First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
How Does it Feel To Be in Love?
Posted 9/10/12
It's a mixed emotion..
Sometimes you feel joy then suddenly you feel sad..
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Rolling.
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
Feels like being hypnotize.
Posted 9/11/12
Feels like another boring Twilight movie.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/11/12
Okay firstly to clarify there is a difference from being in love and being in lust. You know those "butterflies" and magical "sparks" everyone talks about? That isn't love but rather lust. It's your hormones telling all the intimate parts of your body to "get it on."

Now love isn't quite that exciting. You don't get electric sparks, and you don't swoon at the very site of a person. Love is a state of content, you don't need to text your significant other every five seconds but you don't feel right when they aren't there when you go to sleep. Sometimes you get the urge to hug them and other times you fight the urge to hurl them through the window. Love is that moment where you can use the toilet, and they can take a shower at the same time without the slightest bit of embarrassment. It's when you know all of someone and they know all of you and yet despite that they still stand your company. Love isn't glamorous, it isn't exciting, its just filling. Like a warm fresh Krispy Cream Doughnut.
Posted 9/11/12
Yes, love is like a fresh krispy cream doughnut. You took the words right out of my mouth.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/11/12

karmacide wrote:

Yes, love is like a fresh krispy cream doughnut. You took the words right out of my mouth.


What can I say? I know my food wisdoms.
34725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/11/12
"If you have never considered murdering someone, you have never been in love." - Chris Rock.

Because when it is good it is very very good and when it is bad it is horrid. If the good wasn't fantastic it couldn't make up for the horrible. I hate feeling vulnerable but you kinda have to be to let someone into your life at that level of emotional commitment.
18603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Seattle, and ever...
Offline
Posted 9/11/12
I stopped thinking entirely. And felt very vulnerable. Never! Again! lol.
Posted 9/11/12 , edited 9/11/12
It's not so simple.
Some believe in love at first sight-I think this is how deadly love is formed (Take Yuno Gasai for example..)
Then there's the "Just friends, then lovers, then friends again, then lovers etc.-On-off relationship and it usually has it's ups and downs.
Then there's the Friends with Benefits crap-It could (but rarely does) form into love, not just sex. There may not be any love in it. It depends.
And then there's True Love-Some say it only exists in fairy tales. But if you take the time to actually find someone who loves you,instead of just flipping around and switching from one guy/girl to another, It pops up in the strangest of ways.
Gahhh I got a song stuck in my head 'cause of this forum..."It feels like joy (joy) Feels like pain (pain) Feels like sunshine, Feels like rain (dog howl) An excuse for dying (Ahhh) Reason to live (Ahhh) And if you don't know, That's what love is. Love is (dog howl) Love is
Hahaha
To me it feels like a bundle of joy, jealousy, nerve wracking all in one. "You can't have him, He's mine" "No no I just want to know if you like me" "I poured my heart out to you. You just crushed it" "I'm so happy we're together" "Lets hug and make up like we always do" Things like that
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/11/12

StealthWar42 wrote:

I stopped thinking entirely. And felt very vulnerable. Never! Again! lol.


I felt like such a weak, exposed, vulnerable bitch when I was in love. It was almost a horrendous realization I had when it dawned on me how much faith and trust I was putting in someone else and how much control I gave them over my future and happiness.

Kind of prefer being a heartless monster, and burying those emotions someplace cold, hard, and black.
Posted 9/11/12
Forget to breathe, stay away, stay away! Then I run somewhere.
18383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/12
The problem with any kind of love is that eventually people will always start annoying each other. With any other person, you could just stop seeing them and be done with it. You can't just get rid of people you love, though, and that makes everything so difficult.

Despite this, I'd still recommend finding love in your life, not just from a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, but also from close friends, siblings, and other family members (parents are usually a given). People need some sort of deep connection, and I remember reading in my Psychology class that if a young adult moves out and doesn't successfully transfer from being loved by parents to being in another loving relationship (which, lets be honest, most people don't), then they can become emotionally repressed.
37463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Here in canada
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
Pretty sweet
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/12/12

Reptic wrote:

The problem with any kind of love is that eventually people will always start annoying each other. With any other person, you could just stop seeing them and be done with it. You can't just get rid of people you love, though, and that makes everything so difficult.

Despite this, I'd still recommend finding love in your life, not just from a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, but also from close friends, siblings, and other family members (parents are usually a given). People need some sort of deep connection, and I remember reading in my Psychology class that if a young adult moves out and doesn't successfully transfer from being loved by parents to being in another loving relationship (which, lets be honest, most people don't), then they can become emotionally repressed.


Ah I remember that concept in Psychology. Uhhh it's something something 8-stages something... I could go back to my textbook but I'm too lazy.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 9/12/12

Winterfells wrote:


StealthWar42 wrote:

I stopped thinking entirely. And felt very vulnerable. Never! Again! lol.


I felt like such a weak, exposed, vulnerable bitch when I was in love. It was almost a horrendous realization I had when it dawned on me how much faith and trust I was putting in someone else and how much control I gave them over my future and happiness.

Kind of prefer being a heartless monster, and burying those emotions someplace cold, hard, and black.


It's a shame that you have to do that though. I have trust issues also and I'm afraid of getting hurt. But I wouldn't go as far as suppressing all of my feelings until I'm someone completely different.

And there's a difference between being in love and being inspired to become a better person by taking control of your future/having someone support you AND having someone make you change your future in order to remain together/happy.

First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.