First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Gunman who MURDERED 77 allowed to start UNIVERSITY course
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3165975/Norway-massacre-gunman-Anders-Breivik-starts-POLITICS-course-Oslo-university-milking-prison-rules-giving-inmates-right-higher-education.html#comments

Ultra PC liberal idiots have reached a new low - didn't think that was possible. Oh well, he's going to be just your friendly neighborhood terrorist taking a politics course, that's all. Next time he slaughters folks, he'll only be ticketed for his not-so-nice behavior and sent on his way.

Naughty naughty, he'll get...sent to uni to further his education? Oh, okay.

EDIT: As usual, apparently people did not get the snark in my commentary especially regarding the "PC liberal idiots" or the fact that I've poked fun at Conservatives or other political parties before, regardless. We have now reached the point in Crunchyroll where everything must be explained and spelled out. Right-o.

On the other hand regardless of party, yes I do personally find it sickening that this creature gets a chance to do something he personally wants after he took choices, wants, futures and lives away from so many others. I'm not going to sit on the fence for that.

Anyway, continue on you lovely creatures!

Posted 7/18/15
Oh this is Norway we're talking about. I've watched some films from Norway, their prison is like a 5 star hotel. Not even exaggerating. They have desks and everything lol.

They have their own way of doing things which is to reform criminals into normal people... I don't think it's right to judge whether what they're doing is right or wrong. It's not like non-Norway prisons are any better...
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

teallerina wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3165975/Norway-massacre-gunman-Anders-Breivik-starts-POLITICS-course-Oslo-university-milking-prison-rules-giving-inmates-right-higher-education.html#comments

Ultra PC liberal idiots have reached a new low - didn't think that was possible. Oh well, he's going to be just your friendly neighborhood terrorist taking a politics course, that's all. Next time he slaughters folks, he'll only be ticketed for his not-so-nice behavior and sent on his way.

Naughty naughty, he'll get...sent to uni to further his education? Oh, okay.


are the far left progressives at it again? *face-palm*; so let me get this right... there are people not being allowed to go to classes because they look like some girls rapist.. but a gunman who murdered 77 people is allowed to go to uni? :| somehow this doesn't seem right...


Link to the story I referenced in the spoiler tab
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
So you blame the left for letting a right wing terrorist go to school? You do see the irony there right? Unless the prison officials allow him visitors it is extremely unlikely he is going to do any more slaughtering because he's not allowed any personal contact with the university..
9236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / I don't know T_T
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
At least those who were enrolled in the same class as him won't see him physically unless they're in jail too.
19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Ok, what about it?

I see no problems about him getting an education. In fact, US prisoners should also be getting an education. Of course, not unattended.
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
I do think rehabilitating a criminal should usually be part of his punishment, but providing punishment proportional to the crime is also important. It's a matter of weighing the two considerations. I really don't see a problem with him being eligible for higher education as long as he's not allowed to become a threat to anyone. But, since he committed such a heinous crime, I would sooner put him to death for his actions. In the meantime, before he dies, I suppose he can be allowed to live and learn. It's a time sink, at the very least, that helps channel energy that could otherwise be used for destructive behavior within the prison itself. Whether or not the costs should be borne upon the shoulders of the public....I'm not too sure about that. Good thing this is in Norway.

It's not so much that he is being forced to pursue higher education as his punishment, it is that he has the right to pursue higher education in spite of his crimes.
11680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15
yeah okay
13129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Not sure what the big deal is here. Its not like he is actually going to be sitting in with these classes...
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Oh this is Norway we're talking about. I've watched some films from Norway, their prison is like a 5 star hotel. Not even exaggerating. They have desks and everything lol.

They have their own way of doing things which is to reform criminals into normal people... I don't think it's right to judge whether what they're doing is right or wrong. It's not like non-Norway prisons are any better...


So, we're going to reward people who murder 77 human beings in cold blood with a higher education? How, regardless of the country, is that right in any way, shape or form?

Doesn't even matter if he's going to be in the classes with others or not. Those people he slaughtered were denied to continue their own lives, yet this creature who happily murdered so many is allowed to do something that they will never be able to?
md4124 
47303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15
Brainwashed conservatives who view everything out of the lens of faux news and right-wing blogs show how they don't know anything about the world outside of their southern trailer park. Big surprise. Using Tea Bagger insults on people from another continent [...insult deleted]
51195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15
He's still isolated in his prison cell, not making contact with anyone outside. Norway prisons are focused on rehabilitating criminals, something American prisons have long needed to do. I don't see a problem here just as long as he's not allowed to participate in politics. His murders were politically motivated. Only an idiot would allow a muslim-hating mass murderer to have a say in politics, let alone in Europe where there's a strong movement against Muslim immigration. He can study politics all he wants. More knowledge for him. It's not like he'll be able to do anything with that knowledge. Besides, he killed 77 people in cold blood. He'll most likely die before he gets out of jail.
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

md4124 wrote:

Brainwashed conservatives who view everything out of the lens of faux news and right-wing blogs show how they don't know anything about the world outside of their southern trailer park. Big surprise. Using Tea Bagger insults on people from another continent [insult deleted].


How wonderful for you to stereotype all conservatives as being "southern trailer park", neither of which I am ♥

For your much-needed benefit, I have stated that my commentary in the original post was snark...but I guess I'll always be a "Tea Bagger" to you, oh noes.

How fauxy.
23684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Fort Bragg, NC
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
he must have a sweet GPA
Posted 7/18/15

Gyava wrote:

he must have a sweet GPA


He has brought up his grades and worked hard so there !!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.