First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Police Officer Awareness
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

jackrabbit92 wrote:


kiri_ wrote:

No not all cops. :)
Not all cops are good,
Not all cops are bad.


There are good ones out there that people don't want to see, but thankfully there are cameras.

"Thankfully there are cameras"

Yet, people who had been killed on Camera by police still get no justice.
See Eric Gardner


FlyinDumpling wrote:


kiri_ wrote:

No, there isn't anything wrong with saying police brutality because there really are cops
who abuse their powers.
Imagine every time a kid gets abused people said "but not all parents are bad"

Lmfao tru

Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:


kiri_ wrote:

No, there isn't anything wrong with saying police brutality because there really are cops
who abuse their powers.
Imagine every time a kid gets abused people said "but not all parents are bad"


It would be the truth, because not all parents are bad.
It doesn't make it any easier on the child but there
is no sense in making it bigger than it is.

I see so many people who want to dramaticize this issue
just for giggles. Sorry if you feel different, you're completely
entitled to your own beliefs, as am I.


anzn wrote:

"Thankfully there are cameras"

Yet, people who had been killed on Camera by police still get no justice.
See Eric Gardner


She's completely right you know.
Completely right.

Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

ZenZaku wrote:

Dismiss it? No. What this is doing is saying that it's a tough job that isn't easy. It says that despite the shit that goes wrong and the shitty officers in the job, we appreciate what they stand for. It doesn't dismiss wrong doing as they need to follow laws as well.

If you're saying "not all cops are bad!" then yes, you're dismissing/ignoring the issue.
Honestly, police don't have to know you guys appreciate them. They know or just don't care. They're getting paid, they're keeping their jobs. Sure, that's nice. But you don't, or they don't, need to be reminded of that.

But some aren't, and I don't appreciate the fact at all that they're almost never doing anything about them.
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

anzn wrote:

If you're saying "not all cops are bad!" then yes, you're dismissing/ignoring the issue.
Honestly, police don't need to let us know you appreciate them. They know or just don't care. They're getting paid, they're keeping their jobs.

But some aren't, and I don't appreciate the fact at all that they're almost never doing anything about them.


Oh yeah! Go Anzn, preach it girl preach it.


ZenZaku wrote:

Dismiss it? No. What this is doing is saying that it's a tough job that isn't easy. It says that despite the shit that goes wrong and the shitty officers in the job, we appreciate what they stand for. It doesn't dismiss wrong doing as they need to follow laws as well.


I agree with you, just saying.

Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
Pretty sure that poem is actually a diss. Whoever thought a poem could be so straight forward?
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
Cops are just people. Of course they aren't all bad. Some are, some aren't. They aren't ascended beings simply because they are cops. They are people who work a job like everyone else and who need to provide good service if they expect appreciation and to keep their jobs. They get angry, they abuse their privileges, they can show patience and understanding, they can feel emotions, they can slack off, they can feel duty-bound to do something, they can be good people, they can be stubborn.

The problem with so many media-hyped police situations is that nobody knows the whole story. Or at least the public doesn't. The court tries not to punish people without sufficient evidence on the assumption that it's better to let a criminal go free than to punish an innocent person. Of course, this system is also flawed and the judges are just people, too. The whole thing is a mess that can't really be fully untangled.

It's like a giant dam full of holes. The materials for the repairs are arriving too slowly to fix all the holes that are appearing. We have to constantly choose which holes to plug up first, but they're all holes and we lose water all the same when we don't patch them up.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/4/15

kiri_ wrote:

It would be the truth, because not all parents are bad.
It doesn't make it any easier on the child but there
is no sense in making it bigger than it is.

I see so many people who want to dramaticize this issue
just for giggles. Sorry if you feel different, you're completely
entitled to your own beliefs, as am I.
Yes it's quite clear that that is true, but saying it doesn't fix the damages, and it doesn't exmine the issues at hand (rather it deviates from the issue). People respond this way because they believe that stating an issue is somehow detrimental.

If your hand is bleeding, saying "but not everyone is bleeding" doesn't change the fact that someone needs medical help, and maybe an ambulance.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
I just find it amusing how people will act stupid towards a cop and then complain about the less than favorable reactions they receive in kind. Ah, how society has fallen. Is it so hard to just let the guy do what he's paid to do without causing him further issues. I mean, you ARE breaking a law and endangering others. *GASP*

You don't act stupid towards most other people in other professions so no reason to here. Even the bad cops will usually leave you be if you act responsibly.

That being said... Yeah there are some real power tripping ones out there who do some horrible shit. They are the minority though. Of course most people would be led to believe otherwise since you know, most people just follow whatever the media shows and don't pay any real attention or see what they only want to see.

It's not a job I'd want to do. People too cray cray.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15
"There are bad cops."
"Yep and good cops too."
"WOW SHUT UP! THERE ARE BAD COPS STOP DISMISSING THEM AND DROWNING US OUT"
"......................................."

---------------

"There are bad cops."
"Yep and good cops too."
"Yep."
"Cool."
"Why don't I tell you about bad cops and you tell me about good cops?"
"Yay!"

It's so fucking easy that it's apparently hard.

Personally I'd never want to be a cop, it's way too risky. Salute those that do it and do it right.
Posted 8/4/15 , edited 8/4/15

FlyinDumpling wrote:


kiri_ wrote:

It would be the truth, because not all parents are bad.
It doesn't make it any easier on the child but there
is no sense in making it bigger than it is.

I see so many people who want to dramaticize this issue
just for giggles. Sorry if you feel different, you're completely
entitled to your own beliefs, as am I.
Yes it's quite clear that that is true, but saying it doesn't fix the damages, and it doesn't exmine the issues at hand (rather it deviates from the issue). People respond this way because they believe that stating an issue is somehow detrimental.

If your hand is bleeding, saying "but not everyone is bleeding" doesn't change the fact that someone needs medical help, and maybe an ambulance.


So you believe that our opinions on Crunchyroll really matter
to anyone but the other Crunchyroll users? Just wondering.
I highly doubt any of us are going to start a police reform
act on here. Just a thought.


PrinceJudar wrote:

"There are bad cops."
"Yep and good cops too."
"WOW SHUT UP! THERE ARE BAD COPS STOP DISMISSING THEM AND DROWNING US OUT"
"......................................."

---------------

"There are bad cops."
"Yep and good cops too."
"Yep."
"Cool."
"Why don't I tell you about bad cops and you tell me about good cops?"
"Yay!"

It's so fucking easy that it's apparently hard.

Personally I'd never want to be a cop, it's way too risky. Salute those that do it and do it right.


Be careful, we apparently have future lawyers here, don't want to disrespect them.
If they can ever peel themselves away from the computer they will probably be
master rulers of the world so tread lightly.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.