Post Reply Tower Wars
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/3/15
Anyone play Tower Wars on Steam? I realize it's not the most popular game but I've been playing it rather heavily recently. Curious if anyone else played this little gem.

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
sure, but somethings could have been better balanced.
(where some using the same strategi agian and agian also it works pretty good)
- health drops etc -
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

sure, but somethings could have been better balanced.
(where some using the same strategi agian and agian also it works pretty good)
- health drops etc -


I got it for a buck, and I figured, for a buck this is a damn good game!

Currently stuck on this lvl 9 bastard of a bot, I think my worst map is the lava one. Shit's hard.

Some of the strategies don't always work, sometimes it has to be altered to deal with different things. I like the technology tree for that and the different units. Dealing with knights is way different than zoombots.

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

PrinceJudar wrote: I like the technology tree for that and the different units.

Yeah love how there is 2 things like gold and battle points one for gold mines and another for how far your unit reached.

For those who don't know the game here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGy8yWXlOjQ
528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind the comput...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15
I've heard about this but I'm not too great at tower defense. What makes this different from other tower defense games?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

toostupidtocare wrote:

I've heard about this but I'm not too great at tower defense. What makes this different from other tower defense games?


You assault a bot/human opponent while you're defending your own. It adds an interesting component to it for me.

528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind the comput...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


toostupidtocare wrote:

I've heard about this but I'm not too great at tower defense. What makes this different from other tower defense games?


You assault a bot/human opponent while you're defending your own. It adds an interesting component to it for me.



Human? Is there a multiplayer option? :O
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

toostupidtocare wrote:

Human? Is there a multiplayer option? :O


Yep, sure is! I got the game for a buck on steam sale too, so frickin' worth.
528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind the comput...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


toostupidtocare wrote:

Human? Is there a multiplayer option? :O


Yep, sure is! I got the game for a buck on steam sale too, so frickin' worth.


Damn, I think I'm gonna wait for the next fall sale to pick it up. While we're here, any other games would you recommend? I'm a very casual player.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

toostupidtocare wrote:

Damn, I think I'm gonna wait for the next fall sale to pick it up. While we're here, any other games would you recommend? I'm a very casual player. :P


Let's see, Child of Light is definitely a good casual, and Ori is an amazing game (but I wouldn't play without a controller). The Portal games are always great, even for casuals. Bastion. Torchlight II. Most you can get for dirt cheap on sales as well.
528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind the comput...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15 , edited 8/7/15


I actually picked up Child of Light during the summer sale! Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I'm stoked. I've seen some let's play and the combat system looks pretty unique. I've never heard of Ori, what's that about? I'm just too lazy to look it up orz. My brain's too weak for Portal lol but YASSS Bastion was amazing! I actually have Transistor, I've never played it either.

Why do I just leave games in my library without playing them orz
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15 , edited 8/7/15

toostupidtocare wrote:

I actually picked up Child of Light during the summer sale! Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I'm stoked. I've seen some let's play and the combat system looks pretty unique. I've never heard of Ori, what's that about? I'm just too lazy to look it up orz. My brain's too weak for Portal lol but YASSS Bastion was amazing! I actually have Transistor, I've never played it either.

Why do I just leave games in my library without playing them orz


Nature of steam to buy things and then not play them. Ori and the Blind Forest is a platformer game but the art is incredibly gorgeous and it's got a lovely storyline.

528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / behind the comput...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Nature of steam to buy things and then not play them. Ori and the Blind Forest is a platformer game but the art is incredibly gorgeous and it's got a lovely storyline.



I just looked it up; I've heard of it! I think a Youtuber I watch did a let's play of it.
You must be logged in to post.