First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply ADHD children handcuffed
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

descloud wrote:

I think the school should be ashamed for getting Law Enforcement involved. They are there for life threatening situations, not misbehaving kids. The fact the someone called the authorities makes me think that the School clearly needs to reevaluate who is qualified to handle kids with disabilities.


Well said the sad fact is way to many schools would rather call the cops than have any liability on themselves.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

descloud wrote:

If the Officer didn't restrain the kid with handcuffs, chances are he would have to hold the kid down. Which would have looked much worse compared to handcuffs. The cop is not all knowing, I'm guessing he didn't even find out the kid had ADHD until after his parents came to the school to confirm it.



Well, thanks to HIPAA, the school couldn't tell the police even if they wanted, because that's protected....
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 8/4/15

VZ68 wrote:

The parents should do jailtime for not teaching their 8 year old not to swing at a cop.

If the kid is bad enough to act out in this manner, maybe he shouldn't be in a school with normal kids, since you can't toss the kids outside and have them run 10 laps anymore.


^

Clearly he was having a problem, and educators can't do much then tell them 'calm down please'. Yah know, because we don't allow them to do worth shit anymore except threaten to call the parents that also don't give a shit.

Boohoo he was restrained from physically lashing out at other kids and people. Oh the horror. Traumatized for life.

This generation mannnn.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

The parents should do jailtime for not teaching their 8 year old not to swing at a cop.

If the kid is bad enough to act out in this manner, maybe he shouldn't be in a school with normal kids, since you can't toss the kids outside and have them run 10 laps anymore.


^

Clearly he was having a problem, and educators can't do much then tell them 'calm down please'. Yah know, because we don't allow them to do worth shit anymore except threaten to call the parents that also don't give a shit.

Boohoo he was restrained from physically lashing out at other kids and people. Oh the horror. Traumatized for life.

This generation mannnn.


Teachers are like "it's not my kid, not my job, above my paygrade, fuck it" so the buck gets passed around then when someone steps in, it's OH NOOOOOOOOOO. We better sue someone because our "special needs" child has completely ruined class for 3 hours now, disrupted a whole school and caused a officer to come to school and be the stern parent the child have never had.

I think the parents should be lined up in the town square (middle of the holler) and flogged. 20 lashes each with a seawater soaked cat o nine tails.

I bet Timmy wouldn't fucking act out again if that happened.
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
Oh big fucken deal man. i'm getting so tired of people.

Okay, my bad. Live long and prosper.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

anzn wrote:

You'll get arrested for not being white, able, or cisgendered. :/


Let's keep the bigotry to ourselves please.
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / F / Unknown
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
Dear parents,

Belts aren't just for holding your pants up.
Make sure you stay away from the face, arms, and legs, though.

Love,
Sheoldred

Posted 8/4/15

descloud wrote:

I think the school should be ashamed for getting Law Enforcement involved. They are there for life threatening situations, not misbehaving kids. The fact the someone called the authorities makes me think that the School clearly needs to reevaluate who is qualified to handle kids with disabilities.

Yeaahh.
My friends mother is actually the principal of a special ed school, which kids who at least have extremely severe cases of whatever they have. This one kid who was like 10 apparently hit hit counselor so hard he bled, chased his sister with a kitchen knife at home & even brought it to school one time & did the same thing with his classmates.
They called the police on him though, but was sent to a mental hospital.

Unless something like that ever happens, is when you should call the police on a special needs kid imo if even the special needs teachers couldn't handle him too.

This though, they seemed like they were being kinda lazy.
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

dotsforlife wrote:


anzn wrote:

You'll get arrested for not being white, able, or cisgendered. :/


Let's keep the bigotry to ourselves please.

How is that bigotry

You guys are too sensitive.
13153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
Seems ridiculous to say that the officer shouldn't be allowed to use restraints to control someone who was out of control. This doesn't really seem to be an out of control or over the top reaction, especially if the officer didn't know that the child had ADHD.
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Did this officer know they had ADHD, or did you all just assume he did?

You know what's funny? Kids used to beat each other up, get spanked, get paddled and get belted.

Handcuff them though and now they're traumatized for life.

Jesus, my own mother grabbed me by the arm when I was young, dragged my ass to the shower and forcefully fed me soap because I swore one word as a kid (didn't start swearing again until I was darn 16). Am I traumatized for life? No actually I'm just fine. Sure I was mad at her for days and upset at the time. Was more cautious around her, sure. Also didn't swear for years after. Who the fuck is happy about discipline? Soap doesn't taste good at all.

Like shit, yeah the parent has a right to complain or whatever. National news over this though? Fucking really? ACLU even? God damnnnnnnnnnn.

Damn, this generation is fucking wimpy as shit.



Yes. But I don't think it is their fault. Wimpy children are raised by overprotective parents.

Still, you look at them sometimes and wonder how they don't realize they themselves are behaving.
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

Irishsushi wrote:

ADHD is such a bullshit diagnosis. Your kid doesn't have ADHD he his a normal hyper active little kid. The only reason it seems like its a problem now is because back in the day parents beat their kids into calmness. And if your kid is out of control in public places it isn't a medical disease it means your a bad parent. End rant.


You are wrong. My entire family on my mothers side and my siblings all have ADD and ADHD and I do not. I was the only one among them who was NOT "beaten into calmness".
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

Chigiribow wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:

ADHD is such a bullshit diagnosis. Your kid doesn't have ADHD he his a normal hyper active little kid. The only reason it seems like its a problem now is because back in the day parents beat their kids into calmness. And if your kid is out of control in public places it isn't a medical disease it means your a bad parent. End rant.


You are wrong. My entire family on my mothers side and my siblings all have ADD and ADHD and I do not. I was the only one among them who was NOT "beaten into calmness".


Oh wow I have adhd too or at least that's what they told my parents, but guess what? I was just a hyper active kid and my parents disaplined me to have manners and be calm so I grew out of it. Most kids are labeled ADHD because their parents and teachers don't want to deal with their hyper kid and just want some Ritalin so the they'll shut up for 5 minutes. Don't you find it odd we have a whole generation that is "ADHD?"

On a side note I thought the kid was special needs not ADHD?
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

Irishsushi wrote:


Chigiribow wrote:


Irishsushi wrote:

ADHD is such a bullshit diagnosis. Your kid doesn't have ADHD he his a normal hyper active little kid. The only reason it seems like its a problem now is because back in the day parents beat their kids into calmness. And if your kid is out of control in public places it isn't a medical disease it means your a bad parent. End rant.


You are wrong. My entire family on my mothers side and my siblings all have ADD and ADHD and I do not. I was the only one among them who was NOT "beaten into calmness".


Oh wow I have adhd too or at least that's what they told my parents, but guess what? I was just a hyper active kid and my parents disaplined me to have manners and be calm so I grew out of it. Most kids are labeled ADHD because their parents and teachers don't want to deal with their hyper kid and just want some Ritalin so the they'll shut up for 5 minutes. Don't you find it odd we have a whole generation that is "ADHD?"

On a side note I thought the kid was special needs not ADHD?


I am sure that is the case with some children and adults alike but ADD and ADHD are real conditions that I've witnessed in my siblings and in my own mother. It's a very real thing,
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/15
1) Take your meds and this would not have happened.

2) Out of control kids would take several grown men to subdue. The kid is literally using every single method possible to do damage; flailing, biting, kicking. He may even hurt himself if he isn't stopped.

3) This isn't ADHD. ADHD doesn't make you swing at cops. Likely that the kid has something worse.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.