Bernie gets the dem nomination and saves this country.
5072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/11/15
To be honest I hate Andrew Jackson because of the Trail of Tears. He's on our $20 bill but he doesn't deserve it imo
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15

Punk_Mela wrote:

His politics were clever but "worst" as in most "evil" is probably Jackson.


High five, Bobbeh!


megahobbit wrote:

I actually met Jimmy Carter and he signed my book.


Carter was, in terms of foreign policy at least, one of the best. Managed to establish a relatively peaceful US foreign policy which simply has not been seen since.
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/11/15

VZ68 wrote:

Pierce set up the Civil War though. Harding had Teapot Dome....


And FDR (the one I rank as number one, super best, S Class POTUS) allowed the internment of Japanese citizens. None of them were perfect, let's face facts.
27294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15
Worst president any one who last name is Bush pick one the both suck. The head of CIA or Weapons of Mass destruction you name it they both have been involved or lied about it under oath
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/15

BlueOni wrote:


megahobbit wrote:

I actually met Jimmy Carter and he signed my book.


Carter was, in terms of foreign policy at least, one of the best. Managed to establish a relatively peaceful US foreign policy which simply has not been seen since.


...Iran Hostage crisis. He had a bad situation.

But ill say this though he is a much better former president than he was a president.
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15

scoobydew wrote:

Worst president any one who last name is Bush pick one the both suck. The head of CIA or Weapons of Mass destruction you name it they both have been involved or lied about it under oath


Look, I'll be among the first to say that H.W. and W. were D-ranked. But E or F ranked? Still have to give that to Jackson. I mean, genocide's hard to freaking beat.


megahobbit wrote:

...Iran Hostage crisis. He had a bad situation.

But ill say this though he is a much better former president than he was a president.


A situation he had resolved by the end, and which transitioned into its final phase as Reagan took the reigns. I still say Carter is underrated, and frankly he might have been too honest what with those awkward comments about adultery. He was a good man, is a good man.
9541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15

BlueOni wrote:


A situation he had resolved by the end, and which transitioned into its final phase as Reagan took the reigns. I still say Carter is underrated, and frankly he might have been too honest what with those awkward comments about adultery. He was a good man, is a good man.


Ill give him credit. His book is pretty good. Just cool to have something signed by a president though.
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15

megahobbit wrote:

Ill give him credit. His book is pretty good. Just cool to have something signed by a president though.


True that, and honestly it's a good one to have. Carter may not have been perfect, and honestly that oil supply crisis brought on by the Iranian Revolution kind of poisons the deal. But hey, he had what so few in politics have really had: integrity. You got what you saw with Carter. That's part of why he was able to take office in the first place: he was a peanut farmer who spoke his mind honestly, politely, and honourably. I have nothing but respect for him.
35923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/15

BlueOni wrote:
I still say Carter is underrated, and frankly he might have been too honest what with those awkward comments about adultery. He was a good man, is a good man.


Don't forget the infamous cardigan sweater speech on energy conservation.

I think Carter was mainly guilty of trying harder to do whatever he thought was the right thing for the country instead of the right thing for his re-election campaign. To be honest, today's career politicians could use a bit more of that.
37130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/11/15

iriomote wrote:

Don't forget the infamous cardigan sweater speech on energy conservation.

I think Carter was mainly guilty of trying harder to do whatever he thought was the right thing for the country instead of the right thing for his re-election campaign. To be honest, today's career politicians could use a bit more of that.


If I had to see a flaw in a politician, I'd pick that one every time. But truth to be told, most US politicians aren't the hand-wringing, mustache bearing villains most imagine. They're just people with drastically disparate visions and interests, trying the best they can to manage a federal system with a constituency which is so diverse in its interests that no one could possibly satisfy the whole save for that rare few which just have an incredible, nigh divinely inspired knack for diplomacy, politics, and rhetoric.

That's the Roosevelts as far as I'm concerned, and it's regrettable that they're out of the game now.
16602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NC
Offline
Posted 7/11/15
Jimmy carter... Clinton, FDR. Probably Obama and Dubya too... May be some worse, but they are who I am familiar with.
34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 7/11/15 , edited 7/12/15
George W
1452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

BlueOni wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Worst president any one who last name is Bush pick one the both suck. The head of CIA or Weapons of Mass destruction you name it they both have been involved or lied about it under oath


Look, I'll be among the first to say that H.W. and W. were D-ranked. But E or F ranked? Still have to give that to Jackson. I mean, genocide's hard to freaking beat.

Genocide is pretty rough, but frankly i don't think that ultimately yields Jackson to be the worst, vicious though. Personally I saw Pierce, Johnson, and Grant to be fair the 'wosrt' president ever.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.