Post Reply What if Tsugumi Ohba is Takeshi Obata?
102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/15
When I first got into Death Note, I glanced at the creators names. Tsugumi and Takeshi start with and end with the same letter. This also goes for their last names. When I found out Tsugumi was a pen name, I forgot about their name similarities. When I was reading the Death Manga recently, I had an urge to find out who Tsugumi really is. That's when it occurred to me, Tsugumi only wrote two mangas(not including the one collab he did in 2014). Takeshi Obata illistrated both of them. In Bakuman, Moritaka and Takagi combine their names with Miho Azuki to make an alias, or a pen name. In any quotes, I always see Ohba saying deep phrases or riddles. Obata usually goes personal. This may be their coverup so people don't compare their writing styles. I also noticed their handwriting is similar on their Bakuman storyboards. Takeshi consists the kanji "shi", which means Death. Since Ohba wrote wrote Death Note, this is a huge coincidence. I think Obata made the Ohba alias to initially write Death Note. Comment and tell me what you think.
32324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/6/15
My conspiracy senses are tingling.
27354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 8/6/15 , edited 8/6/15
I thought that he was Hiroshi Gamo because of how similar his style was, when he drew Mashiro”s uncle manga, to Tottemo! Lucky man.

xxJing 
37207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 8/6/15
Why the hell would he pretend to be two different people? He could easily have just taken full credit for the mangas.
6015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/6/15 , edited 8/10/15
Hikaru no Go

end thread
2631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/6/15
wait what
102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/15

xxJing wrote:

Why the hell would he pretend to be two different people? He could easily have just taken full credit for the mangas.


Say this is his first work, he thought it might fail, so he used a pen name.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
But that's just a theory.
A manga theory.

Thanks for watching.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/15

qualeshia3 wrote:

But that's just a theory.
A manga theory.

Thanks for watching.


Lol. Reminds me of this Youtube reviewer called Chibi Reviews who made a video stating that the Mangaka of Tokyo Ghoul, Ishida, is also the Mangaka of Hunter x Hunter, Togashi, lol! XD
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15

JuJu26 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

But that's just a theory.
A manga theory.

Thanks for watching.


Lol. Reminds me of this Youtube reviewer called Chibi Reviews who made a video stating that the Mangaka of Tokyo Ghoul, Ishida, is also the Mangaka of Hunter x Hunter, Togashi, lol! XD


Me too.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/15

qualeshia3 wrote:


JuJu26 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

But that's just a theory.
A manga theory.

Thanks for watching.


Lol. Reminds me of this Youtube reviewer called Chibi Reviews who made a video stating that the Mangaka of Tokyo Ghoul, Ishida, is also the Mangaka of Hunter x Hunter, Togashi, lol! XD


Me too.


Of course, I can't forget Game Theory and MatPat!
37970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
What do you mean Tsugumi and Takeshi start and end with same letter? "T" and "I"? Shi doesn't only mean death, it can also mean child. Your theory is full of holes. Unless you know how their names written in kanji, don't make crappy theory.
You must be logged in to post.