First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Do you deny the existence of evil?
89194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / in your head
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Answer for an answer: do you deny the existence of humans?? We are by far most outrageous species out here on Earth. We are cruel and wasteful. We do not care unless it's against our benefit or family. But that features we share with others. What's different tho is that we mostly kill for damn FUN. Let's see you NOW deny the existence of evil lol
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The term" Evil" is applied by and interpreted by the user to discriminate against all that an entity represents without bothering with objective specifics.It's all encompassing.War has been termed "evil" ,but when sane people pursue war, by continuing to build for war, it's called sane.US society punishes individuals that practice horrendous violence on a personal level, then bestows medals on those that practice the same horrendous violence on a wholesale level.Reconciling and accepting these two "justices" is what erodes and destroys the fabric of a society.


Just because a term has been misused, doesn't mean that an underlying condition doesn't exist.

Much of the misuse comes from a misunderstanding of what evil entails.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/evil/evilhome.html


I disagree.People exist, evil does not..If a tree falls in a forest and no ones around.....


Did you have a chance at reading the link? Give the argument a chance.

People exist alongside with their lack. When there are people, their lack of consideration exists.


Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.





Schmooples wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


Well put - my views nearly exactly.





pirththee wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


What first premise? It only identified what something is seen as, not what something actually is, until pages later.

Edit: I saw your last sentence. Good grief... You are way off. This has to do with the practical realm.


Then I disagree with you on what you consider is pragmatic.Sorry,had to edit the syntax of this post.


The damn deer just ate the tops off of all my beans again .The fawns are about Cocker Spaniel high and just love blooming beans.What's worse is they won't stand still enough for me to get a decent picture.Any who, Evil itself for me is not a concept but part of a belief system.I don't acknowledge it other than to respect others people's belief systems that adopt it.So the first premise is the word "evil" itself.If you don't accept evil as anything but a component of mysticism ,and you're not a mystic ,then it has no validity for you other than someone else's belief system.


The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


LOL,The people that tend to argue evil exists are so culture bound by their own delusions that they will apply any label or justify any action to those that disagree with them.Sad, but all too time worn and predictable.
Posted 7/18/15

pirththee wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The term" Evil" is applied by and interpreted by the user to discriminate against all that an entity represents without bothering with objective specifics.It's all encompassing.War has been termed "evil" ,but when sane people pursue war, by continuing to build for war, it's called sane.US society punishes individuals that practice horrendous violence on a personal level, then bestows medals on those that practice the same horrendous violence on a wholesale level.Reconciling and accepting these two "justices" is what erodes and destroys the fabric of a society.


Just because a term has been misused, doesn't mean that an underlying condition doesn't exist.

Much of the misuse comes from a misunderstanding of what evil entails.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/evil/evilhome.html


I disagree.People exist, evil does not..If a tree falls in a forest and no ones around.....


Did you have a chance at reading the link? Give the argument a chance.

People exist alongside with their lack. When there are people, their lack of consideration exists.


Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.





Schmooples wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


Well put - my views nearly exactly.





pirththee wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


What first premise? It only identified what something is seen as, not what something actually is, until pages later.

Edit: I saw your last sentence. Good grief... You are way off. This has to do with the practical realm.


Then I disagree with you on what you consider is pragmatic.Sorry,had to edit the syntax of this post.


The damn deer just ate the tops off of all my beans again .The fawns are about Cocker Spaniel high and just love blooming beans.What's worse is they won't stand still enough for me to get a decent picture.Any who, Evil itself for me is not a concept but part of a belief system.I don't acknowledge it other than to respect others people's belief systems that adopt it.So the first premise is the word "evil" itself.If you don't accept evil as anything but a component of mysticism ,and you're not a mystic ,then it has no validity for you other than someone else's belief system.


The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


LOL,The people that tend to argue evil exists are so culture bound by their own delusions that they will apply any label or justify any action to those that disagree with them.Sad, but all too time worn and predictable.


