Girl who "likes" everything on facebook but never wants to meet/hang out
Posted 8/6/15
I don't understand these girls.

Why do they continue to like every photo I put up, but then they never want to hang out/do stuff. Are there people not worth my time? I do understand we all have priorities and facebook sometimes can just be a time killer riding on a train or lunch break,but I'm not really looking for so called "pen-pals" in the Chicago area. heck nobody beats crunchyroll penpals, you all are the greatest penpals a guy could ever have :D. I am looking for people who want to meet go out and do fun things!


So do I just ask them one last time to meet up for ice cream or something small? Or just throw in the towel? This has happened with a few people hence why I said them. One I met at a pizza parlor, we made small talk a few times over the past few months, but on her free day, she never replied or wanted to do anything.

Any pointers greatly appreciated. Good night!
23493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/7/15 , edited 8/7/15
>2015
>Still using Facebook


If you want to meet a quality girl get off facebook and go to church.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 8/7/15
>OP thinks girls liking his stuff on facebook means they want to hang out with him
>impying people actually want to go outside and do stuff
>not buying a daki and becoming a wise old hermit and being dedicated to your waifu.






I really dont know how to give you a serious reply since I only met girls/friends in person and I only have facebook to keep in touch with friends from abroad and I never use; But I guess, might as well try it one more time and if they dont accept, dont bother with it because your probably wasting your time.
Posted 8/7/15
Well, I know I am not following what I'll say, but I don't feel a pressure to go meet anyone (even as friends) because I have a great group of people to talk to already.... BUT


Get off the internet. If you want to just meet girls, join an activity you're actually interested in. If you join just to meet girls you'll obviously come off as creepy. I'm sure you have other reasons to be on Facebook than girls, but I sense you come off a bit too needy if you are asking them to do stuff just because they liked every one of your pictures.


You should think deeper on why they like the pictures: perhaps they just want their publicity to be elsewhere for even more people to then friend them and feed their ego. That's how I feel most interaction on social media goes. Hell, I can't even run a hobby blog because I know other bloggers want to trade follows.

Anyways, best of luck. Stop having expectations online.
22940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

mikedabomb22n1 wrote:

I don't understand these girls.

Why do they continue to like every photo I put up, but then they never want to hang out/do stuff. Are there people not worth my time? I do understand we all have priorities and facebook sometimes can just be a time killer riding on a train or lunch break,but I'm not really looking for so called "pen-pals" in the Chicago area. heck nobody beats crunchyroll penpals, you all are the greatest penpals a guy could ever have :D. I am looking for people who want to meet go out and do fun things!


So do I just ask them one last time to meet up for ice cream or something small? Or just throw in the towel? This has happened with a few people hence why I said them. One I met at a pizza parlor, we made small talk a few times over the past few months, but on her free day, she never replied or wanted to do anything.

Any pointers greatly appreciated. Good night!


Try getting all the women together at once so they don't feel the pressure of a date like at a party and then set your sites at talking individually one at a time
Posted 8/7/15


thats what i mean. I met her in person month or so ago. We just used facebook to keep in touch, we talked about vacations and i wanted to check out some hot spots she visited... I also did suggested going to a place and she could bring a friend or two. i asked when her next free day was and she replied wednesdsy I asked that to her in person and got a sounds good! but when the day came to meet i received nada. im not one to be pushy so i just wrote once hey are you ready? im heading there now.. but no reply.. so there clearly seems to be no interest, yet the following day once again im getting all these likes on anything i post?

I may take your advice and just defriend these people and use facebook just for true penpals, family, and my fantasy sports friends though. that way there is no more confusion, and i wont worry about this concern Anymore . keep the girls who i want to date in "textland" and away from computer land haha

just didnt make any sense to me thats all.


thanks for the tips/etc. you all rock!
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ganymede
Offline
Posted 8/7/15 , edited 8/7/15

bobsagget wrote:

>2015
>Still using Facebook


If you want to meet a quality girl get off facebook and go to church.


Not here to bash church, 'cause I'm a regular attender, but that's not the answer for everyone. After twelve years of searching for soul-mate material "in church" who shared my values and beliefs, I met the person I'll probably marry next year (if not, then the year after) in the San Francisco airport. My best friend found her husband on OK Cupid. You can't give such a generalized blanket answer for everyone and expect it to work.
Posted 8/7/15 , edited 8/7/15

Kagetron wrote:


bobsagget wrote:

>2015
>Still using Facebook


If you want to meet a quality girl get off facebook and go to church.


