First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Windows 10
27486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 7/29/15

Rujikin wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Why upgrade to shit when we've already got Windows 8?


That's like moldy shit riddled with maggots


Better than a larger lump of shit with mould, maggots and bits of flesh.
16747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/29/15

saksiss wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


saksiss wrote:

Why upgrade to shit when we've already got Windows 8?


That's like moldy shit riddled with maggots


Better than a larger lump of shit with mould, maggots and bits of flesh.


Whats better is linux mint. It tastes like penguin with a minty flavor.
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 7/29/15 , edited 7/29/15
Avoid Windows 10 unless you want your laptop turning into a $1300 piece of crap. I have to give Microsoft $199.99 to release my computer back to me. I had Windows 7 Professional, upgraded to Windows 10 Home and entered my product key and it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, then when I tried to activate it with the same product key it said it is blocked and directed me to the store to pay them $199.99 for a key...
22023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/29/15 , edited 7/29/15

Khaltazar wrote:

Avoid Windows 10 unless you want your laptop turning into a $1300 piece of crap. I have to give Microsoft $199.99 to release my computer back to me. I had Windows 7 Professional, upgraded to Windows 10 Home and entered my product key and it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, then when I tried to activate it with the same product key it said it is blocked and directed me to the store to pay them $199.99 for a key...


You should just call them instead of paying.
15796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/15
Only reason i got it is because i'm going to be getting a new computer soon and there's not much left on this one since i had to buy a new hard drive after the old one stopped reading (lost a looooot of data) and i like it so far. I had 7 up until now, and i absolutely detested using 8 even though there were a few things that i liked about it. 10 has the best of both worlds and i can't say i'm disappointed.

HOWEVER the company that made my touchpad hasn't updated their drivers yet (i figure that's the problem) because the ONE gesture that i use on it all of the time, the single finger scrolling on the side of the pad, after a full hour of tinkering with settings and looking online STILL DOES NOT WORK. Every other gesture (pinch to zoom, three finger to jump between tabs, etc...) works just fine but one and two finger scrolling do not work. I wouldn't be near as upset about it if i didn't use it that often, but i probably make more use of that one gesture than the rest of my whole keyboard. I hope the problem gets nipped in the bud, but i don't expect a very quick response. I already looked on several forums and have yet to find a solution that works.

Other than the whole touchpad thing, my computer seems to be running fine, if not a little slower but that was expected as it's a bit old. It's also running a bit hotter but not much.

I can't say i'm a huge fan of Windows wanting to default contact sharing so i have those turned off temporarily
Posted 7/29/15
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 7/30/15


It's not bad though!
85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 7/30/15

TeeBuddy2 wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

Avoid Windows 10 unless you want your laptop turning into a $1300 piece of crap. I have to give Microsoft $199.99 to release my computer back to me. I had Windows 7 Professional, upgraded to Windows 10 Home and entered my product key and it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, then when I tried to activate it with the same product key it said it is blocked and directed me to the store to pay them $199.99 for a key...


You should just call them instead of paying.


It magically activated when I opened my laptop today. They really should fix their error messages. The error message I was receiving indicated that my product key was invalid. It should have just said the authentication server timed out. So, learn from my frustration who ever reads this and just give the update at least 24 hours. Make sure to shut your device down for a good couple of hours and you should be fine.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.