Sorry you're butthurt, truth hurts.
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:


pirththee wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The term" Evil" is applied by and interpreted by the user to discriminate against all that an entity represents without bothering with objective specifics.It's all encompassing.War has been termed "evil" ,but when sane people pursue war, by continuing to build for war, it's called sane.US society punishes individuals that practice horrendous violence on a personal level, then bestows medals on those that practice the same horrendous violence on a wholesale level.Reconciling and accepting these two "justices" is what erodes and destroys the fabric of a society.


Just because a term has been misused, doesn't mean that an underlying condition doesn't exist.

Much of the misuse comes from a misunderstanding of what evil entails.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/evil/evilhome.html


I disagree.People exist, evil does not..If a tree falls in a forest and no ones around.....


Did you have a chance at reading the link? Give the argument a chance.

People exist alongside with their lack. When there are people, their lack of consideration exists.


Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.





Schmooples wrote:


pirththee wrote:

The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


Well put - my views nearly exactly.





pirththee wrote:


pirththee wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


pirththee wrote:

Actually I did . It's what is termed as a "first premise" piece.You're invited to accept their first premise thus accepting later concepts based on the one that you've already theoretically accepted.Think of it as an acceleration march of rationalization.Of course if you don't accept the "first premise" and in sequence then the whole structure fails.The concept of evil for me is just garden variety mysticism and has no validity outside of that realm..If you believe in evil that's cool by me and I respect that.


What first premise? It only identified what something is seen as, not what something actually is, until pages later.

Edit: I saw your last sentence. Good grief... You are way off. This has to do with the practical realm.


Then I disagree with you on what you consider is pragmatic.Sorry,had to edit the syntax of this post.


The damn deer just ate the tops off of all my beans again .The fawns are about Cocker Spaniel high and just love blooming beans.What's worse is they won't stand still enough for me to get a decent picture.Any who, Evil itself for me is not a concept but part of a belief system.I don't acknowledge it other than to respect others people's belief systems that adopt it.So the first premise is the word "evil" itself.If you don't accept evil as anything but a component of mysticism ,and you're not a mystic ,then it has no validity for you other than someone else's belief system.


The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


LOL,The people that tend to argue evil exists are so culture bound by their own delusions that they will apply any label or justify any action to those that disagree with them.Sad, but all too time worn and predictable.


Sorry you're butthurt, truth hurts.


Yup I'm so butthurt I can't stop laughing at your foolishness.I suggest you try this on someone less experienced because you're just embarrassing yourself now and your stated age is far too young for me to continue..
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:

The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


Good luck finding any instance in which I hurt others or otherwise cause trouble or suffering. Anyone who knows me halfway decently will agree that I'm a pretty good guy. I've no personal motivation in denying that evil isn't dependent on what people view it to be; simply put, my primary interest is in viewing the world objectively and without bias, without hate for people simply because they are different. I'm always pretty far from cynical - in fact, you seem to be the cynical one here. Most of the other labels you use to demonstrate corruptness fall short, by the way.

You're very quick to insist that evil exists and is an intrinsic part of reality. From where does it derive? By what mechanism is evil divided from good?
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

Schmooples wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:

The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


Good luck finding any instance in which I hurt others or otherwise cause trouble or suffering. Anyone who knows me halfway decently will agree that I'm a pretty good guy. I've no personal motivation in denying that evil isn't dependent on what people view it to be; simply put, my primary interest is in viewing the world objectively and without bias, without hate for people simply because they are different. I'm always pretty far from cynical - in fact, you seem to be the cynical one here. Most of the other labels you use to demonstrate corruptness fall short, by the way.

You're very quick to insist that evil exists and is an intrinsic part of reality. From where does it derive? By what mechanism is evil divided from good?


Now I feel like an idiot. You very nearly said in one line what took me half a page.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

foraslan wrote:

Now I feel like an idiot. You very nearly said in one line what took me half a page.


Simply used different tactics - a longer post isn't any worse.
Posted 7/18/15

Schmooples wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:

The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


Good luck finding any instance in which I hurt others or otherwise cause trouble or suffering. Anyone who knows me halfway decently will agree that I'm a pretty good guy. I've no personal motivation in denying that evil isn't dependent on what people view it to be; simply put, my primary interest is in viewing the world objectively and without bias, without hate for people simply because they are different. I'm always pretty far from cynical - in fact, you seem to be the cynical one here. Most of the other labels you use to demonstrate corruptness fall short, by the way.

