First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is pedophilia wrong?
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

Schmooples wrote:

Well, I probably should stay out of this - it'll only serve to stress me out, given the last couple of times this topic came up... People don't care to listen to reason when it comes to boogeymen.

I'm glad at least a few people have made the distinction between pedophilia and sexual abuse, because there is a very, very wide difference between the two. Pedophilia is only an attraction to prepubescent individuals, not an action, not a belief system, nor anything else. Pedophiles don't choose to be pedophiles - who would? Who would want to love those they could never be with and be hated by virtually everyone, and if not hated, distrusted? Pedophilia, though, isn't wrong - rape is.

It's been found that most sex offenders with crimes against children are not pedophiles. Most pedophiles that are convicted for such things are brought in for pornography charges - which can include drawn pornography in some jurisdictions - and not for violent charges like rape. If most pedophiles are not predators, and most predators are not pedophiles are not pedophiles, why are pedophiles the target for all this hate and judgment? It makes no sense and serves only to remove incentive to remain within the law. If you are hated and treated like a criminal, a monster, without actually offending, what concrete reason do you have not to offend?

As it stands now, pedophiles have staggeringly high depression and suicide rates - most that kill themselves do so when they are first figuring out what they are, generally not long after puberty themselves - the 16-19 range. How can anybody tolerate this? Death and suffering for something that they can't control?

Now I'll probably get a lot of insults thrown my way, people insinuating things, like the other times. But I have a conscience and can't let a group of people get hated and treated like monsters simply for existing. But bigots always find a group to hate, always find a reason to be hateful. Witches, Communists, Muslims, various races - they've all been subjected to the same treatment in the past, always "for good reason."


From what I see in the world, most people would be glad that they're killing themselves. Humans can wish some brutal things against people when they don't know them.
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Online
Posted 7/18/15

Buckerss wrote:

From what I see in the world, most people would be glad that they're killing themselves. Humans can wish some brutal things against people when they don't know them.


Sadly, yeah. But in the same breath that people cheer over the death of a fellow human beings, they insist that pedophiles are the evil ones simply for an attraction. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:
There are a lot of mixed message here, because they are pedophiles who claim that they are not mentally ill.


Not really sure what you mean. What mixed messages? Who is "they"?

Anyways, the term "mental illness" is pretty broad, so it is difficult to really say what is or isn't a mental illness by strict definitions. At times, homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the DSM and homosexuality isn't really all that different from pedophilia (which I believe is still classified by the DSM). The only real difference is that pedophilia is something that should not be acted upon. It technically becomes an "illness" when it starts having negative effects on your life or social interactions.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who didn't think that pedophilia was a mental illness, however, that would really only be a debate of semantics, as there is virtually no debate on the idea that it shouldn't be acted upon or that in certain individuals the urges can be extremely difficult to resist. Whether you want to label it a "mental illness" or not is mostly irrelevant, although it is important to legal distinctions protecting people with mental illnesses against discrimination (however, pedophilia is excluded from those protections which is in part what I was speaking about earlier)
27824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Yes but right when a person hits puberty then it should be legal. If your body is capable of making children then you should be allowed to have sex with whomever you want unless they are family or the age gap is more than 10 years. Seeing old people with young people is disgusting even if they are 18.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Yes it is a sickness. If you are a pedophile you need to get help. It is not normal to want to fuck kids.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Yes but right when a person hits puberty then it should be legal. If your body is capable of making children then you should be allowed to have sex with whomever you want unless they are family or the age gap is more than 10 years. Seeing old people with young people is disgusting even if they are 18.


Okay Piero Scaruffi.

...The 4chan /mu/ users will get that joke. Either way your viewpoint is messed up. Puberty is the worst time for kids to make descisions that could have such big consequences especially given so many sexual relationships with that big of an age difference at that age are generally based on emotional manipulation and extortion. Many times they tend to fuck people up.
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

Schmooples wrote:

Well, I probably should stay out of this - it'll only serve to stress me out, given the last couple of times this topic came up... People don't care to listen to reason when it comes to boogeymen.

I'm glad at least a few people have made the distinction between pedophilia and sexual abuse, because there is a very, very wide difference between the two. Pedophilia is only an attraction to prepubescent individuals, not an action, not a belief system, nor anything else. Pedophiles don't choose to be pedophiles - who would? Who would want to love those they could never be with and be hated by virtually everyone, and if not hated, distrusted? Pedophilia, though, isn't wrong - rape is.

