First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do Zombies Bite People?
53504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
It just occurred to me how strange it is for creatures with no minds to attack people and bite them. What makes a zombie want to bite someone? They're dead so they don't have to eat. They can't think so it's not like they just hate people. It can't be that they're simply aggressive. Otherwise they'd be trying to attack everything else they see, including each other. A zombie can go all their (undead) life just walking around not doing anything. So why do they feel the need to bite us?
Banned
9403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Dunno, is flesh n brains to them like blood to a vampire?
31310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
I sort of assume the zombie concept is rooted, at least in part, in a fear of diseases like rabies:

Mind almost completely shut down? Check.
Awkward, shuffling movements? Check.
Frenzied attempts to bite living things that get near? Check.
Disease spreads through the act of biting (or transmission of any bodily fluids, really)? Check.
11666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 7/12/15 , edited 7/12/15
Because their hungry?
69937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Well, save for the fact that we know zombies can't exist for numerous reasons. Different incarnations of the zombie exist for various reasons. You have the evil voodoo rise of zombie where it's clear that there's a larger influence at play. As such feasting upon mortal flesh to bring about hell on earth would be reasonable. The next and most common today is of course the mystery virus. The explanation here is the usual basic instincts + motor skills work based on the brain. As such hunger would be high up on the list. They don't have any high level reasoning in most of these cases.
Posted 7/12/15
I bite, therefore I am.
11041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Brains.

Zombies needs brains.



53504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

VZ68 wrote:

Brains.

Zombies needs brains.





They also need energy drinks, new clothes, jobs, and some viagra. These poor guys are moaning so much but nobody ever tries to get them what they need.
20786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/15 , edited 7/12/15
Don't think too hard about it, Zombies as it is doesn't make sense.
No virus can make you immune to diseases and loss of blood which would surely follow from massive gaping wounds and severed limbs etc.
Most zombie franchises also neglect the fact that what comes in, must come out and speaking of, I've only ever seen a single zombie movie that addressed the need for keeping them selves fed and that was 28 months later, a movie where most of the zombies have deterioated completely or died from a lack of food.

Everyone else seems to just go with some sort of idea that they must feed for no particular reason at all.

Let's not forget that we pretty much always fast forward the downfall of our nations entirely, world war z being the only one I've seen personally where you saw this happening, but this was also a movie where zombies could stack on each other and climb the zombies that have already stacked to reach continously everreaching heights without this "tower" collapsing or swaying in a different direction lol.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how badly we like to think of this post-apocalyptic scenario, there is a pretty good chance that it would be possible to contain it to a level where we could still be civilized, and the reason for why z-movie directors always neglect the downfall is because they know that even hypothetically, if zombies were plausible, this is true.

To answer your question though, I think it's because they just get a hold of whatever source of food they can, and whatever living food is near will get bit and torn off as a result.
11041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

Brains.

Zombies needs brains.





They also need energy drinks, new clothes, jobs, and some viagra. These poor guys are moaning so much but nobody ever tries to get them what they need.


"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

https://youtu.be/W-e2bptjUOc

They just want meaty hugs from all the good boys and girls of the world.
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The moon
Offline
Posted 7/12/15 , edited 7/12/15
It's just part of Hollywood like you need a silver bullet to kill a werewolf. There was actually an old interview of an African man who was very ill, he kept going to a doctor, but the doctor couldn't help him anymore. He explained that his sister went to a Voodoo priest and they begin a ceremony for him. They put together ingredients that he wasn't allowed to say what it was. They soon buried him when he pass, he woke up later still in the ground alive and well. Afterwards, the people of the village help dig him up to see him once again alive, but this time well. He went back to the same doctor who was stunned to see him in full health. Not sure that I believe in all of it, but it's pretty interesting. I have to find the video now. The video explains if zombies exist and comparison to Hollywood zombies and to Voodoo that practice it.
91691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Online
Posted 7/12/15

jackrabbit92 wrote:

It's just part of Hollywood like you need a silver bullet to kill a werewolf. There was actually an old interview of an African man who was very ill, he kept going to a doctor, but the doctor couldn't help him anymore. He explained that his sister went to a Voodoo priest and they begin a ceremony for him. They put together ingredients that he wasn't allowed to say what it was. They soon buried him when he pass, he woke up later still in the ground alive and well. Afterwards, the people of the village help dig him up to see him once again alive, but this time well. He went back to the same doctor who was stunned to see him in full health. Not sure that I believe in all of it, but it's pretty interesting. I have to find the video now. The video explains if zombies exist and comparison to Hollywood zombies and to Voodoo that practice it.


Please do,i myself find the whole matter quite interesting,especially after reading your post.^^
6656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The moon
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

Jan- wrote:


jackrabbit92 wrote:

It's just part of Hollywood like you need a silver bullet to kill a werewolf. There was actually an old interview of an African man who was very ill, he kept going to a doctor, but the doctor couldn't help him anymore. He explained that his sister went to a Voodoo priest and they begin a ceremony for him. They put together ingredients that he wasn't allowed to say what it was. They soon buried him when he pass, he woke up later still in the ground alive and well. Afterwards, the people of the village help dig him up to see him once again alive, but this time well. He went back to the same doctor who was stunned to see him in full health. Not sure that I believe in all of it, but it's pretty interesting. I have to find the video now. The video explains if zombies exist and comparison to Hollywood zombies and to Voodoo that practice it.


Please do,i myself find the whole matter quite interesting,especially after reading your post.^^


One is a read and the other a documentary history channel had made. I can't find the interview at all on youtube, might have tooken it off. I remember seeing it years ago, maybe like 8-9 years ago. I haven't seen the zombie documentary, but since I lucked up on it might talked about it. Now, I'm going to have a good time watching the documentary. It sucks I can't find the interview, I think discovery channel created that old documentary.

http://www.livescience.com/23892-zombies-real-facts.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdb0TtfmIM

49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/15
Rabies phobia.
Banned
9403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/12/15

screendoor wrote:

Because their hungry?


*they're
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.