First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Canadian Man Faces Jail for Disagreeing With FEMINIST
13883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
As far as the story goes, they worked together, than he had the audacity to disagree with something, so she met up with her war council, they started a campain to get him fired but came to the conclusion it wasn't enough and went ahead and sued him.
Also, those hipser glasses are triggering for me, if people don't stop wearing them I'll have to start punching them in the face and suing them for giving me PTSD (the twitter one, not the real one).
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Allright, this is it. These morons have to be stopped. Ideas? (Socially acceptable/non-aggressive ones, obviously!)
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Radical feminism folks.

46659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
They damaged a person's life over a disagreement and they are happy about it? Sounds like a classic villain to me...
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
I'm not even half conversant enough in Canadian law to comment on the legal end of this story, but that doesn't seem to be a hinderance or concern for many.What is it with all of these feminist/antifeminist threads.With all the topics in an infinite range of subjects CR General Discussion seems to be fixated on Sexism and Feminism.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

pirththee wrote:

I'm not even half conversant enough in Canadian law to comment on the legal end of this story, but that doesn't seem to be a hinderance or concern for many.What is it with all of these feminist/antifeminist threads.With all the topics in an infinite range of subjects CR General Discussion seems to be fixated on Sexism and Feminism.


Stealing Sundin's thoughts on the matter a bit because I heartily agree:

sundin13 wrote:

I heard about this a while ago and I'm glad that it is still getting attention. This is why the whole idea of "perceived harassment = harassment" is fundamentally ridiculous.


In terms of legality, it really holds insignificance in light of the bigger picture as to how 1st world countries are fundamentally handling modern day feminism and harassment.

It's just one of those hot topics, but it is a growing concern for our generation today. The escalating victim mentality is something that may and often will affect our hobbies [like anime and video games] and our way of life. While it's easier to ignore it, it gets harder to do so when it starts affecting our own individual livelihoods.

People are just getting fed up with it. It's not easy to let such things go, because that could easily have been anyone else here on the internet, disagreeing with another. Internet users take threats to their online freedoms and lifestyle very seriously. They should. I'd rather people be involved than ignorant in today's matters.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

pirththee wrote:

I'm not even half conversant enough in Canadian law to comment on the legal end of this story, but that doesn't seem to be a hinderance or concern for many.What is it with all of these feminist/antifeminist threads.With all the topics in an infinite range of subjects CR General Discussion seems to be fixated on Sexism and Feminism.


There sure are a lot of them.


22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

There sure are a lot of them.



Probably will calm down now though because someone won't be around for a while at least.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


pirththee wrote:

I'm not even half conversant enough in Canadian law to comment on the legal end of this story, but that doesn't seem to be a hinderance or concern for many.What is it with all of these feminist/antifeminist threads.With all the topics in an infinite range of subjects CR General Discussion seems to be fixated on Sexism and Feminism.


Stealing Sundin's thoughts on the matter a bit because I heartily agree:

sundin13 wrote:

I heard about this a while ago and I'm glad that it is still getting attention. This is why the whole idea of "perceived harassment = harassment" is fundamentally ridiculous.


In terms of legality, it really holds insignificance in light of the bigger picture as to how 1st world countries are fundamentally handling modern day feminism and harassment.

It's just one of those hot topics, but it is a growing concern for our generation today. The escalating victim mentality is something that may and often will affect our hobbies [like anime and video games] and our way of life. While it's easier to ignore it, it gets harder to do so when it starts affecting our own individual livelihoods.

People are just getting fed up with it. It's not easy to let such things go, because that could easily have been anyone else here on the internet, disagreeing with another. Internet users take threats to their online freedoms and lifestyle very seriously. They should. I'd rather people be involved than ignorant in today's matters.


