First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst U.S. president of all time
14741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

X5rage wrote:

bush jr. we no reason to go after saddam hussain, and now we have isis and the taliban


Going after Saddam to get to Bin Laden was like if WWII had declared war on Uruguay to get to Hitler--
Aside from political quotes that made it seem like they palled around, they didn't even know each other.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

gvblackmoon wrote:


jackrabbit92 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

President George Bush and President Ronald Reagan.


Why Ronald Reagan? I've heard he was a good president for exposing on some of the things the Government did. I didn't live in the 80s though, so yeah. Bush always wasn't good at speeches. lmao


Regan did a bunch of stuff that has lead to the problem we still experience specially with income inequity before Regan education in this country was nearly free in many cases or dirty cheap.


Carter had out of control inflation though...

Like any of us alive have had a President that we didn't hold our nose while voting for.
27100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15 , edited 7/12/15

Allonan wrote:

Ronald Reagan... Kennedy almost got us all killed as well. Probably the reason our government killed him and nobody gave a crap really...


Are you being serious right now?

Anyway, here is a list of worst Presidents.

Andrew Johnson- He was the only President to really be impeached... He opposed any sort of actual equality with the then newly freed slaves. Not good, bro. Not good. All he did for most of his Presidency was fight with congress and try to fire everybody. And I am not talking about what is happening now. As vicious as things have been with Bush and Obama, it was infinitely more ugly here, just after the Civil War. The guy is a joke.

Woodrow Wilson- A racist slime that set back America at least 50 years when it comes to Civil Rights. He was probably one of the most racists Presidents ever elected. People can claim all they want how racist Bush or whoever is today, but this guy was the REAL DEAL. You want to talk about Segregation? This loser Democrap supported and pretty much instituted the segregation we know of from history (but they never talk about Wilson's institutionalization of that... funny...) Heck, he removed almost every black that was in office at the time, and we probably would have had a black President DECADES before Obama before Wilson ruined everything. You know, just... read this:
http://www.weatherimagery.com/blog/president-woodrow-wilson-racist/

Also, the scumbag threw people in jail for speaking out against drafting for World War I. Cause Free Speech and all isn't a thing for this control freak of a racist scumbag. And Democrats and Progressives applaud this man to this day. Sickening, really. Not a good guy at all. I personally consider him the worst President of all time.

Lyndon B. Johnson- The Great Society nonsense, and the debacle that was the Vietnam War are more than enough to put him on this list. The guy clearly had no idea what he was doing when it came to pretty much anything. His handful of accomplishments do not outweigh his enormous blunders that jaded an entire generation forever, which set up on the current course the country has been in ever since. LBJ here had such a small vision for pretty much anything that he was an extremely poor replacement for Kennedy. He didn't have a real plan for the War, he didn't have any real plans for his War on Poverty or his "Great Society" either. He was completely out of place as President.

There are just three. I would love to go into more, and even controversial ones that I find as terrible Presidents, but these are a good start, really.










14741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

Orga777 wrote:
Anyway, here is a list of worst Presidents.

Andrew Johnson- He was the only President to really be impeached... He opposed any sort of actual equality with the then newly freed slaves. Not good, bro. Not good. All he did for most of his Presidency was fight with congress and try to fire everybody. And I am not talking about what is happening now. As vicious as things have been with Bush and Obama, it was infinitely more ugly here, just after the Civil War. The guy is a joke.


Although helps to put it in context--
While Johnson wasn't as liberal toward the blacks as Lincoln had been, he supported Lincoln's plan for a peaceful Reconstruction in the South and pardoning many of those involved, which didn't sit well with a majority of Congress. Edwin Stanton (around whom a few lingering JFK-style conspiracy theories exist regarding the Lincoln assassination) had been put in as military head of the Reconstruction, and Congress tried to stem the firings by creating the Tenure of Office Act, basically taking away the President's ability to fire his own appointed advisors.
Johnson's impeachment charge was for intentionally challenging the (shaky) constitutionality of the TOA by firing Stanton anyway, which ended up eighth on a list of Impeachment articles. Like a certain other impeachment-tried president, one gets the feeling Congress had other issues.
28205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

Orga777 wrote:


Allonan wrote:

Ronald Reagan... Kennedy almost got us all killed as well. Probably the reason our government killed him and nobody gave a crap really...


Are you being serious right now?

Anyway, here is a list of worst Presidents.

Andrew Johnson- He was the only President to really be impeached... He opposed any sort of actual equality with the then newly freed slaves. Not good, bro. Not good. All he did for most of his Presidency was fight with congress and try to fire everybody. And I am not talking about what is happening now. As vicious as things have been with Bush and Obama, it was infinitely more ugly here, just after the Civil War. The guy is a joke.

