First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Who else is stuck as a NEET.
20871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/5/15
Curious how many people are in the same situation as i am

Can't work due to disability if i do work i can only work 4 hours a day.
Means i make less then $1000 a month (i get $1000 disability payment per month but if i earn $5 , $5 of the disability payment goes down so i need to be making $1000+ to get off it)

$1000 is not enough to live on in my country im screwed without family.


Who else is stuck as a NEET and jobless due to unfortunate circumstances out of there control.

Genuinely curious because i can't be the only one
Posted 8/5/15 , edited 8/5/15
Lots of NEET's choose to be NEET's, not necessarily because they're disabled. I think I'd tear my eyes out if I just sat at home doing hobbies or nothing all day. It sounds fun and would be but eventually you're gonna want to live and do a "normal" life.


4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/5/15
I am a reluctant domestic partner because I couldn't find work after college. I did volunteer work for a while, but now most of the volunteer work available requires a car or some skill that I don't have like being fluent in another language or being able to play an instrument. A lot of young people are unemployed or barely make enough to make ends meet in my area, so it's hard to even get part time work. I'm lucky that my husband has a job to keep us, but I never wanted to be a housewife (thus I am not very good at it).
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

I am a reluctant domestic partner because I couldn't find work after college. I did volunteer work for a while, but now most of the volunteer work available requires a car or some skill that I don't have like being fluent in another language or being able to play an instrument. A lot of young people are unemployed or barely make enough to make ends meet in my area, so it's hard to even get part time work. I'm lucky that my husband has a job to keep us, but I never wanted to be a housewife (thus I am not very good at it).


Maybe you can do anyother study, I don´t know how expensive it is where you live? It would be fun and good for your job prospects!

As for being a good housewife... maybe reading/watching more romance anime/manga might help with getting better? Just try not to copy the strange purple foods exfuming curious purple fumes made by the overzeolous imouto-chan ;-)
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

eragon2890 wrote:


Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

I am a reluctant domestic partner because I couldn't find work after college. I did volunteer work for a while, but now most of the volunteer work available requires a car or some skill that I don't have like being fluent in another language or being able to play an instrument. A lot of young people are unemployed or barely make enough to make ends meet in my area, so it's hard to even get part time work. I'm lucky that my husband has a job to keep us, but I never wanted to be a housewife (thus I am not very good at it).


Maybe you can do anyother study, I don´t know how expensive it is where you live? It would be fun and good for your job prospects!

As for being a good housewife... maybe reading/watching more romance anime/manga might help with getting better? Just try not to copy the strange purple foods exfuming curious purple fumes made by the overzeolous imouto-chan ;-)


We're still paying off my student loan from going to college, even though I picked one that wouldn't put me too far into debt. The fact that it will take us 3-7 years to pay it off is actually pretty good. People who go to University can spend the rest of their life paying off their student debt.

And being a good housewife is about not going insane about the fact that you have to repeat the same jobs over and over all the while watching all your work be undone. That, and there's no such thing as 'going home after work' - you are always there. Always.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

AiYumega wrote:

Lots of NEET's choose to be NEET's, not necessarily because they're disabled. I think I'd tear my eyes out if I just sat at home doing hobbies or nothing all day. It sounds fun and would be but eventually you're gonna want to live and do a "normal" life.


Makes it sound like retirement to me.
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:


eragon2890 wrote:


Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

I am a reluctant domestic partner because I couldn't find work after college. I did volunteer work for a while, but now most of the volunteer work available requires a car or some skill that I don't have like being fluent in another language or being able to play an instrument. A lot of young people are unemployed or barely make enough to make ends meet in my area, so it's hard to even get part time work. I'm lucky that my husband has a job to keep us, but I never wanted to be a housewife (thus I am not very good at it).


Maybe you can do anyother study, I don´t know how expensive it is where you live? It would be fun and good for your job prospects!

As for being a good housewife... maybe reading/watching more romance anime/manga might help with getting better? Just try not to copy the strange purple foods exfuming curious purple fumes made by the overzeolous imouto-chan ;-)


We're still paying off my student loan from going to college, even though I picked one that wouldn't put me too far into debt. The fact that it will take us 3-7 years to pay it off is actually pretty good. People who go to University can spend the rest of their life paying off their student debt.

And being a good housewife is about not going insane about the fact that you have to repeat the same jobs over and over all the while watching all your work be undone. That, and there's no such thing as 'going home after work' - you are always there. Always.