Social evolution is ongoing process and to single out feminism as the catalyst for the changing perspective of society is incredibly one dimensional.Persecution complexes aside there is really no choice for the industry but to try to reach a broader demographic and to gain more acceptance.Fan service just represents short term profit taking which is non sustainable.I remember when the powers that be tried to remove the violence from TV in the early 70's. Many people postulated it was all because of them "damn hippies" . Of course all you had to do was turn on the nightly news and then all bets were off. Sorry for the senior moment but it just illustrates the point that things will change regardless. You can either get in front of it or be left behind to grumble about your jaded perception of the good old days while obsessing about the foot traffic on your lawn.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

pirththee wrote:

Social evolution is ongoing process and to single out feminism as the catalyst for the changing perspective of society is incredibly one dimensional.Persecution complexes aside there is really no choice for the industry but to try to reach a broader demographic and to gain more acceptance.Fan service just represents short term profit taking which is non sustainable.I remember when the powers that be tried to remove the violence from TV in the early 70's. Many people postulated it was all because of them "damn hippies" . Of course all you had to do was turn on the nightly news and then all bets were off. Sorry for the senior moment but it just illustrates the point that things will change regardless. You can either get in front of it or be left behind to grumble about your jaded perception of the good old days while obsessing about the foot traffic on your lawn.


Never said it was the single catalyst. Only something this community is well interested in, usually based on their individual experiences and not upon the severity of the situation.

Change is not always a good thing, it's not always forward, sometimes it's reverse. To what degree things change is usually the concern.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Social evolution is ongoing process and to single out feminism as the catalyst for the changing perspective of society is incredibly one dimensional.Persecution complexes aside there is really no choice for the industry but to try to reach a broader demographic and to gain more acceptance.Fan service just represents short term profit taking which is non sustainable.I remember when the powers that be tried to remove the violence from TV in the early 70's. Many people postulated it was all because of them "damn hippies" . Of course all you had to do was turn on the nightly news and then all bets were off. Sorry for the senior moment but it just illustrates the point that things will change regardless. You can either get in front of it or be left behind to grumble about your jaded perception of the good old days while obsessing about the foot traffic on your lawn.


Never said it was the single catalyst. Only something this community is well interested in, usually based on their individual experiences and not upon the severity of the situation.

Change is not always a good thing, it's not always forward, sometimes it's reverse. To what degree things change is usually the concern.


Forward or reverse is just a matter of linear perspective and there has been a disproportionate amount of these type of topic threads on CR General Discussion lately that doesn't necessarily reflect the level of concern, but simply the willingness of someone to initiate it as a topic.No disrespect or criticism is leveled , intended ,or implied against any individuals right to post what concerns them ,but the level and number of these similar topics and posts is getting overly redundant.I'm sure I'm not the only poster on here that would just like to move on.
13883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

pirththee wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only poster on here that would just like to move on.


Though luck, that's how idealogs and cultist win, they grind any reasonable person into submission. You want to submit to a cult that declares you a bad person for being born wrong (male, white, ect) and punishes thought crimes, do it on your own, I just add you to the victim count of feminism.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
I'll second the moving on sentiment. Beating a dead horse has got to grow tiring at some point. Even for those not in touch with reality... Nice to see the mods do some cleanup. I was wondering how long it would take before particular users would be banned for breaking rules for so long.
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

nichtmalda wrote:

Though luck, that's how idealogs and cultist win, they grind any reasonable person into submission.


Nailed it.


dotsforlife wrote:
Nice to see the mods do some cleanup. I was wondering how long it would take before particular users would be banned for breaking rules for so long.


Amen.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


Nice to see the mods do some cleanup. I was wondering how long it would take before particular users would be banned for breaking rules for so long.


Amen.

There is a god?
oh wait... "Hey" lorren :P
*she goes back to overwatch in skyn3t*...

jackrabbit92 wrote: I'm a female, so if I disagree with a feminist, I go to jail too?

Yes since they think its the "true" eqaullity, where feminism is for women by women (more or less), a movement where some of it should be stopped spreading in a wild direction.


megahobbit wrote: when theirs real and serious harassment faced by others every day.

Yeah people like this ruins for the police when the maybe use way too much of thier time on such cases (or the scientists using their long time on DNA etc searches)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.