First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Dubstep/EDM songs that you would like to see used in OPs/EDs
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

EDM/dubstep songs are rarely ever used for anime OPs/EDs, and as a fan of the genre it saddens me that they're not used more. There's some exceptions like Brynhildr's first OP, but they're rarely ever used.

So what are some EDM/dubstep songs that you would like to see be used in an anime OP/ED?

For me it'd be.........

OP: Yuna - Lullabies (Adventure Club Remix)

ED: Seven Lions - Nepenthe

33783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Online
Posted 7/23/15
Ghost Assassin for sure.

Since you have that Porter Robinson image, I'd say Flicker, good song.

Hardstyle would be pretty cool too.
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15
I'm really not a fan of most of them but on occasion there are some incredible songs. I really loved its use in the anime Ping Pong. The Hero theme was by far my favourite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62qWI7CpIds
52873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
93197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Eden of the East
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
Believe me, I have a lot of songs I'd use for certain anime OPs and EDs. I know you're asking what songs I'd like to see as OPs or EDs but I'd like to take a different route. If there was one artist right now I'd like to see compose songs for anime OP/EDs, it'd be CruciA. Guy already makes a lot of anime inspired tracks and I think it would be amazing to see them used in anime.

Examples:

CruciA & Defiant - Yagami's Mind
CruciA & Do or Die - Yandere Lovin'
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

BigChocolate wrote:

Ghost Assassin for sure.

Since you have that Porter Robinson image, I'd say Flicker, good song.

Hardstyle would be pretty cool too.


Ghost Assassin would be an awesome choice.

Most of Porter Robinson's songs from Worlds would be a great I think.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

ShawnHacaga wrote:

Believe me, I have a lot of songs I'd use for certain anime OPs and EDs. I know you're asking what songs I'd like to see as OPs or EDs but I'd like to take a different route. If there was one artist right now I'd like to see compose songs for anime OP/EDs, it'd be CruciA. Guy already makes a lot of anime inspired tracks and I think it would be amazing to see them used in anime.

Examples:

CruciA & Defiant - Yagami's Mind
CruciA & Do or Die - Yandere Lovin'


I'd love for dubstep artists to help compose music for animes as well/just have some of their songs used in it! Manly western ones, but anime makers don't seem to use any music from the west in animes unless it's classical music. Maybe it has do with complicated copyrights, but if I heard Pretty Lights, Madeon, etc. being played in an anime I'd be so excited.

The Japanese dubstep artists that they use in animes every now and then, like in Parasyte, I think are very average or just straight up bad. If they could get some of the western artists' songs in there, man, it'd be sweet.

Anyways, I've never heard of that guy before, but I looked at the songs you posted and he's pretty damn good!
46641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
dubstep sucks D:
40321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

Ciros2290 wrote:

dubstep sucks D:


At least in conjunction with anime. Parasyte is proof.

These threads...
27244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15
Some dubstep is alright. Seven Lions is pretty good most of the time. I must agree, though. It doesn't really go with anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDplwu9kH9Y

I guess deep house or trance may work better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6dD-I7kJmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPLf9AWzttE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqVpuv4XJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XajBQKnDbSE
These aren't bad.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

GoldTStar wrote:


Ciros2290 wrote:

dubstep sucks D:


At least in conjunction with anime. Parasyte is proof.

These threads...

What? you talking about Parasyte The Maxim?
40321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

Irishsushi wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


Ciros2290 wrote:

dubstep sucks D:


At least in conjunction with anime. Parasyte is proof.

These threads...

What? you talking about Parasyte The Maxim?


Yup.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/23/15

GoldTStar wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:


Ciros2290 wrote:

dubstep sucks D:


At least in conjunction with anime. Parasyte is proof.

These threads...

What? you talking about Parasyte The Maxim?


Yup.


Parasyte's OP and ED were awesome and If I remember correctly neither were dubstep. I downloaded a bunch of Fear and Loathing''s music after watching Parasyte.
40321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15

Irishsushi wrote:

Parasyte's OP and ED were awesome and If I remember correctly neither were dubstep. I downloaded a bunch of Fear and Loathing''s music after watching Parasyte.


I was referring to the OST in the show that had some dubstep. Anime could do without having dubstep in their OP/ED. And i really like Fear and Loathing, but that OP was not one of their better songs...at all.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
Theres alot more to EDM than just dubstep. Anyway though I would choose Daft Punks discovery but that already exists and is called Intersteller 5555.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.