First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Nicki Minaj comments on the VMAs choices for VOTY And Taylor Swift Takes It Personally
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

jackrabbit92 wrote:


anzn wrote:
Views don't really determine if something's good or not.
Especially on YouTube.

Also Anaconda did too first, and hold onto that record for a long time. I bet another song soon will brake the VEVO record soon & blow Taylors "Original" video out.
Seriously... until Taylor say something about that I ain't gonna shut up about it.



Like I said, I'm not a fan of either nicki or tylor, I don't know how she's more famous than Nicki other then she's been out before Nicki. It's like Kanye was piss at Beck for winning an award and that piss me off because Beck deserved that award. Anaconda was a rip off of an old classic song, too. It's not the first time someone rip off a song even if they paid to take the song and rewrite it into theirs, still it's a rip off. lol It's like that rapper (idk he's name) bought rights to take Modest Mouse beat from one of he's songs. Why he got more views for someone elses work?


She's more famous cuz she's white tbh :/
Also literally nobody even kno who the fuck Beck was so how'd he deserve it?
Honestly if Kanye thinks someone deserved an award, they most likely did deserve the reward. At this point, I'd totally take his word for it. lol
Kanye doesn't even hate him either, he just don't think he deserved album of the year.




And what song was that? Cuz I literally never heard of that til now.
Taylor literally ripped off a whole video though :/

Also if that rapper BOUGHT the rights, why does it matter? It wasn't stolen, and the person he bought it no longer has a right to it anyway.
That's like saying I stole the companies I bought my paint from's art bc I used their paint.

Not to mention like all the Beatles songs were stolen from other songs too.
Prolly why they only got like 3 rewards too lmao.
They're such a mediocre band tbh.

Edit:
Artists & their songs are successful because of the hard work they also put into in getting the song popular & successful in the first place.
The music industry requires you to have good business to be able to make money off your songs, and also get them to be big.
And being good with business, is not easy.
Unless you're Iggy, where all you had to do to get where youre at by dropping out of highschool and being lucky enough to find some rich guy with good connections already in thr industry.
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

andrew3278 wrote:

quite honestly nikki is a trash celb that no one cares about she always has to run her little trash mouth

I really like how your comment contributed to this discussion greatly.
Posted 7/23/15

anzn wrote:

How do they deserve it? Nicki & Beyonce deserve them because they actually worked hard for their fame & make use out if it to get a word out as well.


Are you trying to imply that Taylor didn't work hard for her own fame?


anzn wrote:
You kidding? T-Swift is a terrible remodel. She's the physical entity of white feminism tbh.


Oh yeah, downright terrible. She'll truly taint children with her songs about falling in love and bad breakups... Thing is, musicians like Nicki and Taylor are not meant to be role models for children, they're entertainers, and especially in Nicki's case she is an entertainer for older girls and women. They're not meant to be icons for your kids, the parents should raise their own children instead of relying on entertainers to do it for them.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

Punk_Mela wrote:


As supportive and family friendly as that statement is, I don't believe in handing out participation awards. Go explain to Monet or Picasso why the monkey smearing its feces on the wall is an artist just like them. People love to bring up subjective appreciation like it means anything but always seem to conveniently forget the thousands of hours real artists pour into honing technical ability.


I greatly disagree thousands of punk rock bands have created some of the best music I have ever heard in my life with barely a lick of technical ability. Throbbing Gristle is one of the greatest bands of all time and basically invented the industrial genre and they couldnt play there instruments well from a technical standpoint. Yes is one of the most boring bands of all time to me but from a technical standpoint they can run circles around my favorite bands. Judging art based on technical ability is a shallow view of any form of art. Its the message that the art is trying to convey and how well it conveys it thats important. Would you consider alot of anime art? Cause from an animation standpoint most animes are not very fluid and technically impressive animation wise. People love to bring up technical ability many famous artists like Warhol where considered technically bad and inferior when they first hit the scene.

It also ignores that no one period or school of though had a set standard of "quality" what is impressive to a romanticist would seem silly to a modernist. What is quality art to a realist would be trash to a surrealist.

Also even if we go your way Minaj is from a technical standpoint a pretty skilled rapper.
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15
I think this whole thing is only about race because one of the singers happens to be a racial minority. I'm more on the side that Minaj is making it about her race/size because she can and she can't accept losing or realising that her videos well.. aren't that good.

I'm not saying that Taylor is much better either. I am full of disdain for both of them. I just think this whole thing has been warped into an issue to which it isn't even about. Minaj is sore and Taylor is getting on a soap box. It all seems really pathetic.

