First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
People you can't believe that exist...
3447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/15/15 , edited 7/15/15

screendoor wrote:

Bro its perfectly fine to have that opinion because science cant solve everything yet, it takes time and research. My only issue and it was the original posters issue as well and that is dont tell us that some "holy books" that wont even accept the fact that dinosaurs came before humans is the pathway to truths. If your willing to concede that then we are all willing to accept your skepticism.


As you were actually respectful unlike 99% of people on the internet, I figure I might as well reply haha.

Anyway, I'm not really referring to anything to do with religion, it just bothers me how much stuff that has almost no evidence is generally accepted as fact because it's "science." Like if something that's unproven is seen as something that's unproven then that's fine, but when there's no proof for something and it's just accepted as being true, that bothers me.
11599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York
Online
Posted 7/15/15 , edited 7/15/15

aux1printer wrote:

As you were actually respectful unlike 99% of people on the internet, I figure I might as well reply haha.

Anyway, I'm not really referring to anything to do with religion, it just bothers me how much stuff that has almost no evidence is generally accepted as fact because it's "science." Like if something that's unproven is seen as something that's unproven then that's fine, but when there's no proof for something and it's just accepted as being true, that bothers me.


I understand your thinking more then you know, but all i can say is if we did not have science then we would not be communicating right now, nor would there be any sort of advances in medicine and electronics, or we would just be in the dark about the planets and the dangers that our solar system present us.

Many great men and woman dedicate their life's to research for our well being and for the future of the Human race and the well being of this great planet.

All im asking is that you dont give up on us.
3447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/15/15 , edited 7/15/15

screendoor wrote:

I understand your thinking more then you know, but all i can say is if we did not have science then we would not be communicating right now, nor would there be any sort of advances in medicine and electronics, or we would just be in the dark about the planets and the dangers that our solar system present us.

Many great men and woman dedicate their life's to research for our well being and for the future of the Human race and the well being of this great planet.

All im asking is that you dont give up on us.


Oh naturally I do understand that science is indeed a great thing, and I'm amazed by some of the things science can do and how useful it can be for many things in life. I'm not at all saying science is a bad thing or complete nonsense, however there is a large amount of stuff that, as I said, doesn't really have any evidence to back it up. I guess what I mean is sort of that we try to act like we know more than we do, even if we currently dont have the technology/money/time to actually learn about those things. It's fine to make assumptions in order to explain stuff, but I'm not fine with passing those things off as facts, if that makes sense.
11599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York
Online
Posted 7/15/15 , edited 7/15/15

aux1printer wrote:

Oh naturally I do understand that science is indeed a great thing, and I'm amazed by some of the things science can do and how useful it can be for many things in life. I'm not at all saying science is a bad thing or complete nonsense, however there is a large amount of stuff that, as I said, doesn't really have any evidence to back it up. I guess what I mean is sort of that we try to act like we know more than we do, even if we currently dont have the technology/money/time to actually learn about those things. It's fine to make assumptions in order to explain stuff, but I'm not fine with passing those things off as facts, if that makes sense.



What your saying is logical, so i have not problems with what you believe. All i can say is keep a open mind. No scientific breakthrough came over night. Goodnight friend i will send a friend invite.
3447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/15/15 , edited 7/15/15

screendoor wrote:

What your saying is logical, so i have not problems with what you believe. All i can say is keep a open mind. No scientific breakthrough came over night. Goodnight friend i will send a friend invite.


I do try to keep an open mind, despite me being bothered by a lot of the stuff I said I do think science is often amazing and am actually quite interested in scientific advances. In the end what really bothers me is when we just kind of act like we know more than we actually do. Like when stuff that can't actually be proven by science currently is presented as a fact, as I mentioned earlier many things regarding space are good examples of this. Despite not having technology to explore very far out into space with much detail, we make a lot of assumptions about things based on the little information we do have, and then that is seen as fact simply because it's the best we can get right now. Anyway, it was good talking to you, I'll accept that invite.

And I apologize to everyone else for getting kind of off topic here haha
9283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
Guys who cant admit that a girl under 18 can be attractive if not hot.
people who like pineapple on pizza?
People who rape people?
Bleeding hearts that care about other races/religions/nations/people more than their own??
Actual racists(we are all a little racist and i dont care if you say otherwise i dont believe you but an ACTUAL racist is quite rare)
People who sexually abuse their kids.
People who listen to the radio.
Vegetarians.
People who never drink or get high. ( i mean like not once in their life).


37230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
People who hoard those cheap plastic toys from fast food places.
Posted 7/15/15
People who don't understand that "gender" doesn't change the fact that they are human.

Humans aren't Pokemon...

People who do not like my artworks............ It's kind of a "Do you see things from my point of view?" And if it's a no... Then friendship tends to be a sketchy business.... Not always, but there is always doubt.
5482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
People who hate Spam. One of the holiest canned meats out there. Cook it right and it goes well with anything. One time I actually made takoyaki with it. Give me any food, I'll tell you how a tasty can of Spam would fit in.
10269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hoth
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
I work in customer service. I'll spare you all the endless list of unbelievably stupid and incorrigeable idiots that I could provide given this thread topic.
One Punch Mod
85792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/15/15

anzn wrote:

I can't believe that there are people who prefer the cookie part over the cream part of an Oreo.
Also people who dip their oreos in water(???).


Gotta be with you on water dipping. Who would do that!

I hope we can still respect each other even though I personally think the "cream" part of Oreos is nasty on its own. It's fine when eaten as part of the whole, even scraped off separately with teeth, as long as that's followed by a bite into the cookie. But without any cookie part at all it's inedible. However I can easily eat the cookie part, even if you took the cream part away completely.
17270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
People who don't know where Europe is.
9384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/15/15
People who consume alcohol drinks for the taste...and actually like it. I tells ya bunnies 're lyin' more than the politicians!
9283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/15/15

GretelMkMonkey wrote:

People who consume alcohol drinks for the taste...and actually like it. I tells ya bunnies 're lyin' more than the politicians!


Alcohol is delicious.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/15/15

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

People who think the USA has to defend Israel becuase they are the Chosen People.
People that think Donald Trump would make a good president. A coworker of mine says that he will bring jobs back to the U.S. and make us great again.



It is hard to take Trump's hypocrisy seriously.

Locally he's building a new hotel with his name on it. The chef who signed on to open a restaurant there backed out, he's a Hispanic immigrant and 90% of the workers on the construction site are immigrants, they are talking about walking off the job.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.