First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Has the community gotten better?
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 7/16/15
If I didn't like the community I would be gone.

Granted I have not been here very long, but I mostly just post here.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

Magical-Soul

Except every problematic moderator from 2 months ago are still here.


While it is true the same staff members are still present, it does seem like they're putting their foot down some. Users that have gone and insulted and broken the forum rules over and over were recently banned. I'll take that as a step in the right direction. There was a noticeable bias (whether intentional or not matters not) before so we'll see if things become more consistent now.

This rule in particular seems to be at the root cause for most bans and bias:

3) Be respectful of other users and assume goodwill. Don't insult other users; don't troll, don't flame, don't offer up flamebait.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

dotsforlife wrote:


Magical-Soul

Except every problematic moderator from 2 months ago are still here.


While it is true the same staff members are still present, it does seem like they're putting their foot down some. Users that have gone and insulted and broken the forum rules over and over were recently banned. I'll take that as a step in the right direction. There was a noticeable bias (whether intentional or not matters not) before so we'll see if things become more consistent now.


No, the users are definitely bad. But the moderators are a bigger problem.

You can already see symptoms in this topic. But I rather not engage certain people or point them out.
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
What is an example of the threads you were making that closed?
3352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
I haven't had a problem myself since I tend to infrequently post on this forum. That said, I can see it happening. Hey - at least this place isn't Reddit.

Now, I would complain about the community in general, since I read the comments section of shows. Seems like every anime attracts a different crowd. Everyone watching Space Brothers was having a great time. 80% of the people watching Sound! Euphonium wanted yuri (BLEH!!).
*shrug*
Depends on where you go and who you run into, I guess. And now for words of wisdom:

"In life, we must deal with people we like and people we don't like." - Capt. Obvious
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

bobsagget wrote:

What is an example of the threads you were making that closed?


What?
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


bobsagget wrote:

What is an example of the threads you were making that closed?


What?


You're saying the Mods suck and are banning users, I asked for an example of what the users have been saying that got them banned.
22895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
You can find closed threads if you look some actually are funny
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

bobsagget wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:


bobsagget wrote:

What is an example of the threads you were making that closed?


What?


You're saying the Mods suck and are banning users, I asked for an example of what the users have been saying that got them banned.


Yeah, no. Nice try.

You just said "What is an example of the threads you were making that closed?"

Now it's "You're saying the Mods suck and are banning users, I asked for an example of what the users have been saying that got them banned."

Granted, this isn't a big deal or too much of a contradiction, but I sense your mind is already made up anyway so I won't be in too much of a hurry to go fish out the topics/replies/messages.
19118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Though I don't pop out of my hole in CR that often, I can see why threads get closed and why people think they are wronged.



It's mostly an attitude problem and people being uncivil on the forums.
Keep your butts calm and you're fine. Insulting people gets threads closed.
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15


huh? I have no idea what you're talking about. You seem paranoid and unbalanced...
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

bobsagget wrote:



huh? I have no idea what you're talking about. You seem paranoid and unbalanced...


You asked for two different things. Which one do you want?

23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

Magical-Soul wrote:


bobsagget wrote:



huh? I have no idea what you're talking about. You seem paranoid and unbalanced...


You asked for two different things. Which one do you want?



Nvm, I got my thread deleted the other day so I was just curious to what other people were saying that got them in trouble. I honestly don't care that much.
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Funny, I've never had any problems. Sounds like the OP is just butt hurt.
6039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
haven't been here long but it seems the mods police one day and not others. its not as free on here as you think. but its very active here so I like that. I tell you though the mods sure do love FEMINISM and SEXISM threads
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.