Woodrow Wilson- A racist slime that set back America at least 50 years when it comes to Civil Rights. He was probably one of the most racists Presidents ever elected. People can claim all they want how racist Bush or whoever is today, but this guy was the REAL DEAL. You want to talk about Segregation? This loser Democrap supported and pretty much instituted the segregation we know of from history (but they never talk about Wilson's institutionalization of that... funny...) Heck, he removed almost every black that was in office at the time, and we probably would have had a black President DECADES before Obama before Wilson ruined everything. You know, just... read this:
http://www.weatherimagery.com/blog/president-woodrow-wilson-racist/

Also, the scumbag threw people in jail for speaking out against drafting for World War I. Cause Free Speech and all isn't a thing for this control freak of a racist scumbag. And Democrats and Progressives applaud this man to this day. Sickening, really. Not a good guy at all. I personally consider him the worst President of all time.

Lyndon B. Johnson- The Great Society nonsense, and the debacle that was the Vietnam War are more than enough to put him on this list. The guy clearly had no idea what he was doing when it came to pretty much anything. His handful of accomplishments do not outweigh his enormous blunders that jaded an entire generation forever, which set up on the current course the country has been in ever since. LBJ here had such a small vision for pretty much anything that he was an extremely poor replacement for Kennedy. He didn't have a real plan for the War, he didn't have any real plans for his War on Poverty or his "Great Society" either. He was completely out of place as President.

There are just three. I would love to go into more, and even controversial ones that I find as terrible Presidents, but these are a good start, really.












I was half joking but to back up my opinion... Reagan started the war on drugs which has led to many people mostly black being thrown in jail for non-violent crimes. There are many other things that this war has caused..
As for Kennedy I only put that because recently I was talking to several older people 50's, and the first thing they said when his name was mentioned was Kennedy almost got us all killed... that's prob why the government killed him...when a majority of people believe our government killed the President, but they are willing to just let it die I figured he was worth mentioning.. plus his family business was selling liquor during prohibition with the mob.. so they could have killed him as well...
27100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

Allonan wrote:
I was half joking but to back up my opinion... Reagan started the war on drugs which has led to many people mostly black being thrown in jail for non-violent crimes. There are many other things that this war has caused..
As for Kennedy I only put that because recently I was talking to several older people 50's, and the first thing they said when his name was mentioned was Kennedy almost got us all killed... that's prob why the government killed him...when a majority of people believe our government killed the President, but they are willing to just let it die I figured he was worth mentioning.. plus his family business was selling liquor during prohibition with the mob.. so they could have killed him as well...


Or it was Lee Harvey Oswald... Government conspiracies are mostly nonsense, and have always been nonsense. As for the "almost killing us" it probably had more to do about the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Bay of Pigs incident. Tensions were high, but I don't think it was anywhere close to "killing us all."
21087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Woodrow Wilson by a big margin. FDR takes a second. Johnson third.
6010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
With out a doubt Andrew Johnson.
He completely botched reconstruction following the Civil War and in doing so he set the stage for the Jim Crow era and the problems with race that we face today.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

VZ68 wrote:


gvblackmoon wrote:


jackrabbit92 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

President George Bush and President Ronald Reagan.


Why Ronald Reagan? I've heard he was a good president for exposing on some of the things the Government did. I didn't live in the 80s though, so yeah. Bush always wasn't good at speeches. lmao


Regan did a bunch of stuff that has lead to the problem we still experience specially with income inequity before Regan education in this country was nearly free in many cases or dirty cheap.


Carter had out of control inflation though...

Like any of us alive have had a President that we didn't hold our nose while voting for.


The inflation was the Vietnam war spending wringing out of the market and it would have stabilized no matter what happened just takes time for it to work itself out you can tweak it around the edges but you have to be willing to do that. here is an article that actually explains what really happened the right likes to spin a nice yarn about it but Carter did all the work Regan took credit for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-a-london/inflation-the-reagan-myth_b_3418868.html
39137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Francisco Bay...
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Based on my limited knowledge of history, probably Jackson.
34504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Covington, KY
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
George W. Bush, John Quincy Adams. Both sons of a previous president having no qualifications other than that who were beneficiaries of elections that can be described as dubious at best.
26352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Online
Posted 7/12/15 , edited 7/12/15
Reagan for his participating of making/implicating supply-side economics.
1018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
George W. Bush, Andrew Jackson, and FDR.

People have already said the reasons why. :3
3349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Ente Isla
Online
Posted 7/12/15
Ronald Reagan condoned Apartheid and vetoed the sanctions against South Africa. He also literally committed treason against the United States. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair)

George W. Bush and Richard Nixon are also two strong candidates for this title.
4369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
the worst president will always be the one who is in office at the time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.