True! On the other hand, that is true for a lot of other jobs as well XD

Or there is stuff like working at a helpdesk, where your fait in humanity will likely go down as an exponential function in the amount of days spend working there...
5037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 8/5/15

Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

I am a reluctant domestic partner because I couldn't find work after college. I did volunteer work for a while, but now most of the volunteer work available requires a car or some skill that I don't have like being fluent in another language or being able to play an instrument. A lot of young people are unemployed or barely make enough to make ends meet in my area, so it's hard to even get part time work. I'm lucky that my husband has a job to keep us, but I never wanted to be a housewife (thus I am not very good at it).


Just out of sheer curiosity, are you a Fine Arts Major? I find that about 90% of Science majors get jobs. I do find that a lot of Fine Arts majors don't get jobs, at least in a fast manor. Leads to a rather blunt, but in my experience, true joke. As a side note, I knew someone with a Masters in Music, another Masters in writing, another in Psychology (the Fine Arts version, the Sciences focuses on the biological reasons and ends up as a "doctor" of sorts (aka can prescribe medications)). Two of them entered University again for Engineering (one Petroleum, my old major, and the other Chemical). The other is in Geology, my current major.

Joke in spoiler as some Fine Arts may take offence, aka easily offended, don't read (as a tit for a tat I will throw one in for the sciences too):

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/5/15
NEET whats that?
Does it mean like You are totaly neet (as in cool?)

Well then I am a NEET, see you later NEET's!
One Punch Mod
85914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

NEET whats that?
Does it mean like You are totaly neet (as in cool?)

Well then I am a NEET, see you later NEET's!



Not in Education, Employment, or Training.

Basically you aren't a student, don't have a job, and aren't in training for a job.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/15
My boy, not by choice but by a cycle of unfortunate circumstance. We're still trying to figure it out. I'm hoping to help him wherever he needs it. He's so damn smart it drives me nuts. It does for him too, we'll figure it out eventually
Posted 8/5/15 , edited 8/5/15
Make a group f some sorts with members posting what they do and did to get to that point and hopefully some good people who live near you can sort you out by helping you into some desirable employment. Al kinds of jobs are created by employers and sometimes you can even have them see the possibilities.
37144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/15
I usually work 7-8 months and take 4-5 months off. Right now I am off work and stuck at home due to an injury. Been sitting on my ass for 2 months and it's driving me nuts. I can't imagine doing "nothing" for much longer than this. I would have to start doing something from home if it was going to stay this way. I'm doing some traveling in about a week though, and once that's done I'll find work for the fall/winter again.

If you have nothing but time might as well spend some of it bettering yourself somehow. Read, learn, take up a new skill/hobby. Just stay productive so your mind doesn't rot. Just because you're not making money doesn't mean you can't be productive.
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

eragon2890 wrote:


Kitahoshi_Hazel wrote:

And being a good housewife is about not going insane about the fact that you have to repeat the same jobs over and over all the while watching all your work be undone. That, and there's no such thing as 'going home after work' - you are always there. Always.


True! On the other hand, that is true for a lot of other jobs as well XD

Or there is stuff like working at a helpdesk, where your fait in humanity will likely go down as an exponential function in the amount of days spend working there...


It's not really the same. When I volunteered at a local breakfast club for children, the children, the dishes, and the kitchen may have been the same every day but feeding those children was extremely rewarding. Seeing those little faces pop over the counter to say thank you for something so simple as pouring them a glass of juice was amazing.

In contrast, washing the same bowl with the same cereal grit on it every single day will eventually lead to madness and outbursts like: "Why don't you ever rinse your cereal bowl??".


Dark_Alma wrote:
Just out of sheer curiosity, are you a Fine Arts Major? I find that about 90% of Science majors get jobs.


If I had studied art, I wouldn't be taking this so badly because art related jobs are tricky. No, I studied to become a legal assistant, in a program with a 98% employment after graduation statistic. If I had found a job, it's likely that I would have been paid more than my husband once I had worked in the field for about ten years. I am even trained to do normal secretarial work.

A lesson for you all: If you go to college/University for something like this, do not stay in the same city! Every year there are more people graduating and competing with you in the job market, making you significantly less valuable. I wasn't a bad student, nor was I bad at office work, I merely do not own a car and therefore am less valuable. I would have moved for work, but it's harder to move when you're married because you can't just go across the country for a job when your partner's job is steady and guaranteed.
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / hell
Offline
Posted 8/7/15
guess that would be me
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.