Post Reply Any wanna be manga creators out there?
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/19/15 , edited 7/19/15
Hey guys i am looking to make so friends who are either working on a Manga/comic already or want to create one and are currently learning how to draw to achieve that goal. I really want to learn how to draw and create my own Manga one day and i think it would be awesome to have some friends with the same goals so i could ask them for advice or maybe give advice to them so if you are currently learning on how to draw to make a Manga one day or are already working on one add me and we could chat and ask one another for advice
10096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 7/20/15
That's a great goal, I used to be into drawing and actually was pursuing becoming an animator. But a wife and kids changed all that. I still love Anime but I want to get into the marketing side and media part.
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/20/15
When you say animation do you mean 3D or 2D animation? Because i actually really like 3D animated movies <3
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/20/15
Sounds fun ^,^ I wish I had the time it's a lot of work and effort
70715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/21/15
I currently work on a WebManga as a hobby. It's not very well written and the art is rather inconsistent but I have fun with it lol.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=148782
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

samuraiotaku wrote:

I currently work on a WebManga as a hobby. It's not very well written and the art is rather inconsistent but I have fun with it lol.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=148782


Nice. Keep up the good work
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

long6789 wrote:

That's a great goal, I used to be into drawing and actually was pursuing becoming an animator.


You were? why did you stop?
70715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

danielravits wrote:


samuraiotaku wrote:

I currently work on a WebManga as a hobby. It's not very well written and the art is rather inconsistent but I have fun with it lol.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=148782


Nice. Keep up the good work :)


Thanks! Will do lol
12955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Apple Valley, CA
Offline
Posted 7/22/15
I have a great idea for a manga that I'd like to write, but I can't draw so it'll probably never come to fruition.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 7/22/15
I'd like to.

Only...my work would be too controversial...maybe even for Japanese...
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

I'd like to.

Only...my work would be too controversial...maybe even for Japanese...


What do you mean?
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

OlympianRed wrote:

I have a great idea for a manga that I'd like to write, but I can't draw so it'll probably never come to fruition.


I have drawing skills what so ever xD i been only drawing seriously for about 2 weeks, and my writing sucks ass as well xD But just because of those 2 reasons i wont quit... you cant just be able to make something on your first try you need to put time into learning. If you want to write that story learn how to draw, if you dont want to, try to find an artist to draw for you
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 7/22/15 , edited 7/22/15

danielravits wrote:


Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

I'd like to.

Only...my work would be too controversial...maybe even for Japanese...


What do you mean?


Let's just say its a very brutal deconstruction of the "cute schoolgirls doing cute things" genre.

And they're in elementary school.

I also took inspiration from this guy named SOFTCHARM.
12955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Apple Valley, CA
Offline
Posted 7/22/15

danielravits wrote:


OlympianRed wrote:

I have a great idea for a manga that I'd like to write, but I can't draw so it'll probably never come to fruition.


I have drawing skills what so ever xD i been only drawing seriously for about 2 weeks, and my writing sucks ass as well xD But just because of those 2 reasons i wont quit... you cant just be able to make something on your first try you need to put time into learning. If you want to write that story learn how to draw, if you dont want to, try to find an artist to draw for you :)


That's what I would have to do if I were going to get into manga, because I cannot and probably will never be able to draw. But I can write, and I have some great ideas. Unfortunately, so does everyone else. I actually looked at manga publishers, including western ones like Dark Horse, and people will ABSOLUTELY NOT give you a chance unless you have finished at least one chapter which requires an artist. They don't care about a story, probably because anyone can craft one.

You must be logged in to post.