It's been found that most sex offenders with crimes against children are not pedophiles. Most pedophiles that are convicted for such things are brought in for pornography charges - which can include drawn pornography in some jurisdictions - and not for violent charges like rape. If most pedophiles are not predators, and most predators are not pedophiles are not pedophiles, why are pedophiles the target for all this hate and judgment? It makes no sense and serves only to remove incentive to remain within the law. If you are hated and treated like a criminal, a monster, without actually offending, what concrete reason do you have not to offend?

As it stands now, pedophiles have staggeringly high depression and suicide rates - most that kill themselves do so when they are first figuring out what they are, generally not long after puberty themselves - the 16-19 range. How can anybody tolerate this? Death and suffering for something that they can't control?

Now I'll probably get a lot of insults thrown my way, people insinuating things, like the other times. But I have a conscience and can't let a group of people get hated and treated like monsters simply for existing. But bigots always find a group to hate, always find a reason to be hateful. Witches, Communists, Muslims, various races - they've all been subjected to the same treatment in the past, always "for good reason."

most people already know the difference between sexual abuse and pedophilia i'm sure. those two are just often corrolated with eachother.

pedophillia is wrong. its a sickness that needs to be treated. we shouldn't let these people walk around willy nilly with no treatment. no treatment to sicknesses just makes it worse to the point they'll hurt other people and maybe even themselves.

youre acting like pedophiles actually receive tons of shit from society for no reason besides that theryre pedophiles. they should be seen as despicable and disgusting because they're acts of it are morally wrong. finding children sexually attractive is disgusting. sexualizing children is disgusting. having sex with children is disgusting.

I have no idea how you can think that, when we've gotten people like Josh Dugger being defended over his acts if pedophilia, and just a ton of people in general defending it and them, even if they haven't commited the act yet or before. kinda like how you're doing right now.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

Schmooples wrote:


Buckerss wrote:

From what I see in the world, most people would be glad that they're killing themselves. Humans can wish some brutal things against people when they don't know them.


Sadly, yeah. But in the same breath that people cheer over the death of a fellow human beings, they insist that pedophiles are the evil ones simply for an attraction. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.


I insist they have a problem simply for attraction I would never wish death on anyone.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/18/15

jeffcoatstephen wrote:

Yes but right when a person hits puberty then it should be legal. If your body is capable of making children then you should be allowed to have sex with whomever you want unless they are family or the age gap is more than 10 years. Seeing old people with young people is disgusting even if they are 18.


Interesting to see someone who is ok with Ephebopilia. Though why the age gap issue beyond "It's disgusting"? For example, shit is disgusting but that doesn't mean touching it should be illegal. A poor example probably, but it gets the point across.

Personally I think that if we're going with the Ephebopilia being ok route, then a test should be an added requirement to see if they understand consent, the risks, and protective measures you can take.

Either way, the reason Ephebopilia is often considered wrong is because teenage minds are not developed, and therefore regrettable choices are easily made. But then the age of consent is wrong because it should be around 21-25, as that is when the mind is fully developed. Not only that but one could argue that someone who doesn't make such mistakes, might not learn regardless of age.

It's a complicated issue honestly. That's why I'm undecided on it and consider it to be a moral grey area.
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15
Its a sickness and child molesting is unforgiveable, recovery is 0%, which is why sexoffenders must register where they live for the redt of their lives. Aeay from schools, the data reflects that there is no cure, and no contention.

Pedophles will eventially molest a child, so saying pefophilia isny jarmful is like saying HIV isnt harmful bevause its not AIDS yet.
Ezbeat 
9044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
Yup
14747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:

Its a sickness and child molesting is unforgiveable, recovery is 0%, which is why sexoffenders must register where they live for the redt of their lives. Aeay from schools, the data reflects that there is no cure, and no contention.


Oh, so we decided to jump back into the conversation now, glad to see we've reached the minimum number of sucker posts!
Still, could we make the fake responses a little less generic or simply restating the original premise? It would look like you were actually following the course of the thread, although I suppose that would be involving yourself with a little too much effort.
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

Ejanss wrote:


LadyofAshes wrote:

Its a sickness and child molesting is unforgiveable, recovery is 0%, which is why sexoffenders must register where they live for the redt of their lives. Aeay from schools, the data reflects that there is no cure, and no contention.


Oh, so we decided to jump back into the conversation now, glad to see we've reached the minimum number of sucker posts!
Still, could we make the fake responses a little less generic or simply restating the original premise? It would look like you were actually following the course of the thread, although I suppose that would be involving yourself with a little too much effort.


Im only reemphasizing my earlier points, amd I read everything, lol.
5619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/18/15
I don't really think it needs an explanation or justification...
It's just plain wrong
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/15 , edited 7/18/15

LadyofAshes wrote:

Pedophles will eventially molest a child


Do you have any way of backing that up?

Of course not...because its not true.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.