First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Perler Beads Sprite Art
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
It started out innocently for me this weekend. I was helping my kids with Perler bead art they were making - a flower, a little gumball machine. Then when about to cleanup, I looked up some patterns quick...then I got ideas. I ended up making for my daughter a Hello Kitty face and my son a green Gameboy. That was Saturday. Sunday I got more adventurous. We made a larger Pokeball (big enough to be a coaster) and I made Hello Kitty full bodied with glasses. The templates are on my new Pinterest board I just made...

I also freehanded a small Pokeball (see pic below).


Anyone out there making Perler bead art? If so, share yours here. Or, if you have ideas - share them too!
2698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/29/15

mdmrn wrote:

It started out innocently for me this weekend. I was helping my kids with Perler bead art they were making - a flower, a little gumball machine. Then when about to cleanup, I looked up some patterns quick...then I got ideas. I ended up making for my daughter a Hello Kitty face and my son a green Gameboy. That was Saturday. Sunday I got more adventurous. We made a larger Pokeball (big enough to be a coaster) and I made Hello Kitty full bodied with glasses. The templates are on my new Pinterest board I just made...

I also freehanded a small Pokeball (see pic below).


Anyone out there making Perler bead art? If so, share yours here. Or, if you have ideas - share them too!


i'm not making bead art but i like the pokeball...anything pokemon i like
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/29/15

iambetterthanyou wrote:



i'm not making bead art but i like the pokeball...anything pokemon i like :)

Well, if you like Pokemon - here's Charmander I made for my son with a template I found online. Oh, and a freehand Gameboy I made.
2698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/29/15

mdmrn wrote:


iambetterthanyou wrote:



i'm not making bead art but i like the pokeball...anything pokemon i like :)

Well, if you like Pokemon - here's Charmander I made for my son with a template I found online. Oh, and a freehand Gameboy I made.


Looks good
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/30/15
Here's some more I've made with my kids - note, these are from templates I found:
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 7/31/15


Here's a new one. It's Kevin from the Minions movie. I included the template in the corner for comparison. I modified the template from a generic minion to make it fit more in line with the character of Kevin from the movie - added the brown eyes, the hair, made him a LOT taller (4 extra total rows), and added in the pocket on the pants. My 6 year old son loved it!
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

Made the red Angry Bird with my son the other day. I think it turned out pretty well.
819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
I do perler art for fun sometimes.

A few examples.
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

Orchiflora wrote:

I do perler art for fun sometimes.

A few examples.

Very cool! Like the Kirby A LOT. My son's a huge Kirby fan, may have to make that one with him soon
819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

mdmrn wrote:


Orchiflora wrote:

I do perler art for fun sometimes.

A few examples.

Very cool! Like the Kirby A LOT. My son's a huge Kirby fan, may have to make that one with him soon


Here's the template just in case!
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

Orchiflora wrote:


mdmrn wrote:


Very cool! Like the Kirby A LOT. My son's a huge Kirby fan, may have to make that one with him soon


Here's the template just in case!

Very cool! Thanks for the template. I've been saving templates I've been finding on my Pinterest board. Adding this one now!
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/6/15

And here's a Red sprite from Pokemon Red
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

Orchiflora wrote:



Here's the template just in case!

Ended up using your template with my son last night and freehand a tiny Kirby to go with him:

I also made a freehand hourglass that my 4 year old daughter requested. Not really sure why.

819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
Glad you and your son used the template. I'm sure it was lots of fun.
25086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Baltimore, MD
Offline
Posted 9/28/15
Two new pieces. Did them both for my brother-in-law for his birthday. He requested Link, I made him the other beneath the spoiler as a surprise


First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.