First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply what character do you dislike the most ? why do you hate them?
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

Kirino Kousaka is not remotely funny, the only redeeming thing is her design, but she's otherwise an annoying twit that I'd like to obliterate and send to the "characters that deserve to be wiped from all cultural recognition" furnace.

Add to that Haruna Niekawa because I don't want her near my bae and she's also an annoying stupid twit.

Therere a lot of characters who id rather not have exist because their existence is stupid in the first place, tbh, but im not gonna name them all. Though a lot of harem animu girls who're just plain sluts pandering to the pervy male demographic would probs compile most of that list because there are a fair amount of pointless and dumb harems out there.


Don't leave out the completely mentally retarded harem guys. "Oh god, she wants to hold my hand, I must act completely confused!"

Or completely clueless. From what I understand, this is a major problem between the writers and the editors of these harem stories, editors are completely just causing this genre to suck ass. I mean Tenchi Muyo has been making banging noises and going nowhere for 30 years now.



Yeah, what sucks about certain harem guys is that they can have cute designs too but have the personality of freakin' rocks. Like at least give them something with more substance than that. Like I don't know, I'm not saying they have to go full Key Visual Arts here but at least give them a vaguely likable protag who doesn't put me to sleep. Someone who's bodacious and totally horny without being overly horny every once in awhile, I'd rather see that than overly submissive butts. Like give me full fuckimg narcissistic Kanie Seiya for a change, or a snarky deadpan who doesn't give a shit, but don't give me these blushu blushus all the time, I want a confident manly man who can still look like a pretty boy.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

animegirl2222 wrote:



Yeah, what sucks about certain harem guys is that they can have cute designs too but have the personality of freakin' rocks. Like at least give them something with more substance than that. Like I don't know, I'm not saying they have to go full Key Visual Arts here but at least give them a vaguely likable protag who doesn't put me to sleep.


You mean give them at least some basic human skills?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15
Oh yeah, Infinite Stratos

Just, what the hell, how can you mess up harem anime with mecha that badly. I would much rather hit myself in the foot with a hammer than deal with that. And I thought the artwork was great. The plot? It was like eating those packing peanuts they make now.
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:



Yeah, what sucks about certain harem guys is that they can have cute designs too but have the personality of freakin' rocks. Like at least give them something with more substance than that. Like I don't know, I'm not saying they have to go full Key Visual Arts here but at least give them a vaguely likable protag who doesn't put me to sleep.


You mean give them at least some basic human skills?


More confidence
I'd like to see harem guys go full Kanie Seiya every once in a while, like "I GOT THIS, I'M HOT AS FUCK" as supposed to "OH DEAR GOD WHAT DO I DO IN THIS SITUATION"

Or somewhere in between where the guy just knows how to SOMEWHAT handle it, like not totally self indulged but knows what to do.
Of course, that'd just make it "BOOORING" for male viewers who are just in it for the T&A but cmon even as a bisexual I can't fucking take all the forced T&A it's done so wrongly boo booo booooooo

Alternatively it'd be nice to see a guy who pretends to be clueless and dumb to garner the attention but the viewers clearly know his motives. Like the trope Obfuscating Stupidity.

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15

animegirl2222 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:



Yeah, what sucks about certain harem guys is that they can have cute designs too but have the personality of freakin' rocks. Like at least give them something with more substance than that. Like I don't know, I'm not saying they have to go full Key Visual Arts here but at least give them a vaguely likable protag who doesn't put me to sleep.


You mean give them at least some basic human skills?


More confidence
I'd like to see harem guys go full Kanie Seiya every once in a while, like "I GOT THIS, I'M HOT AS FUCK" as supposed to "OH DEAR GOD WHAT DO I DO IN THIS SITUATION"

Or somewhere in between where the guy just knows how to SOMEWHAT handle it, like not totally self indulged but knows what to do.
Of course, that'd just make it "BOOORING" for male viewers who are just in it for the T&A but cmon even as a bisexual I can't fucking take all the forced T&A it's done so wrongly boo booo booooooo







Like really, Ange if they fleshed out her harem that she was going to start forming she'd be the best harem boss of the last 5 years, followed by Basara Tōjō. Which I really might think that harem is lead by Maria more than anyone else.
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:



Yeah, what sucks about certain harem guys is that they can have cute designs too but have the personality of freakin' rocks. Like at least give them something with more substance than that. Like I don't know, I'm not saying they have to go full Key Visual Arts here but at least give them a vaguely likable protag who doesn't put me to sleep.


You mean give them at least some basic human skills?


More confidence
I'd like to see harem guys go full Kanie Seiya every once in a while, like "I GOT THIS, I'M HOT AS FUCK" as supposed to "OH DEAR GOD WHAT DO I DO IN THIS SITUATION"

Or somewhere in between where the guy just knows how to SOMEWHAT handle it, like not totally self indulged but knows what to do.
Of course, that'd just make it "BOOORING" for male viewers who are just in it for the T&A but cmon even as a bisexual I can't fucking take all the forced T&A it's done so wrongly boo booo booooooo







Like really, Ange if they fleshed out her harem that she was going to start forming she'd be the best harem boss of the last 5 years, followed by Basara Tōjō. Which I really might think that harem is lead by Maria more than anyone else.


Kanie is truly a legend tbh. I love characters who know they're the shit. Like even Oikawa from haikyuu is hot damn. Confidence is good in an animu protag and when it's hidden it can be even hotter. Like the guys in DRRR for the most part minus Izaya who I can't stand for other reasons, minus a few others, are really good at hiding what TWISTED people they can be. I live for characters with hidden depths for some reason.
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15
Shirou from Fate/ series (mainly the way he was in 2006 fate route), God of Density. Like calm down and use your mind bro, your harem isn't even that big for you to be this clueless.
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15


Himouto.
How she acts just annoys the shit out of me. I did not even get half way through the first episode.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 8/2/15
We have so many of these thread.
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15
Here's an easy one. Boku no Pico. All of them.
41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/10/15
Makoto Itou from school days is just plain douche.
Girls are none too likable either from that show.
The lot of that show is just… no.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

Here's an easy one. Boku no Pico. All of them.


Not to be confused with Boku Girl, or "Pray a trickster god doesn't look my way while bored."

41695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

Here's an easy one. Boku no Pico. All of them.


Not to be confused with Boku Girl, or "Pray a trickster god doesn't look my way while bored."




Oh god no, nothing compares to the abomination that is Pico.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

We have so many of these thread.


It's a venting thread, so they are always good.

As Randall Graves once said, "This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers"
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

We have so many of these thread.


It's a venting thread, so they are always good.

As Randall Graves once said, "This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers"


We have so many though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.