First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Does America have its own culture?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

anzn wrote:


Real fun fact, those ain't Cow Boys.

White guys in cowboy gear you see in movies? Yeah i know.

Those'r Basques you ignorant git.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

anzn wrote:

White guys in cowboy gear you see in movies? Yeah i know.
What is up with cow boys? Why not call them cow guys? I admit, It doesn't sound as appealing but it's essentially the same thing lol
39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:



You mean cowboys? I liked them better when they were called Vaqueros...

That's more of a Spanish thing then it is an "American" thing. Just another
tradition we added to our own like almost all other things. (That came from
Spain btw)


Those ain't cowboys, those are buckaroos.

Basques get mighty cranky if you call them Vaqueros or Mexicans too. Do it too much and they'll make up a batch of lamb fries, but using your own goods.


Call them what you want the "traditions" of the "culture" still came from the same place(SPAIN)
Like I said its another thing that was adapted into our own...

39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

anzn wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:

Its hard to have your own culture when your a multicultural nations of immigrants.
That's only been around a couple hundred years. If I had to point to one defining
"trait" I'd say our "culture" has is that we are rebellious to authority for better or
worse.

How is it hard to have your own culture


You ask me how hard is it to have your own culture then go right on
to answering my question with your reply to VZ68... almost everything
that "is us" came from somewhere ELSE!....

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

ssjwes1980 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:



You mean cowboys? I liked them better when they were called Vaqueros...

That's more of a Spanish thing then it is an "American" thing. Just another
tradition we added to our own like almost all other things. (That came from
Spain btw)


Those ain't cowboys, those are buckaroos.

Basques get mighty cranky if you call them Vaqueros or Mexicans too. Do it too much and they'll make up a batch of lamb fries, but using your own goods.


Call them what you want the "traditions" of the "culture" still came from the same place(SPAIN)
Like I said its another thing that was adapted into our own...



You mean Basque Country, the place Spain illegally invaded with the help of Nazi Germany?
Posted 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:

Those'r Basques you ignorant git.

"They're not cowboys they're cowboys you ignorant git."

FlyinDumpling wrote:


anzn wrote:

White guys in cowboy gear you see in movies? Yeah i know.
What is up with cow boys? Why not call them cow guys? I admit, It doesn't sound as appealing but it's essentially the same thing lol

No.
CowMEN

End sexism.
17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

anzn wrote:

No.
CowMEN

End sexism.
I'm not getting this joke
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

anzn wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

Those'r Basques you ignorant git.

"They're not cowboys they're cowboys you ignorant git."

FlyinDumpling wrote:


anzn wrote:

White guys in cowboy gear you see in movies? Yeah i know.
What is up with cow boys? Why not call them cow guys? I admit, It doesn't sound as appealing but it's essentially the same thing lol

No.
CowMEN

End sexism.


Can't tell the difference between a buckaroo and a cowboy.

Posted 8/2/15

ssjwes1980 wrote:


anzn wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:

Its hard to have your own culture when your a multicultural nations of immigrants.
That's only been around a couple hundred years. If I had to point to one defining
"trait" I'd say our "culture" has is that we are rebellious to authority for better or
worse.

How is it hard to have your own culture


You ask me how hard is it to have your own culture then go right on
to answering my question with your reply to VZ68... almost everything
that "is us" came from somewhere ELSE!....


Literally every culture has stuff from other cultures that were eventually created to be their own thing.
Like AAVE. It came from English, but now its its own thing part of Black-American culture.

You just gotta be creative and not literally do a cheap copy of another culture.
Posted 8/2/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:


anzn wrote:

No.
CowMEN

End sexism.
I'm not getting this joke

Nobody gets what MRAs/Meninists try to say.


VZ68 wrote:

Can't tell the difference between a buckaroo and a cowboy.


Its literally the same thing.
The only difference between the is that they have a different method of work. That's it.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15

anzn
Literally every culture has stuff from other cultures that were eventually created to be their own thing.


Exactly.

The fact that a certain piece of a culture at one point in time originated from the culture of another area, in no way invalidates the former. The fact that American culture had origins throughout the world does not make American culture any less valid or worthy of considering culture...
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

ssjwes1980 wrote:


anzn wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:

Its hard to have your own culture when your a multicultural nations of immigrants.
That's only been around a couple hundred years. If I had to point to one defining
"trait" I'd say our "culture" has is that we are rebellious to authority for better or
worse.

How is it hard to have your own culture


You ask me how hard is it to have your own culture then go right on
to answering my question with your reply to VZ68... almost everything
that "is us" came from somewhere ELSE!....



Somehow a Italian bicycle company got a hold of our tribe's name as is marketing bicycles in Europe using our name as the model. So things get used all over. Just like how people think Tomahawk is a Indian creation. Even though most Indians wanted to trade FOR them, not trade WITH them.

But you should know this, don't you have Parishes, not Counties where you live? With Constables?
20644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/2/15
I sometimes question the value of appropriating the achievements of your ancestors as your own. I suppose with an objective view you would have a reasonable amount of pride, and humility for the good and bad you are born from. But that is seldom the case, and nationalistic / cultural pride inflates egos causing friction and conflict between "tribes". I think there is also a lot of merit in the ability to have a fresh start, and sever your life from your ancestors. Trying to nurture a contemporary community to serve the present needs is a good idea IMO.
19921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / A town called "Ci...
Offline
Posted 8/2/15 , edited 8/2/15
I think our diversity is our culture.
39038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/2/15

VZ68 wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:


ssjwes1980 wrote:



You mean cowboys? I liked them better when they were called Vaqueros...

That's more of a Spanish thing then it is an "American" thing. Just another
tradition we added to our own like almost all other things. (That came from
Spain btw)


Those ain't cowboys, those are buckaroos.

Basques get mighty cranky if you call them Vaqueros or Mexicans too. Do it too much and they'll make up a batch of lamb fries, but using your own goods.


Call them what you want the "traditions" of the "culture" still came from the same place(SPAIN)
Like I said its another thing that was adapted into our own...



You mean Basque Country, the place Spain illegally invaded with the help of Nazi Germany?


....I said Spain cause not everyone knows what the Iberian peninsula is... I was going to say
Iberia but no one calls it that today so I said SPAIN.......... GTFO with your Nazi crap. History goes
back more then 100 years you know...



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.