First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Has the community gotten better?
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/17/15
I'm just here to watch the animes. Anything else on the site doesn't matter.
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

deadscreen wrote:

haven't been here long but it seems the mods police one day and not others. its not as free on here as you think. but its very active here so I like that. I tell you though the mods sure do love FEMINISM and SEXISM threads


They certainly do. Also, I must say, we are in the exact same city! Awesome! That means you're awesome by default! xD
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Been here 8 years. Not sure what you are talking about.
Queen Moderator
44022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
X / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
I'm a little confused why we are getting all this hatred. I'm even more confused where it's coming from. As a group we put in a lot of time and effort to make sure people on here are happy, but the rules are also being respected. As for the "Mods don't talk to normal users except bad mods and bad users" getting along bit...that's just silly, I've made so many wonderful friends on this site, and the community is wonderful. If I'm a horrible tyrant of some sort, I'm certainly super surprised by this news. Especially since I very rarely ban or delete people unless it's after multiple offenses OR they break a severe rule.

It seems you're upset at the moment, however, but I really hope you have a better day

And if anyone does have issues, feel free to message me directly
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

LainZero wrote:

I'm a little confused why we are getting all this hatred. I'm even more confused where it's coming from. As a group we put in a lot of time and effort to make sure people on here are happy, but the rules are also being respected. As for the "Mods don't talk to normal users except bad mods and bad users" getting along bit...that's just silly, I've made so many wonderful friends on this site, and the community is wonderful. If I'm a horrible tyrant of some sort, I'm certainly super surprised by this news. Especially since I very rarely ban or delete people unless it's after multiple offenses OR they break a severe rule.

It seems you're upset at the moment, however, but I really hope you have a better day

And if anyone does have issues, feel free to message me directly


I have a feeling most of this is intended for a few specific staff members instead of all of them. I myself have only seen 2 mods active on the general discussions forum. I'm sure there's more who patrol it, but I've only noticed 2. That being said, it would be nicer if mods made more of a consistent approach to matters on the forums in general. Especially the more heated threads that seem to be popular at the moment.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
@papagolfwhisky,


Been here 8 years. Not sure what you are talking about.


.... Okay...? Good, I guess?...

@LainZero,


I'm a little confused why we are getting all this hatred.


I've never seen anyone mention you specifically, so I don't know if you are trouble to to anyone in particular, though, I don't think it's that hard to figure out why people are upset if it was something the moderators looked into.


As a group we put in a lot of time and effort to make sure people on here are happy.


Er.... Well..... Yeah, okay, I don't really need to go digging any further into this comment. Lol
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 7/16/15
What exactly are people doing that is getting them in trouble?
27244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15
The mods are fine. If few others seem to have problems and it seems that you're just encountering bad juju, no offense but the problem is probably you. The mods are somewhat lax here but they can still swoop in to use their mod powers whenever they wish and people need to remember that.

Last time I read your posts months ago, you weren't exactly tactful or respectful with the way you worded your ideas or rebuttals. I'm just being objective. You may not have intended to sound that way. I don't think you're a troll but quoting everything and responding in an abrasive way is sure to get a mod's attention. You don't have to respond to every post directed at you. Sometime you should just ignore argumentative posts and try not to make yourself appear hostile. The mods usually leave it alone if it's just one or two times but when there's an entire thread full of tactless responses, a few eyebrows will undoubtedly be raised.

I've been on these foums for a while, too, and never had problems. CR is actually pretty good compared to most other forums I've been to. Just my two cents.



PrinceJudar wrote:

Easy method to not get banned:

Don't be a jackass.

Nuff said.


Pretty much this.
32288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15


CR forums are pretty laid back, and I prefer it that way.

I mostly use Wargaming Forums, but most of them are way different from CR :
1) the mods are super active and super strict (I've been banned for sarcasm once)
2) nobody uses the (general discussion) off-topic forums, some don't even have off-topic forums.

54605 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 米国
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
I'm not sure why some people in here are blaming the mods, when clearly this people that get banned are the ones to blame for going out of control, offending other users, trolling threads, or going out of control.

-Mastergold
24948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/15
Maybe cut back on the gossiping and busybodying. Of course you'll end up upset if you keep discussing everyone's complaints and minor issues repeatedly. Usually not worth it.
54839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Been here 8 years. Not sure what you are talking about.


If you've been here 8 years then I'm going to start telling everyone I've been here for 9
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15

malicust wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Been here 8 years. Not sure what you are talking about.


If you've been here 8 years then I'm going to start telling everyone I've been here for 9


my bad. 2008 Seven years. I still don't know what the OP is going on about.

EDIT

In point of fact the OP has been non-specific to the point of being downright coy. What are these problems. Lay some charges with evidence or stop with the sly innuendo and vague accusations.
54839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SoCal
Offline
Posted 7/16/15

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


malicust wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Been here 8 years. Not sure what you are talking about.


If you've been here 8 years then I'm going to start telling everyone I've been here for 9


my bad. 2008 Seven years. I still don't know what the OP is going on about.



lol I was just teasing you I haven't had any issues the entire time I've been a member. They must be bringing it upon themselves. Its sort of like all the issues with LE in the states. If you comply, there's very minimal chance you'll have a problem.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/16/15 , edited 7/16/15


There is a mod that will ban you for that FYI

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.