First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
The denial, hate, and fetishization of Bisexuality & Asexuality...
Posted 7/23/15
Yeah I couldn't care less.
20198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/24/15
Lol I'm bisexual; I dont really remember getting any "hate" personally but I do see it on the internet quite a bit. I'm not bisexual for any ones approval and I dont need any ones approval.

I also have alot of fetishes (this is where i get the most hate). I'm a switch (meaning I am both a sadist and a masochist) so I tend to be called alot of names and alot of people tend to label me as a freak.

I also have a fetish for being with a partner who is cross-dressing (An androgynous male or female cross-dressing and being extremely believable is a massive turn on for me because im not expecting to find what I find down below) which is where I tend to hear the typical "fucking faggot" and "why dont you just be with a guy/girl since you like them cross dressing".


I try to be very open with myself in terms of what I tell people im into when asked. I'm not ashamed of myself or my interests but society seems to want me to be.

The LGBT community tends to downplay bisexuality as alot of homosexuals use it as a stepping stone to getting out of the closet.

Some (some of my friends included) first came out as bisexual before coming out as "gay" because its sometimes easier to have something to fall back on when shit hits the fan (Being able to be like, well im more straight than gay; even though you are actually 100% gay). I know its because of fear and such, but the LGBT community tends to downplay what bisexuals and asexuals have to deal with.


I'm not one of those people that are like "Educate everyone about it" but I do think our own community should understand each-others sexuality and help one another overcome the difficulties all of us face. There has been alot of progress in the past few years in the non LGBT community in terms of acceptance but it seems as if the LGBT community itself is actually regressing and beginning to hate each other (such as homosexual men hating femgays and bisexuals).

TLDR: Why cant everyone just get along and not judge each-other for such minor things?
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
None of my business and could care less.
Posted 7/23/15
I, personally, think that people who go out of their way to label themselves / insist on labeling themselves have more problems than what other people think about them.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/29/15

anzn wrote:

I mean I heard asexuals will have sex to please their partners & maybe even themselves. They just don't feel like they need to have sex, is all. I don't think it means they can't find is pleasurable either.


If they enjoy it sexually, then by definition, they can't be asexuals.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
Someone is always gonna find a way to persecute someone else if they want to. Whether its their sexuality, gender, economic status, appearance, intelligence, assholes are always going to try and find something to gain the upper hand with.

I do find it odd that In the LGBT community there is this issue. Frankly it doesn't matter what someone does to pleasure themselves as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I don't understand peoples fascination with others sex lives. . . that is unless your a voyeur in which case. . .
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/29/15

Buckerss wrote:


anzn wrote:

I mean I heard asexuals will have sex to please their partners & maybe even themselves. They just don't feel like they need to have sex, is all. I don't think it means they can't find is pleasurable either.


If they enjoy it sexually, then by definition, they can't be asexuals.

Well sex can be fun imo and ya don't have to hate it/not engage in it to be consider asexual either.
I'm not an asexual so I can't speak for them but that's what I think.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

anzn wrote:

Well sex can be fun imo and ya don't have to hate it/not engage in it to be consider asexual either.
I'm not an asexual so I can't speak for them but that's what I think.


Sure. I'm not saying you have to hate it or not engage in it to be asexual. I'm saying it can't turn you on if you're asexual.
17914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
"You are x sexual? Good for you."
This sums up all of my experience irl. Nobody cares and people are busy with their own stuff.
It's different on the internet, over the years I've seen a lot of straight girls labeling themselves as bisexuals to get attention, so a lot of people are rather annoyed by that all and quick to be dismissive, because it's hard to tell if it's another attention whore or a genuine bisexual person. The internet can be such a lame place. Also I don't remember ever seeing bisexuals fetishized outside of porn and there it's kinda the point. But than again I mostly frequent corners of the web where sexuality doesn't mather, like, uh I don't know, anime fora.
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/31/15

Buckerss wrote:


anzn wrote:

Well sex can be fun imo and ya don't have to hate it/not engage in it to be consider asexual either.
I'm not an asexual so I can't speak for them but that's what I think.


Sure. I'm not saying you have to hate it or not engage in it to be asexual. I'm saying it can't turn you on if you're asexual.


You don't know what asexuality is if you think asexuals can't get turn on.

Are you asexual to say such things?

I'm asexual and while I don't have any sexual attraction towards any gender, I can still fall in love and enjoy sex with my partner.

Asexuality is not celibacy, being asexual doesn't mean you hate/dislike sex and it doesn't mean that when you're having sex you feel nothing and just lay there like a dead fish.

