First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Friendly reminder this is just a hobby
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/27/15
I dont like to preach, but I feel like as a society, and especially in fan groups like what we're all a part of here, fiction trumps reality.

Don't let it.

Go out. Live in the real world. This is just a hobby. Don't spend days, weeks, months cooped up watching anime, or reading manga or playing video games. There's plenty of time for that, but don't let it become life. Let is be a supplement.

Life's too short to waste any day of it. It really seriously is. I don't want to get personal, or depressing, but life and death are a lot closer in relation than you think.

So just a friendly reminder to shut the computer, put down the phone, shut off the console and go live.



xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

17761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
Nah bro, my life is better spent with my nose in a book or an anime, my life is too short to waste on irl crap.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
IRL smells funny.
18767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / London
Online
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
Why you lecturing people how to live their life
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/27/15
I prefer my own private little reality.
F-T-W (FACK THE WURLDDDD)

35090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
Says you. >.> Fiction certainly trumps reality for me, especially since I don't like dealing with other people in most social settings. They just get on my nerves usually. Work is different because I'm usually only dealing with each person for a few minutes and my co-workers for a few hours. That's why I don't mind being out in Outside Garden at the registers in the warmer months because it can give me some alone time while I'm at work. Just me spending quality time with the flowers and plants and being somewhat out in nature. I'm not anti-social, as I take the local city bus and do like to talk to people and get out and do things at times, and hang out with my family and the few friends that I do have, just don't like most of the mainstream social settings that people like to go to. Take it from me, most of the people out there are idiots, and it just annoys me when people act that way. I'd rather get lost in a good anime, show, movie, manga or book, than deal with most of the people out in the World.

That's not to say that I don't get out, especially when the weather is nice and since I take the bus, but I find works of fiction far more interesting than the real world. I don't know, maybe it's because of my religious beliefs and the fact that I can see more than just what's on the surface out there, but I find certain works of fiction, especially ones dealing with fantasy and magic stuff, far more closer to my reality than most things out there in the real World.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15

BlackRose0607 wrote:

Says you. >.> Fiction certainly trumps reality for me, especially since I don't like dealing with other people in most social settings. They just get on my nerves usually. Work is different because I'm usually only dealing with each person for a few minutes and my co-workers for a few hours. That's why I don't mind being out in Outside Garden at the registers in the warmer months because it can give me some alone time while I'm at work. Just me spending quality time with the flowers and plants and being somewhat out in nature. I'm not anti-social, as I take the local city bus and do like to talk to people and get out and do things at times, and hang out with my family and the few friends that I do have, just don't like most of the mainstream social settings that people like to go to. Take it from me, most of the people out there are idiots, and it just annoys me when people act that way. I'd rather get lost in a good anime, show, movie, manga or book, than deal with most of the people out in the World.

That's not to say that I don't get out, especially when the weather is nice and since I take the bus, but I find works of fiction far more interesting than the real world. I don't know, maybe it's because of my religious beliefs and the fact that I can see more than just what's on the surface out there, but I find certain works of fiction, especially ones dealing with fantasy and magic stuff, far more closer to my reality than most things out there in the real World.


If you consider that most 'normal' people basically get drunk as their main form of recreation, then indulging in fiction is actually much more productive. I am like you, I really don't like small talk or gossip. I like to discuss what I am informed about, or spend time getting more informed about it. It's usually seen as normal for people to indulge in viewing sports, but the only difference between sports and fiction in the long run is that sports circulates more money. So there really is no shame in indulging in what you enjoy as long as you aren't hurting other people, and statistically you are less likely to do that discussing a book than you are discussing sports or getting intoxicated.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

xxJing wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Says you. >.> Fiction certainly trumps reality for me, especially since I don't like dealing with other people in most social settings. They just get on my nerves usually. Work is different because I'm usually only dealing with each person for a few minutes and my co-workers for a few hours. That's why I don't mind being out in Outside Garden at the registers in the warmer months because it can give me some alone time while I'm at work. Just me spending quality time with the flowers and plants and being somewhat out in nature. I'm not anti-social, as I take the local city bus and do like to talk to people and get out and do things at times, and hang out with my family and the few friends that I do have, just don't like most of the mainstream social settings that people like to go to. Take it from me, most of the people out there are idiots, and it just annoys me when people act that way. I'd rather get lost in a good anime, show, movie, manga or book, than deal with most of the people out in the World.

That's not to say that I don't get out, especially when the weather is nice and since I take the bus, but I find works of fiction far more interesting than the real world. I don't know, maybe it's because of my religious beliefs and the fact that I can see more than just what's on the surface out there, but I find certain works of fiction, especially ones dealing with fantasy and magic stuff, far more closer to my reality than most things out there in the real World.


If you consider that most 'normal' people basically get drunk as their main form of recreation, then indulging in fiction is actually much more productive. I am like you, I really don't like small talk or gossip. I like to discuss what I am informed about, or spend time getting more informed about it. It's usually seen as normal for people to indulge in viewing sports, but the only difference between sports and fiction in the long run is that sports circulates more money. So there really is no shame in indulging in what you enjoy as long as you aren't hurting other people, and statistically you are less likely to do that discussing a book than you are discussing sports or getting intoxicated.


But but... I get some of my best coding done while drunk! (no seriously...)

I agree though.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/26/15
This is as good as it's gonna get
32288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 7/26/15
You're right, I think I will follow my dream of being a school idol.

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15


I'm getting in my car, and getting my waifu and I'm getting outta here!
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 7/26/15

dotsforlife wrote:


xxJing wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:

Says you. >.> Fiction certainly trumps reality for me, especially since I don't like dealing with other people in most social settings. They just get on my nerves usually. Work is different because I'm usually only dealing with each person for a few minutes and my co-workers for a few hours. That's why I don't mind being out in Outside Garden at the registers in the warmer months because it can give me some alone time while I'm at work. Just me spending quality time with the flowers and plants and being somewhat out in nature. I'm not anti-social, as I take the local city bus and do like to talk to people and get out and do things at times, and hang out with my family and the few friends that I do have, just don't like most of the mainstream social settings that people like to go to. Take it from me, most of the people out there are idiots, and it just annoys me when people act that way. I'd rather get lost in a good anime, show, movie, manga or book, than deal with most of the people out in the World.

That's not to say that I don't get out, especially when the weather is nice and since I take the bus, but I find works of fiction far more interesting than the real world. I don't know, maybe it's because of my religious beliefs and the fact that I can see more than just what's on the surface out there, but I find certain works of fiction, especially ones dealing with fantasy and magic stuff, far more closer to my reality than most things out there in the real World.


If you consider that most 'normal' people basically get drunk as their main form of recreation, then indulging in fiction is actually much more productive. I am like you, I really don't like small talk or gossip. I like to discuss what I am informed about, or spend time getting more informed about it. It's usually seen as normal for people to indulge in viewing sports, but the only difference between sports and fiction in the long run is that sports circulates more money. So there really is no shame in indulging in what you enjoy as long as you aren't hurting other people, and statistically you are less likely to do that discussing a book than you are discussing sports or getting intoxicated.


But but... I get some of my best coding done while drunk!


Coding drunk seems like one of the most boring things to do drunk. I mean you are more likely to get syntax errors than accidentally blow something up.
19120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
The point of life is to find happiness, and if anime is how you find happiness then so be it.
35035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/26/15 , edited 7/26/15
What else am I supposed to do? I'm sealed in a Vault Tec vault for the next several hundred years.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.