You're very quick to insist that evil exists and is an intrinsic part of reality. From where does it derive? By what mechanism is evil divided from good?


You do harm by promoting pedophilia as being harmless, when it often to child molestation. Which is sick and immoral and indefensible. Its why sex offenders must register where they live and arent allowed near schools or parks children frequent, because theu cant be rehabiland always reoffend. There is simply no defemse for it being a sickness and untreatable, its become a joke to say child molesteres can be rehabilitated, and why a pedophile must register for life. All research suggests its highly likely they will reoffend
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
I don't believe in objective evil
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:

You do harm by promoting pedophilia as being harmless, when it often to child molestation. Which is sick and immoral and indefensible. Its why sex offenders must register where they live and arent allowed near schools or parks children frequent, because theu cant be rehabiland always reoffend. There is simply no defemse for it being a sickness and untreatable, its become a joke to say child molesteres can be rehabilitated, and why a pedophile must register for life. All research suggests its highly likely they will reoffend


Most sex offenders are not pedophiles and sex offenders have the second-lowest recidivism rate of any crime. For more information, read my post in your other thread. I have sources, too, if you so desire.

Care to address anything else in my post? You know, anything related to the topic of this thread?
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

foraslan wrote:


Schmooples wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:

The people that tend to argue evil doesnt exist are often immoral individualists, satanists, pedophiles, cynical existential philosophers, its always a personal motivation behind it no matter the reason and hardly objective science-based.Sad but true.


Good luck finding any instance in which I hurt others or otherwise cause trouble or suffering. Anyone who knows me halfway decently will agree that I'm a pretty good guy. I've no personal motivation in denying that evil isn't dependent on what people view it to be; simply put, my primary interest is in viewing the world objectively and without bias, without hate for people simply because they are different. I'm always pretty far from cynical - in fact, you seem to be the cynical one here. Most of the other labels you use to demonstrate corruptness fall short, by the way.

You're very quick to insist that evil exists and is an intrinsic part of reality. From where does it derive? By what mechanism is evil divided from good?


Now I feel like an idiot. You very nearly said in one line what took me half a page.





Schmooples wrote:


foraslan wrote:

Now I feel like an idiot. You very nearly said in one line what took me half a page.

]
Simply used different tactics - a longer post isn't any worse.


The result of both is error. Evil exists as long as the human race exists, it is a fact, and not one of contention .Like I said, ppl who subscribe to no evil erroniously link evil to religion when its a social behavior problem, and those that insist evil doesnt exist think that if they deny it it will not exist. Evil is real, look at crime and terrorism and greed, corruptipn, selfishmess, there is too much for it not to exist,
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Good and evil is just jealous ignorance for each other.
22940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
human beings are good and bad bottom line with ever great loving act 2 acts of evil are committed its human nature we are not selfless people
Rohzek 
15004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
I do not believe evil has an ontological existence. For me, evil is more or less the absence of good. It's like light. Darkness is not something that has an ontological and concrete existence. It is merely the absence of light.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:

The result of both is error. Evil exists as long as the human race exisys, it is a fact, and not one of contentiob. Like I said, ppl who subscribe to no evil erroniously link evil to religion when its a social behavior problem, amned those that insist evil doesnt exisy thinl that if they deny it it will not exist. Evil is real, look at crime and terrorism and gred, vorruptipn, selfishmess, there is too much for it not to exist,


Oddly enough, you don't list hate as an example of the "evil" that plagues the world. Well, guess the reason why for that is obvious enough.

You still fail to point out the mechanism by which evil is decided. Can you make a definitive list of what is evil and what isn't? You point out crime - is illegally parking for a couple of hours evil? I suppose you mean murder... Is a man who kills another for supplies necessary to save his family evil?

What about the nearly endless list of things that have been considered evil in the past that society considers fine now? Homosexuality, for example, or communism. Why are your views of evil more accurate than those of the past?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.