Sex is just not important to us like for the majority of the people and my lack of sexual attraction is what makes me asexual.

I usually fall in love with a smart, kind-hearted people regardless of their looks and gender and that love is not about wanting to have sex with them.

Asexual males can get erect and ejaculate, asexual women can get wet and they both can have orgasms. I think the problem with the confusion here is that feeling sexual desire is not the same as sexual attraction. Asexuals simply lack sexual attraction and don't care for sex too much like this generation does but they can be good lovers, have sex daily, have kids etc etc





6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

Ssomething wrote:

You don't know what asexuality is if you think asexuals can't get turn on.

Are you asexual to say such things?

I'm asexual and while I don't have any sexual attraction towards any gender, I can still fall in love and enjoy sex with my partner.

Asexuality is not celibacy, being asexual doesn't mean you hate/dislike sex and it doesn't mean that when you're having sex you feel nothing and just lay there like a dead fish.

Sex is just not important to us like for the majority of the people and my lack of sexual attraction is what makes me asexual.

I usually fall in love with a smart, kind-hearted people regardless of their looks and gender and that love is not about wanting to have sex with them.

Asexual males can get erect and ejaculate, asexual women can get wet and they both can have orgasms. I think the problem with the confusion here is that feeling sexual desire is not the same as sexual attraction. Asexuals simply lack sexual attraction and don't care for sex too much like this generation does but they can be good lovers, have sex daily, have kids etc etc


I didn't word it very well I guess. Thinking about sex wouldn't make an asexual person aroused is more along the lines of what I actually meant.
Sogno- 
47263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
hate? i am sure there are some people low enough to hate somebody based on their views of themselves, but i think that most just don't give a rip about what someone else classifies themselves as.
544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / CO
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

ZenZaku wrote:

This is basically just people who "Know what's best" telling others how to live properly. It's no different from people with kids telling people without kids and don't want them that they're selfish or that they're missing out on life.


This ^^^ This right here.
27148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/24/15

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Lol I'm bisexual; I dont really remember getting any "hate" personally but I do see it on the internet quite a bit. I'm not bisexual for any ones approval and I dont need any ones approval.

I also have alot of fetishes (this is where i get the most hate). I'm a switch (meaning I am both a sadist and a masochist) so I tend to be called alot of names and alot of people tend to label me as a freak.

I also have a fetish for being with a partner who is cross-dressing (An androgynous male or female cross-dressing and being extremely believable is a massive turn on for me because im not expecting to find what I find down below) which is where I tend to hear the typical "fucking faggot" and "why dont you just be with a guy/girl since you like them cross dressing".


I try to be very open with myself in terms of what I tell people im into when asked. I'm not ashamed of myself or my interests but society seems to want me to be.


I think that's fucking awesome, just so you know. I love your attitude on here and on other topics too, hah.

Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/29/15

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

Lol I'm bisexual; I dont really remember getting any "hate" personally but I do see it on the internet quite a bit. I'm not bisexual for any ones approval and I dont need any ones approval.

I also have alot of fetishes (this is where i get the most hate). I'm a switch (meaning I am both a sadist and a masochist) so I tend to be called alot of names and alot of people tend to label me as a freak.

I also have a fetish for being with a partner who is cross-dressing (An androgynous male or female cross-dressing and being extremely believable is a massive turn on for me because im not expecting to find what I find down below) which is where I tend to hear the typical "fucking faggot" and "why dont you just be with a guy/girl since you like them cross dressing".


I try to be very open with myself in terms of what I tell people im into when asked. I'm not ashamed of myself or my interests but society seems to want me to be.

The LGBT community tends to downplay bisexuality as alot of homosexuals use it as a stepping stone to getting out of the closet.

Some (some of my friends included) first came out as bisexual before coming out as "gay" because its sometimes easier to have something to fall back on when shit hits the fan (Being able to be like, well im more straight than gay; even though you are actually 100% gay). I know its because of fear and such, but the LGBT community tends to downplay what bisexuals and asexuals have to deal with.


I'm not one of those people that are like "Educate everyone about it" but I do think our own community should understand each-others sexuality and help one another overcome the difficulties all of us face. There has been alot of progress in the past few years in the non LGBT community in terms of acceptance but it seems as if the LGBT community itself is actually regressing and beginning to hate each other (such as homosexual men hating femgays and bisexuals).

TLDR: Why cant everyone just get along and not judge each-other for such minor things?

Tbh they always hated each other.
There was always a tons of racism & sexism in the LGBT community. And I still see it pretty often today.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.