Edit: Just to be clear, if it has been made explicit that it was in fact about her race and/or size that's an issue to be tackled and an extremely serious one.
Posted 7/23/15

Charizam wrote:


anzn wrote:

How do they deserve it? Nicki & Beyonce deserve them because they actually worked hard for their fame & make use out if it to get a word out as well.


Are you trying to imply that Taylor didn't work hard for her own fame?


anzn wrote:
You kidding? T-Swift is a terrible remodel. She's the physical entity of white feminism tbh.


Oh yeah, downright terrible. She'll truly taint children with her songs about falling in love and bad breakups... Thing is, musicians like Nicki and Taylor are not meant to be role models for children, they're entertainers, and especially in Nicki's case she is an entertainer for older girls and women. They're not meant to be icons for your kids, the parents should raise their own children instead of relying on entertainers to do it for them.

Since when have I ever said they should be role models for children though???
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

anzn wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:

Really the award should have gone to some undiscovered artist who hasn't slumped to selling sex over music yet. But who really cares about any of this?

Rewards should of gone to the most successful music artist.
Her video was more than that, which is why its talked about a lot.
Also that happened before with that Beck (who?) guy. Literally everyone knows/thinks Beyonce should of won tbh.


Wait Beck who??? Leave. If you don't know who Beck is and or say that he isn't that good of an artist you have little right to judge music.
Posted 7/23/15

Merccer wrote:

I think this whole thing is only about race because one of the singers happens to be a racial minority. I'm more on the side that Minaj is making it about her race/size because she can and she can't accept losing or realising that her videos well.. aren't that good.

I'm not saying that Taylor is much better either. I am full of disdain for both of them. I just think this whole thing has been warped into an issue to which it isn't even about. Minaj is sore and Taylor is getting on a soap box. It all seems really pathetic.

Edit: Just to be clear, if it has been made explicit that it was in fact about her race and/or size that's an issue to be tackled and an extremely serious one.


I agree. People are reading too much into this, I think. It's just two celebrities trying to get attention. And well.. from the look of it, succeeding.
13883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
It's all a big PR stun and people are falling for it. Neither of those ladies has contributed anything of lasting value or substance to anything and both will be forgotten in a few years, so it's all milked for what it's worth right now. Feminism and Racism are just buzz words used to boost that. The existance of this thread is proof that it worked. I'd rather read someone studying the underlying mechanics of the backroom dealings as those would be way more interessting. I tip my head to the managers of both of those artists, there is nothing genuine about this at all.
Posted 7/23/15

_MissTake_ wrote:


Merccer wrote:

I think this whole thing is only about race because one of the singers happens to be a racial minority. I'm more on the side that Minaj is making it about her race/size because she can and she can't accept losing or realising that her videos well.. aren't that good.

I'm not saying that Taylor is much better either. I am full of disdain for both of them. I just think this whole thing has been warped into an issue to which it isn't even about. Minaj is sore and Taylor is getting on a soap box. It all seems really pathetic.

Edit: Just to be clear, if it has been made explicit that it was in fact about her race and/or size that's an issue to be tackled and an extremely serious one.


I agree. People are reading too much into this, I think. It's just two celebrities trying to get attention. And well.. from the look of it, succeeding.

That's not the case but media is insisting on making it seem so.
And the problem with that is them overlooking the point Nicki tried to make.
Nicki & Taylor don't even hate each other or trying to start anything. Taylor deleted her tweets about it so media won't completely turn this as some sort of catfight between two celebs. And Nicki was at least able to made a point, but like I said, is being overlooked by media.
Posted 7/23/15

megahobbit wrote:
Also even if we go your way Minaj is from a technical standpoint a pretty skilled rapper.

She's seen as the best female rapper now, if not just the best rapper in general.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

anzn wrote:

How do they deserve it? Nicki & Beyonce deserve them because they actually worked hard for their fame & make use out if it to get a word out as well.

