First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Barnes & Noble Manga Sale
19262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

Holdini wrote:

On BN website I'm trying to get Nisekoi 1-3, volume 3 is listed at 7.79 but when I add it to cart it says 9.99?


The price changes to reflect the sale. Because your getting a volume free they have to adjust the price to the original msrp of the volume. Its just a system thing.
oz100 
18643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
I advise people don't order stuff online from B&N. I ordered Seraph of the End Vol. 3 online from them because I got a gift card and I haven't received it yet. It was supposed to arrive on the 15th. I contacted my post office and they told me to ask B&N. Tried contacting B&N customer service through e-mail but I got an automated response. Will try again tomorrow by having a live chat.

That aside, I did visit one of the stores on Sunday to check out the manga area and get some of the freebies. The section was big and they had a nice variety of manga. I got the freebies and I bought 3 manga because I want to take advantage of the sale. However, I don't think I'm buying from B&N again because of the whole delivery mess (and from reading other complaints I'm not the only one who encountered this problem).

Sorry for posting this kind of late. I was busy doing some other things.
19262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

oz100 wrote:

I advise people don't order stuff online from B&N. I ordered Seraph of the End Vol. 3 online from them because I got a gift card and I haven't received it yet. It was supposed to arrive on the 15th. I contacted my post office and they told me to ask B&N. Tried contacting B&N customer service through e-mail but I got an automated response. Will try again tomorrow by having a live chat.

That aside, I did visit one of the stores on Sunday to check out the manga area and get some of the freebies. The section was big and they had a nice variety of manga. I got the freebies and I bought 3 manga because I want to take advantage of the sale. However, I don't think I'm buying from B&N again because of the whole delivery mess (and from reading other complaints I'm not the only one who encountered this problem).

Sorry for posting this kind of late. I was busy doing some other things.


That's really weird. Ive never had a problem ordering from them. But I also have membership so I get guaranteed delivery dates.
I don't trust anything my post office says, because they have lost a lot of my mail in the past year.
It may have just been a fluke on someones part, but I hope you receive your volume soon!
oz100 
18643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

Coyotess wrote:

That's really weird. Ive never had a problem ordering from them. But I also have membership so I get guaranteed delivery dates.
I don't trust anything my post office says, because they have lost a lot of my mail in the past year.
It may have just been a fluke on someones part, but I hope you receive your volume soon!


I contacted B&N this morning over the phone and they are going to re-send it. I'm hoping it arrives at my house.

On the day the package was supposed to arrive, my family members never saw the delivery truck making a stop at the house. When I first contacted the post office, they claimed that they did delivered it. Then a few days later, the post office admitted that the package might have been lost or stolen. I looked at my order confirmation email and it said the shipping method used for this order is UPS Surepost. From what I've read online its awful.
148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
I bought the whole series of Knights of Sidonia and the new Resident Evil magna from that sale. Such a great deal!
Sogno- 
46386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
one came in by itself but got the other 8 today, very pleased but i wish i'd gotten more library wars... and gangsta since not many vols of that are out yet

17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/1/15

Here's what I picked up! New stuff for me to read



I am quite unimpressed with my Ancient Magus' vol 1 though Not gonna buy from B&N online again. Their shipping blows.


17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/1/15 , edited 8/1/15


I had the same thing with the shipping. 1 of my 6 volumes came from a different state by itself.
27415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Yuba city california
Offline
Posted 8/1/15
They used to do a fine job for me when I used to order online but thanks for the heads up as I now live in an area without a store I was looking to order online but will now wait to visit the store 40 miles away
oz100 
18643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/3/15
Last Monday, I finally got my manga (the first package). It seems like the delivery person found it laying around somewhere. Fortunately, the manga was in very good condition. I can't believe it took 3 weeks to get one manga.

The bad news is that I now have a duplicate of the manga. I couldn't cancel the second package because by the time I received the first package, the second package was already shipped. I contacted customer service on the 31st and they're going to e-mail me a return label. I still haven't got the e-mail yet. I checked the spam section and it isn't there either.
164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/15


Some of the Berserk volumes that I got Love them!
Posted 8/4/15
I only got 3... I'm on a budget.
69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
I couldn't get any no money ): Better luck next time
1483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
Is it still going on? Cause on the homepage it says BUSINESS books now...damn I wanted to get the sao lns...

EDIT: At least nisekoi is only 5 vols behind the original...sao ln is like 11-12 volumes behind...SCREW YOU YEN PRESS
7254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/15

oz100 wrote:


Coyotess wrote:

That's really weird. Ive never had a problem ordering from them. But I also have membership so I get guaranteed delivery dates.
I don't trust anything my post office says, because they have lost a lot of my mail in the past year.
It may have just been a fluke on someones part, but I hope you receive your volume soon!


I contacted B&N this morning over the phone and they are going to re-send it. I'm hoping it arrives at my house.

On the day the package was supposed to arrive, my family members never saw the delivery truck making a stop at the house. When I first contacted the post office, they claimed that they did delivered it. Then a few days later, the post office admitted that the package might have been lost or stolen. I looked at my order confirmation email and it said the shipping method used for this order is UPS Surepost. From what I've read online its awful.


UPS... Don't get me started. I've had them try to deliver things when I'm home, and even though it's clearly marked apartment and door to go to, they go to the wrong one. By the time I notice, they are driving away. Couple years ago it was a laptop. I had to drive an hour north to pick it up after hours as I needed/wanted it that night, and the next day I believe I was going to be away.

It's happened with the all major shippers, however the post office is the worst. We won't even go there when I ordered a 40" LED TV from Walmart and it showed up waiting for us to pick up at the post office... The idea was not having to go out...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.