First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Streams are slow, laggy and buffer all the time...found a workaround.
seapip 
28158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 7/25/15
http://livestreamer.io

Best 3th party program I've ever found, I can finally watch crunchyroll at 1080p in vlc without any buffering, lagg or other problems :D

Somehow the website and app have been really slow for me, the fixes that were proposed by support didn't help (changing and clearing dns...) so I was almost ready to quit my membership but above 3th party solution made my day by finaly making it possible to watch crunchyroll in vlc or any other video player, no buffer limits, no lagg and no jokes :D

I guess the tool works by using the mobile streams or by converting the adobe flash stream data to an another video format, at least I hope it keeps working since I can finaly watch anime without buffering for the first time in my life..
seapip 
28158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
Seems I'm getting timeout errors now...
I'm cancelling my subscription. This is beyond ridiculous I can stream 4k on youtube without any issues with my 120mbps connection, are you guys renting servers at godaddy.com or something...
41370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 7/25/15

seapip wrote:

Seems I'm getting timeout errors now...
I'm cancelling my subscription. This is beyond ridiculous I can stream 4k on youtube without any issues with my 120mbps connection, are you guys renting servers at godaddy.com or something...


Every Sat same pld story ! I can watch like 2 vidoes then it seems like it times out ! Watched 4 shows at Funimation no problems so please dont say it is us!
14990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 7/25/15
Haven't bothered trying to watch anime on cruncyroll for a long time because of it...
35794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / My Chair, OH
Online
Posted 7/25/15
"3th"...

Just thought I'd point that out.

CR's player does need to be improved though. I look forward to the day that it does.
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
If you have Roku or a mobile device or pretty much any means of watching Crunchyroll that isn't the embedded player on the website, I've found that it works a lot better.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle, Washington
Offline
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 7/25/15
everyone must have terrible connection it doesn't matter where I watch it the streams are always flawless and take your drama elsewhere if you're going to cancel your subscription go ahead and do it no one really cares.
41370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

lilYahiko wrote:

everyone must have terrible connection it doesn't matter where I watch it the streams are always flawless and take your drama elsewhere if you're going to cancel your subscription go ahead and do it no one really cares.


We pay to watch and have to suffer I have to put in two or three tickets a week ! Like I said I just watched the Sat shows at Funi woth no problems so why is it different only here ? I can browse other sites watch You Tube with no problems ! So we would have the same problem everywhere!
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/25/15
I barely even watch CR videos on the website anymore. I mainly just use the apps on game consoles and it works great on those. I'm not sure if the apps on the game consoles use a better video player, but I do agree the player on the website is pretty bad. It has all the right features: turning off subtitles, no big play button in the middle of the screen when paused, can switch to other video qualities with ease, remembers where I left off, etc. but it just lags and it can be barely functional at times.

CR should just have an option for a HTML 5 player! I don't understand what's so fucking hard about that. If Funi can do it, they do it too.


FLjerry2011 wrote:

We pay to watch and have to suffer I have to put in two or three tickets a week ! Like I said I just watched the Sat shows at Funi woth no problems so why is it different only here ? I can browse other sites watch You Tube with no problems ! So we would have the same problem everywhere!


See, Funi's player is the opposite of CR's: it has less features, but is a lot more functional and doesn't lag nearly as much.
29767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 10/20/16
Lag when trying to stream anime at 1080p... talk about first world problems...

CR usually works about as well as Youtube on my unbelievably terrible internet service (480p usually works but I tend to keep it on SD because I don't care enough about slightly higher resolution to risk lagginess). Funi was completely unusable for a while, though they seem to have gotten better.

Dunno why it's problematic for some people at resolutions way beyond anything my connection can handle, but technology is fickle and complicated. May have something to do with where you live. And how good your ISP is... if you're in the US, you probably have an outdated and unreliable internet infrastructure, unless you're on google fiber or something.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Online
Posted 7/25/15 , edited 7/25/15
Not White Knight-ing CR but, I prefer to watch anime on its website because if I got lags at least the site doesn't force me to watch the video on pixelated, crappy quality till the internet signal gets better. I do prefer video quality over performance.

It is odd, I have exactly the opposite issue with Funimation x CR comparison... Funi player is horrible as hell, especially since it forces me its watermark down my throat (CR has it but is not 100% of the stream time). Its usability is awful. I mean, an "X" to tell us that is the full-screen button? They have not a clue of common sense there imo. And it lags far more than crunchyroll player. Also, at least to me, I want to turn off subtitles once in a while to read some JP texts in the anime. The ONLY thing i can give to Funi is that it hardly times up, but that is pretty much of it.

Crunchyroll has been DDoS attacked a lot lately making its traffic a little messy, is not an excuse, but also is not an easy issue to solve.

Then again, I had very few issues with CR streaming, hope everyone's issues get solved asap.
13945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

CR should just have an option for a HTML 5 player! I don't understand what's so fucking hard about that. If Funi can do it, they do it too.



This is true. I seem to recall some discussion about this (here on CR) about it. Someone suggested that Flash is part of the licensing, because publishers are afraid. But it's all bullshit because HTML5 has provisions for DRM.

Flash should have died a horrible and loud death years ago and the recent exploits on (and by) The Hacking Team only further illustrate that.
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

lilYahiko wrote:

everyone must have terrible connection it doesn't matter where I watch it the streams are always flawless and take your drama elsewhere if you're going to cancel your subscription go ahead and do it no one really cares.


seapip 
28158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

kotomikun wrote:

Lag when trying to stream anime at 1080p... talk about first world problems...

CR usually works about as well as Youtube on my unbelievably terrible internet service (480p usually works but I tend to keep it on SD because I don't care enough about slightly higher resolution to risk lagginess). Funi was completely unusable for a while, though they seem to have gotten better.

Dunno why it's problematic for some people at resolutions way beyond anything my connection can handle, but technology is fickle and complicated. May have something to do with where you live. And how good your ISP is... if you're in the US, you probably have an outdated and unreliable internet infrastructure, unless you're on google fiber or something.

Did you even read my post? It laggs at any quality even sd(360p)...

I think crunchy is showing EU users the middle finger with a shitty server.
46659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 7/25/15

kdroberts wrote:


lilYahiko wrote:

everyone must have terrible connection it doesn't matter where I watch it the streams are always flawless and take your drama elsewhere if you're going to cancel your subscription go ahead and do it no one really cares.




LOL

I'm surprised people are having problems with the cruncyroll player; for me, it has worked better than any other player I can think of (youtube, twitch, vimeo, etc.).
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.