Also, just bc a song by someone turns out to be inheritally sexual and/or someone sexually empowers themselves shouldn't be a reason to lose respect for someone or overlook things they say we've been thru this lol

You kidding? T-Swift is a terrible remodel. She's the physical entity of white feminism tbh.
She's so selfish and cares about no one but herself, honestly.
She's the one off the rails tbh. Idk how you can say that about Nicki when Taylor did this and is doing NOTHING about what the media is saying about Nicki & the whole thing.
It hurts me so much that Nicki gets so much hate, and has been since the start of her career. She's probably one of the sweetest celebrities ever.
She cares about her fans, and encourages them to do better, be independent, and love themselves.
But nah. She makes songs like Anaconda, and expresses her sexuality, therefore we shouldn't respect her and just hate her and continue to enforce the angry black women stereotype on her.
This is exactly what Nicki has been saying too, and its people like you who uses those in attempts to overshadow & invalidate what she tries to say. :/

1. Are you implying that smaller artists don't work hard?

2. I never said that there is anything inherently wrong with sexual music. Some of my favorite artists tend to be heavily sexual (although usually in a different way). I'm saying that being a whack job will get you treated like a whack job.

3. I'm not a T-Swift fan so I don't care to defend her. However, she seems to be extremely normal and relate-able. Her music tends to be fairly down to earth (with some exceptions) and the way she carries herself feels like she is just a normal person living her own life. Its quite clear to see why she would be looked up to. Also, a lot of more traditional feminism (choice feminism) is largely about being selfish and doing whatever the fuck you want. Modern feminism (hive mind feminism) has strayed from that and chastises choice, but still.

4. I'm not hating on Nicki. I think she is very talented (although I also think she has largely squandered that talent). I do think that she has made herself out to be a silly weirdo and thats cool. However, her ridiculousness is extremely difficult for most people to connect with (especially "skinny bitches") and it shouldn't be difficult to see why she isn't treated the same way as T-Swift by the media. The fact that Nicki is crazy has nothing to do with her skin color.
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15
I have no idea what's going on in those tweets. If Nicki said those things because she didn't won, and if the winner was Taylor, then it is obvious they were directed at Taylor...if that wasn't the case, then Taylor is so self-centered and selfish, someone who thinks everything is about her.

But since I don't watch the rewards thing, don't listen to any of them...I'm out.





anzn wrote:


Not to mention like all the Beatles songs were stolen from other songs too.
Prolly why they only got like 3 rewards too lmao.
They're such a mediocre band tbh.



what 3 awards?



According to the RIAA, the Beatles are the best-selling music artists in the United States, with 178 million certified units. They have had more number-one albums on the British charts and sold more singles in the UK than any other act. In 2008, the group topped Billboard magazine's list of the all-time most successful "Hot 100" artists; as of 2015, they hold the record for most number-one hits on the Hot 100 chart with twenty. They have received ten Grammy Awards, an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and fifteen Ivor Novello Awards. Collectively included in Time magazine's compilation of the twentieth century's 100 most influential people, they are the best-selling band in history, with estimated sales of over 600 million records worldwide.[2][3] The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988, with all four being inducted individually as well from 1994 to 2015.




On top of being an English band, they became the best sellers in USA. They simply stopped making tours and concerts because it always got out of control (fans would faint a lot) and the fact that they managed to sell a lot and become extremely popular without making any tours says a lot about their music. Not all their songs were covers, they did some covers at the start of their career but they also wrote many many original songs like "Something", "While my guitar gently weeps", "Hey Jude", "I Am the Walrus", "Here comes the sun" etc etc etc!!!!!!!

If anyone thinks that the Beatles is mediocre, then I don't want to know what kind of music you listen to *vomits*
Posted 7/23/15

anzn wrote:

That's not the case but media is insisting on making it seem so.
And the problem with that is them overlooking the point Nicki tried to make.
Nicki & Taylor don't even hate each other or trying to start anything. Taylor deleted her tweets about it so media won't completely turn this as some sort of catfight between two celebs. And Nicki was at least able to made a point, but like I said, is being overlooked by media.


I don't see what point she's making, to be honest aside from using her skin color and appearance to claim she's somehow being discriminated against. It looks like you're the one trying to make a point for her. By next year I doubt anyone would remember or even care about who won the award, so why make a big deal of it. It's not like they're denying her the Nobel Prize for something more significant than a video of her shaking her ass. Also, I hardly think this is anything of genuine importance to anyone aside from Nicki herself. You're giving credit to where it's not due here. If Nicki were white, you wouldn't be making the "point" you're trying to make. Everyone would just agree that she's being "salty" about it and blow it off, but because she's not white, it's suddenly about race. Maybe someone in the committee had something personal against her.. or maybe they just thought her video was in poor taste. There are plenty other things that could be the reason for her video not getting the nomination she claims it deserves. To choose one possibility out of all others and make an agenda out of it is just wrong.
Posted 7/23/15

anzn wrote:

She's seen as the best female rapper now, if not just the best rapper in general.


It pains me to read such a comment... Really it does.






First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.