First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you "feel the bern"?
43982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/19/15
Sure I feel the Bern. If he energizes the liberal wing then great. He also has no chance in hell so in the end I know who I'll end up voting for.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/19/15
For those that think Bernie has no chance what is your logic to this? I can see it but I can also see the other side as well which is people working together to make it happen? So why do you think Clinton is a forgone conclusion? So why?
43982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/19/15 , edited 7/20/15
Extremists get weeded out along the way. It happened to Nader, it will happen to him. Especially in this election, which so far features absolutely no electable Republican candidates, the Democrats will go for the vanilla, mass appeal candidate, Hillary Clinton.
6936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Portland, OR
Offline
Posted 7/19/15 , edited 7/20/15
People assume Hilary is a forgone conclusion because we just had a black guy, now we have to have a woman. It has nothing to do with what they stand for, just a need to overreact and feel like they're being progressive.
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/19/15

PapaNeko wrote:

He won't even come close to winning the nomination.

At least his presence energizes the more progressive wing of the Democratic party, and might even be enough to help lure some Green Party or left-leaning independents to pay attention to the Democratic primaries; which would be an opportunity for Hilary to get her message to some ears that have long been shut to her.


Damn I forgot the Green Party even existed.
43982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/19/15 , edited 7/20/15

luckystax wrote:

People assume Hilary is a forgone conclusion because we just had a black guy, now we have to have a woman. It has nothing to do with what they stand for, just a need to overreact and feel like they're being progressive.


It has nothing to do with her being a woman. She's been in the national spotlight for over 20 years, she's a known quantity and an experienced, savvy politician. She's a safe bet.
32271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 7/19/15
I'll probably wait till '16 before deciding.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 7/19/15
Been a Bernie fan for a while....

Be interesting if his campaign amounts to something good.
37126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/19/15
You know Clinton has it locked down when Bernie Sanders is her main competition. The only reason he's getting attention now is because there is no one else to talk about. I like the guy but anyone who thinks he has a shot at becoming president is terribly deluded.
7047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/15

slfcmore wrote:


luckystax wrote:

People assume Hilary is a forgone conclusion because we just had a black guy, now we have to have a woman. It has nothing to do with what they stand for, just a need to overreact and feel like they're being progressive.


It has nothing to do with her being a woman. She's been in the national spotlight for over 20 years, she's a known quantity and an experienced, savvy politician. She's a safe bet.


It has EVERYTHING to do with her being a woman. Seriously, just google the phrase "It's time for a woman President"; it's practically her campaign slogan. No one actually LIKES Hillary, either as a candidate or as a human being; this is literally all that she has going for her. The sad and disgusting part is that it'll probably work, and we are all worse off for it.
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/15

slfcmore wrote:


luckystax wrote:

People assume Hilary is a forgone conclusion because we just had a black guy, now we have to have a woman. It has nothing to do with what they stand for, just a need to overreact and feel like they're being progressive.


It has nothing to do with her being a woman. She's been in the national spotlight for over 20 years, she's a known quantity and an experienced, savvy politician. She's a safe bet.


Shes not a safe bet, her track record is garbage compared to Bernie's.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/20/15

slfcmore wrote:

Extremists get weeded out along the way. It happened to Nader, it will happen to him. Especially in this election, which so far features absolutely no electable Republican candidates, the Democrats will go for the vanilla, mass appeal candidate, Hillary Clinton.


Really so the last time they had that choice who did they pick? Right Democrats are like herding cats always have been more independent thinkers in the party. Don't equate liberal with weak it isn't true never has been Bernie actually has a decent shot if he builds out his ground game guess what he is doing right now building out his ground game. Nader isn't in the same boat or even class as Sanders while both are on the left one failed to fire up the grass roots while the other is doing just that. Nader also ran as an independent Bernie is working from within the system a system that as we have seen in the past does not always give it to the sure thing.

You consider Bernie ideas extreme more Americans agree with them then disagree best actually look at where and what he has always been in front of. Current from his site the issue he is working for are creating decent paying jobs which is needed, income and wealth inequality, getting money out of politics, climate change and the environment and a living wage. He would also be for Medicare for everyone which he fought for. So his ideas aren't that extreme unless you are dye in the wool believer in the Libertarian ideals at which point yeah they are extreme ideas.

The first one requires a change to the tax code for business making it less profitable to ship jobs overseas and incentive-vising those companies to bring those jobs back into this country. Isn't really that hard when you actually thing about it, just one party doesn't want this done the one that says no to everything.

Second issue requires an Amendment to the Constitution which is already in the works and as president he would be appointing the people watching the elections so he could appoint folks willing to actually stand up to the money interests.

The third is a bit more difficult because folks keep conflating weather and climate they are not the same thing. Weather is what happened today and yesterday and tomorrow climate is what happened over the last year, ten years or century see the difference one is short term the other is the bigger picture when we talk climate change we are talking the big picture. As for the environment I sure you don't want oil or benzine in your drink water or mercury in the air and water you drink and breath, have you seen China with their smog days we used to be like that you want to go back to that?

The last one is in the long run the best economic stimulus package you could give America don't say it would hurt the economy you don't understand what you are talking about if you say that. Economies work on demand if the money is where the most demand is the economy moves, this in turn creates jobs which fuels more demand which creates more jobs. So yeah republican get that one wrong all the time. this simple economic principle that has been proven true every time first during the great depression the second time with Eisenhower built out the interstate freeway system. Put money in the hands of the people that spend it and the economy works give it to the rich and the economy stales.

So yeah really radical ideas there bring jobs back to America raise the minimum wage and take care of the environment so we don't kill ourselves off and last kill off the super pac and get money out of politics so more people not fewer can get into it. Yup really radical ideas that Americans agree with.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/20/15

gvblackmoon wrote:

For those that think Bernie has no chance what is your logic to this? I can see it but I can also see the other side as well which is people working together to make it happen? So why do you think Clinton is a forgone conclusion? So why?


When the presidential election comes around the negative ad campaigning will start up. All they have to do is scream 'SOCIALIST'.

He won't make it, but Hilary is such a damn tool.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/20/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


gvblackmoon wrote:

For those that think Bernie has no chance what is your logic to this? I can see it but I can also see the other side as well which is people working together to make it happen? So why do you think Clinton is a forgone conclusion? So why?


When the presidential election comes around the negative ad campaigning will start up. All they have to do is scream 'SOCIALIST'.

He won't make it, but Hilary is such a damn tool.


And he will embrace it and show them what it really means it isn't the big scary word that the right makes it out to be. Which is what he already does and will continue to do. So yeah I don't think the ad's will do much good specially when he isn't running them himself and if only building up his credentials.

Socialist what you see in China and the old Soviet Union or Democratic Socialist which is what you see in Finland, Norway and Denmark? To be clear it isn't the former but the later and people like those ideas. A country that works for everyone or just the top 1% which one to you want? See the claim cut them more then helps them because he can turn it into a teaching moment which helps him in the long run. Smart honest and able to fight there is a reason the republicans stopped running candidates against him.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.