First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
The denial, hate, and fetishization of Bisexuality & Asexuality...
41715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/24/15
As long as you guys ain't saying demisexuality is real. Because it isn't.
None of those bullcrap Tumblr sexualites are. They're all preferences.


Bisexuality and Asexuality are real, "Demisexuality" or "GRAYACE!!1" are freakin' PREFERENCES. Get. It. Right.
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 7/24/15 , edited 7/24/15

double-jay wrote:

I'm blaming tumblr for part of the problem. Everyone I've seen mention their sexuality was Bi/Asexual, even if their blog was about cartoons. Those people? Definitely looking for attention


do you know how stupid you sound rn? maybe bloggers feel more comfortable expressing their sexuality online plus you do know that a majority of tumblr people fall on the lgbtqa spectrum so it's not like that's anything new... i fail to see how sexuality correlates with cartoons either lmfao
27122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/24/15 , edited 7/24/15
I am a bisexual man and a furry. A potent mix. I've had crushes on girls and guys, but was always in denial on the fact that I liked guys. I had a crush on my best friend who is a girl for 4 years (all throughout high school (I'm in college now)) until she came out to me that she was a lesbian (and I told her I was bi). What a twist of fate right? I came to accept that I was bisexual last year when I was talking to a really hot football jock that was wearing only a towel after his shower and my friend down there wouldn't go down. Also, I began to question my sexuality before my feelings developed for my best friend. Luckily, I live in California were most people that I have met is generally accepting of the LGBT community. By the way, can somebody tell me all 12 letters of the LGBT spectrum mean? I know the first 6, but the rest I'm confused about.
foovay 
24242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / F / Truth or Conseque...
Offline
Posted 7/24/15 , edited 7/24/15
I am bisexual. When I used to go to lesbian bars and date lesbians I got some hate - some "you haven't met the right one" or "you don't know what you want" and a few "you are just playing at being gay/straight". My favorite has to be "if I ever get a veneral disease I'll know it was from YOU." Right, because only heterosexual sex passes VD. Snort.

Straight women - let's just say I've had a few. Most were just having a little experiment, which is okay as far as that goes as long as it's honest. One flipped out and wanted to marry me - back in the 80s before we were doing that, but that went sour because I wasn't serious, she was, and well... that's just normal relationship stuff.

Straight Men, yeah, men think you are going to immediately bring your girlfriend home to them and have hot threesomes. Yeah, maybe, if my girlfriend is into you and into men. Most men get all weird - like you are bi so you must fuck everything that moves. Yeesh.

In my life it has worked out because I eventually married an awesome man (who is kinda girly), who is turned on by me having other sexual partners whether they come home with me or not so I've had both my freedom and my relationship (which has lasted 25 years so it's pretty good I'd say). We have one rule, and we have both enforced it a time or two - the minute someone else says "i'm gonna take you away from that man/woman" they get dropped. I've had to drop several women for it. They seem to think they are saving me or something. Yeah, right.

And for the guys - one of the hottest threesomes I ever had was when my bisexual bf brought home HIS bf. Same bisexual BF got a lot of the same grief but it seemed like some of the gay guys were really vicious about it, others didn't care. One or two wanted threesomes.

It always struck me as ironic that gays & lesbians, who have themselves often been attacked for their sexuality, turn around and attack bisexuals for theirs. But then when I dated a black girl (I am white) some of her black lesbian friends went ballistic because she dated a white girl. I guess any group, even one that has themselves suffered from prejudice - can still turn around and be prejudiced to others. Doesn't make sense to me but then I have no prejudices or any use for them.

So yeah, what you say is true. Yeah, I don't get it.

Well, one more thing - I don't really go screaming down the street telling everyone I am bi. Most people who are around me any length of time figure that out. Or maybe they don't. I don't think my sexuality is anybody's business unless they are considering having sex with me, or I'm attracted to them. Some people get all radical and stuff their sexuality in everyone's face (applied to any sexuality) and I think that's about as acceptable as say - being a radical Xtian and shoving that in everyone's face. But my point is that if you act like that, then you are going to get some hate back, so there's probably a little of that going on, too.

