First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Has the community gotten better?
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
I left this site a couple months back because some users and moderators I didn't like were going full on gorilla intelligence.

I come back to see if things have gotten better, but I have 50+ notifications of people saying they had problems with the same moderator, etc, saying the community sucks, etc. The people that complained about said moderator are now banned. And others have said outright they just left because the "community sucks", most of the people that messaged me either left or got banned or both. Their friends in their guestbook entries implies they left too.

I checked my messages and people said they also used the report function on the same moderators, but going to check, all those moderators are indeed still there. And it's not a case of "well, they were wrong", I had clear evidence that caught such actions.

Maybe CrunchyRoll's community staff is incompetent from top to bottom? It seems to be the case, the community staffs entire job is looking over the community. How are they botching their responsibility so badly?

I'm not planning on sticking around this site anymore, but it must be said, what the heck are the community staff even doing? How far do these baffling tendencies reach up in the staff? If this this thread gets closed with a "mod discretion" reason, then we'll all have our answers.

P.S, I'm REALLY sorry about running off without inviting some of you to my Skype group, REALLY sorry, I still have a ton of those requests in my inbox. If you're still alive and would like to join, just PM now, I will accept all of them, I'm sorry...

EDIT: Alright, that's long enough, you can still catch me for the Skype group with PMs but I'm done now~

Edit 2: Sorry, the first offer is now done, thank you for the people who PM'd me! time to put this place away like bad dream~
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
I'm here, so yeah.

It's better than before.
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
What happened?
Posted 7/16/15
i don't like any of you so... not even gonna try.

2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

What happened?


It doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to people say things that strongly go against what a mod believes. They'll close the topic of you say what you're saying is fact and then supply evidence.

Others just got annoying warnings/bans because they were just uncaring about a mods opinion.
Posted 7/16/15
bye bye I'll miss you.
14787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

Magical-Soul wrote:

I left this site a couple months back because some users and moderators I didn't like were going full on gorilla intelligence.


Normally it would be "guerrilla intelligence", but given the methods necessary to get rid of most of the offenders...

And generally speaking, most real forums I've gone on (film boards, ANN, etc.), are so stringently policed for civilized on-topic conversation, they LITERALLY make the GD board look like Usenet.
Think that's why I hang out here; I remember the old lawless unpoliced wild-west days from twenty years ago, of teens looking for cheap thrills, emerging identity and world-is-so-stupid headline whines, and now that this forum's practically a prehistoric throwback to those days (even compared to the Anime and Manga boards), I can come back to my old field and play High School Teacher to the new class of delinquents, just like Mr. Kotter.
(Oh, and did I ever tell you about my uncle Bernie?...)

Basically, some folks got bounced for something off-topic, reactionary, wounded-violet, or trolling, and now they're coming back to find that the Mods are actually doing their job for the very first time. Bum-mah.
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
I've only been here for a little while and I haven't had any real problems. If there are problems with the moderators, they definitely need to be fixed. Especially if, as you said, moderators are closing topics and banning people for saying things that goes against what the moderator personally believes. Moderators should only be closing topics that violate the rules of the forum. They shouldn't be censorship warriors and if they are trying to be, they should immediately have their moderator privileges revoked.

As far as the rest of the community, I haven't had any real problems with anyone. Everyone I've met has been nice. Maybe I'm just lucky though. lol
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

Fjallrav wrote:

I've only been here for a little while and I haven't had any real problems. If there are problems with the moderators, they definitely need to be fixed. Especially if, as you said, moderators are closing topics and banning people for saying things that goes against what the moderator personally believes. Moderators should only be closing topics that violate the rules of the forum. They shouldn't be censorship warriors and if they are trying to be, they should immediately have their moderator privileges revoked.

As far as the rest of the community, I haven't had any real problems with anyone. Everyone I've met has been nice. Maybe I'm just lucky though. lol


You won't have issues with anyone until you provide a counter argument to someones opinion that completely shuts them down. You do that and you'll be met with kids who refuse to accept reality and suffer direct or indirect insults and watch as none of them get banned. Well until recently that is. Mods seem to finally be addressing some particular problems.

I'm sure some users/mods don't like to see what I just said but that's how it is lately. I wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't true.
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Easy method to not get banned:

Don't be a jackass.

Nuff said.
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Easy method to not get banned:

Don't be a jackass.

Nuff said.


I could agree with that in general. However, if it is as the OP said and some mods are banning people because they disagree with something they've said, that needs to be fixed.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

Fjallrav wrote:

I've only been here for a little while and I haven't had any real problems. If there are problems with the moderators, they definitely need to be fixed. Especially if, as you said, moderators are closing topics and banning people for saying things that goes against what the moderator personally believes. Moderators should only be closing topics that violate the rules of the forum. They shouldn't be censorship warriors and if they are trying to be, they should immediately have their moderator privileges revoked.

As far as the rest of the community, I haven't had any real problems with anyone. Everyone I've met has been nice. Maybe I'm just lucky though. lol


Yeah, there's clear definite evidence. You can pick out the bad users from the reasonable ones if you read their posts, if you see some saying. "They're doing their job." Without any evidence of said actions, they're probably just trying to look tumblr-fied.

The moderators are definitely a problem, but the staff isn't the smartest group people either. The bad users and bad moderators get along well. Good moderators and good users do not get along well with the other group. So we left.

There should be no trouble if you're not directly questioning the competence of moderators or if your opinion isn't too off the wall or "frowned" upon.

My generic posts don't get much flak and even praise, but if you say something unacceptable to the average Joe in northern US/Canada you can expect a lot of mud to hit you in the face.
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

Fjallrav wrote:

I could agree with that in general. However, if it is as the OP said and some mods are banning people because they disagree with something they've said, that needs to be fixed.


Speaking as someone who administrates a different forum, it's rarely the case. I doubt it's much different here. I can imagine a certain someone recently punished that would probably argue that what you said was the reason for it because it's not uncommon.

2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

dotsforlife wrote:


Fjallrav wrote:

I've only been here for a little while and I haven't had any real problems. If there are problems with the moderators, they definitely need to be fixed. Especially if, as you said, moderators are closing topics and banning people for saying things that goes against what the moderator personally believes. Moderators should only be closing topics that violate the rules of the forum. They shouldn't be censorship warriors and if they are trying to be, they should immediately have their moderator privileges revoked.

As far as the rest of the community, I haven't had any real problems with anyone. Everyone I've met has been nice. Maybe I'm just lucky though. lol


You won't have issues with anyone until you provide a counter argument to someones opinion that completely shuts them down. You do that and you'll be met with kids who refuse to accept reality and suffer direct or indirect insults and watch as none of them get banned. Well until recently that is. Mods seem to finally be addressing some particular problems.

I'm sure some users/mods don't like to see what I just said but that's how it is lately. I wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't true.


Except every problematic moderator from 2 months ago are still here.
380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Speaking as someone who administrates a different forum, it's rarely the case. I doubt it's much different here. I can imagine a certain someone recently punished that would probably argue that what you said was the reason for it because it's not uncommon.



I think I know who that certain someone is and I think I agree with the idea that they would probably claim that. I'm not saying that it is happening or that it isn't happening. I don't know, I'm still pretty new to the forums so I have limited experience with it. What I'm saying is that if there are moderators banning people because of disagreements (not saying that there are) then it needs to be fixed.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.