First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Chandler officer illegally enters woman's home, arrests her while she is naked.
Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/4/15

namealreadytaken wrote:

the police forced the woman to become naked in front of him.


"become naked"? wasn't she already naked?
5387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/4/15

namealreadytaken wrote:

i disagree. people here in 'Murica also think our police is shit.


Except for one person apparently.


anzn wrote:

The justice system is so dumb.

Rapists do often never get jailed either, so I'm not surprised if a rapist with a badge never would too.


Does that explain why Bill Cosby is still free?

Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/4/15

Jwade316 wrote:

Does that explain why Bill Cosby is still free?

Pretty much :/


Sogno- wrote:

"become naked"? wasn't she already naked?

She had on a towel.

13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/3/15
Not really much that can be done about actually prosecuting this guy, because he didn't so much commit a crime as much as broken procedure. As such, he would face disciplinary action by the precinct, however retiring does get him away from that. Additionally, it is worth acknowledging that the other officer at the scene reported this guy's actions. Good on him

As for the difficulty in prosecuting cases of rape, there are a few reasons for that. Most notably, rape is often a crime that involves two individuals and virtually no evidence. In cases when intercourse can even be proven, it is still one individuals word against the other which makes it incredibly difficult to prosecute. The fact that you need to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt is not a flaw of the justice system, and the only thing that can really be done on this front is support forensic science. There are always new and improved methods of identifying seminal fluid, spermatozoa or other sexual offense related bodily fluids but the research costs money, the manpower to process rape kits costs money and the instruments required to perform these tests costs money...
51435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
The irony in this story is that the officer claimed he responded to a call about abuse, and yet he ended up doing exactly what he claimed he went there to stop.
32324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/3/15
Sounds pretty cliché, almost like it came straight out of an anime.

1003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15 , edited 8/3/15
maybe the cop should brush up on the 4th Amendment first
Posted 8/3/15

sundin13 wrote:
As for the difficulty in prosecuting cases of rape, there are a few reasons for that. Most notably, rape is often a crime that involves two individuals and virtually no evidence. In cases when intercourse can even be proven, it is still one individuals word against the other which makes it incredibly difficult to prosecute. The fact that you need to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt is not a flaw of the justice system, and the only thing that can really be done on this front is support forensic science. There are always new and improved methods of identifying seminal fluid, spermatozoa or other sexual offense related bodily fluids but the research costs money, the manpower to process rape kits costs money and the instruments required to perform these tests costs money...

That is a huge flaw is people gotta doubt you when you say you got raped.
Also it seems like they also never use rape kits so they're wasting money on that, hence why they're probably hesitant in making more of those.
Why make something people won't use? That's makes it even worse, and is probably the reason so many rape cases get dismissed.
If money is the issue here in rape cases, thats probably why.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/15

anzn wrote:


sundin13 wrote:
As for the difficulty in prosecuting cases of rape, there are a few reasons for that. Most notably, rape is often a crime that involves two individuals and virtually no evidence. In cases when intercourse can even be proven, it is still one individuals word against the other which makes it incredibly difficult to prosecute. The fact that you need to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt is not a flaw of the justice system, and the only thing that can really be done on this front is support forensic science. There are always new and improved methods of identifying seminal fluid, spermatozoa or other sexual offense related bodily fluids but the research costs money, the manpower to process rape kits costs money and the instruments required to perform these tests costs money...

That is a huge flaw is people gotta doubt you when you say you got raped.
Also it seems like they also never use rape kits so they're wasting money on that, hence why they're probably hesitant in making more of those.
Why make something people won't use? That's makes it even worse, and is probably the reason so many rape cases get dismissed.
If money is the issue here in rape cases, thats probably why.


Innocent until proven guilty. That is how the courts work for every criminal offense. That is not a flaw.

As for rape kits, the money needs to go towards hiring more workers, because the problem is that there just isn't enough man power to run them. Rape Kits themselves are actually pretty darn cheap, as its really just some swabs and collections of fibers and hairs and whatnot and it is not difficult to get a rape kit taken when you report that you were raped. The cost almost exclusively comes from actually running that kit. That is why research is largely looking into quicker and more efficient and more reliable ways to test for bodily fluids.

However, even with physical evidence, rape cases are difficult to prosecute for the reasons stated above. Due to the nature of the crime, it is difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Physical evidence is typically used to corroborate stories moreso than making cases because it usually is just one person's word against another.
fire3 
19654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / earth
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
im a guy and this disgusted me. there was no call about abuse, the bastard just wanted to go into this woman's house seeing that she was naked and wanted to feel her up.
51435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 4/28/16

VZ68 wrote:

***


Stop bumping old threads.
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 8/28/15 , edited 4/28/16
This guy was the patrol officer at my high school.

He was always being accused of being racist
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.