I can't imagine why anyone would hassle someone for being asexual. How inoffensive is that? No one has to be worried you are going to scare them by hitting on them. And if they are attracted to you in a sexual way, oh well - I'm attracted to people I know I'm never going to get to have sex with either. Stupid to get wound up about it. People are weird.
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/24/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

As long as you guys ain't saying demisexuality is real. Because it isn't.
None of those bullcrap Tumblr sexualites are. They're all preferences.


Bisexuality and Asexuality are real, "Demisexuality" or "GRAYACE!!1" are freakin' PREFERENCES. Get. It. Right.



"Demisexuality is a sexual orientation in which someone feels sexual attraction only to people with whom they have an emotional bond."

Uhm that is possible i wouldn't call myself that but i only feel a sexual attraction to a women if i have an emotional bond with her / dating her.
5205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/28/15

deer wrote:


double-jay wrote:

I'm blaming tumblr for part of the problem. Everyone I've seen mention their sexuality was Bi/Asexual, even if their blog was about cartoons. Those people? Definitely looking for attention


do you know how stupid you sound rn? maybe bloggers feel more comfortable expressing their sexuality online plus you do know that a majority of tumblr people fall on the lgbtqa spectrum so it's not like that's anything new... i fail to see how sexuality correlates with cartoons either lmfao


Okay, sure you can express your sexuality online. I just fail to see how whatever sexuality you have is related to, say, Adventure Time. Unless it's a rule 34 blog or you're trying to find a romantic/sexual partner, your blog does not need to mention your sexuality.
Posted 7/28/15
Asexual
Bisexual
To me it doesn't matter,
you are who you are.

:)

I have respect for both
(Sexually Fluid/Agender here speaking)
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

As long as you guys ain't saying demisexuality is real. Because it isn't.
None of those bullcrap Tumblr sexualites are. They're all preferences.


Bisexuality and Asexuality are real, "Demisexuality" or "GRAYACE!!1" are freakin' PREFERENCES. Get. It. Right.


Demisexuality is actually a sexuality.
Are you say that since I'm Sexually Fluid that
my identity isn't real? A little shallow. Just saying.
33397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 7/28/15
Don't really care, don't hate or have those kinds of fetish.

Only date straight women anyway.
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Greensboro North...
Offline
Posted 7/28/15

double-jay wrote:


deer wrote:


double-jay wrote:

I'm blaming tumblr for part of the problem. Everyone I've seen mention their sexuality was Bi/Asexual, even if their blog was about cartoons. Those people? Definitely looking for attention


do you know how stupid you sound rn? maybe bloggers feel more comfortable expressing their sexuality online plus you do know that a majority of tumblr people fall on the lgbtqa spectrum so it's not like that's anything new... i fail to see how sexuality correlates with cartoons either lmfao


Okay, sure you can express your sexuality online. I just fail to see how whatever sexuality you have is related to, say, Adventure Time. Unless it's a rule 34 blog or you're trying to find a romantic/sexual partner, your blog does not need to mention your sexuality.


Because it is a part of you similar to your age, likes, and place of origin
37164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15
I think it's the result of trying to categorize sexuality. The solution is to recognize sexuality as being fluid. Sexual preference can change and often defies simple labels. We are socially complex creatures, it shouldn't be shocking that sexual behavior is so hard to categorize.
22142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / MI
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
i'm ace!!!! and yeah, god, people tell me I don't exist all the time. and i always get asked "wow, don't you have ANY feelings? don't you want to date someone?" (asexuality and aromantic are not the same thing !!!!). it sucks
42515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 7/28/15
Meh. Do whatever makes you happy. I don't care.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15
I like things and stuff.
19266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/28/15 , edited 7/28/15
There's a fetish for asexuality? I'm somewhat disturbed by that right now. Being asexual has its upsides, though being told I shouldn't exist hurts. A lot. I also hate that people think asexual=prude, too. I am not one, I assure you. *cough*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.