Not here to bash church, 'cause I'm a regular attender, but that's not the answer for everyone. After twelve years of searching for soul-mate material "in church" who shared my values and beliefs, I met the person I'll probably marry next year (if not, then the year after) in the San Francisco airport. My best friend found her husband on OK Cupid. You can't give such a generalized blanket answer for everyone and expect it to work.


Not that I am a believer though my sister and mother were quite religious, but ----------------

I believe it is quite common knowledge that plenty of men join a church just to get the "nice girl." I've heard they warn people TO BE wary of fakes. Not saying all guys that join a church do it just to get a girl, but if you aren't going to church strictly because you're a believer, then it is a bit messy.


I 100% approve of letting fate take control of things. You can't force it, OP! Though, I do like the suggestion about throwing a party instead of 1:1 meets.

Last I'll say, I really liked the other perspective on the church issue, so figured I'd add.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ganymede
Offline
Posted 8/7/15
Here's my best attempt to help you understand, if you want my answer:
I know lots of girls who stalk facebook on their smartphones constantly, many of whom follow hundreds of people, so they scroll through their feeds glancing at thousands of posts and liking everything that sets off happy signals in their sensory cortex as they flash by it. This doesn't mean they like you - it means they are paying enough attention to take note that you posted something cool and let you know they thought so.


My best advice to you, from my own perspective as a woman:

If she's someone you met offline or have spent time offline with before:
I personally don't want guys I've met trying to hit me up for ice cream or anything via Facebook, especially if we haven't hung out with a group of friends on multiple occasions and I know I can trust them as an individual. This is even with my own very strict personal guidelines for Facebook, which will be included later. If you have enough class to get my phone number from me in person and use that to communicate and get to know me a little before asking me to hang out, that is way better than getting a message on Facebook asking me out because I liked a bunch of your posts. While I admit I probably put myself out there more than a lot of the shy guys on here, I am very shy too and I really hate spending time with someone I haven't gotten past the "small talk" phase with. It's awkward, uncomfortable, and no fun for either party.

If she's someone you met online or on Facebook and haven't hung out with much before:
You should not to try to use Facebook as a dating website. I don't go on there to get hit on or asked to hang out by guys, because that's not at all what Facebook is for. Any request I receive from someone I don't know IRL, even if he's the cutest or seemingly nicest guy I've ever seen on or off the internet, is immediately declined without further consideration.
If you want to find someone online, you should try going to a website where the people you're trying to find are also trying to find someone like you to hang out with. There are plenty of sites that give you the option of just finding someone to hang out with if you specifying that intent in your profile.
None of the Facebook posts on my profile are visible to anyone who is not on my friends list, neither can you find my pictures or pictures of me except for my profile picture when you look up my name, because the internet is a dangerous place and Facebook is an untrustworthy site for meeting new people. Much like Craig's List, anyone can post anything about themselves that they want and it needn't be true at all. So if she doesn't respond to your final solicitation, don't fault her or feel bad about yourself. Yeah she might be a bitch leading you on by avoiding giving you a straight answer (in which case why would you want to hang out with her? you don't want that issue in a long-term relationship of any kind anyway), but she might also have enough concern for herself and her family/friends that she doesn't want to risk what she cannot prove will not cause her to be assaulted, become enslaved and trafficked, or even bring about her death.
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Ganymede
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

mikedabomb22n1 wrote:



thats what i mean. I met her in person month or so ago. We just used facebook to keep in touch, we talked about vacations and i wanted to check out some hot spots she visited... I also did suggested going to a place and she could bring a friend or two. i asked when her next free day was and she replied wednesdsy I asked that to her in person and got a sounds good! but when the day came to meet i received nada. im not one to be pushy so i just wrote once hey are you ready? im heading there now.. but no reply.. so there clearly seems to be no interest, yet the following day once again im getting all these likes on anything i post?

I may take your advice and just defriend these people and use facebook just for true penpals, family, and my fantasy sports friends though. that way there is no more confusion, and i wont worry about this concern Anymore . keep the girls who i want to date in "textland" and away from computer land haha

just didnt make any sense to me thats all.


thanks for the tips/etc. you all rock!


Sounds like she didn't plan very well, but it was definitely rude for her to stand you up and not at least offer an apology. I would leave it up to her to take the next step in this relationship (be it a friendship or more than that) and if she doesn't take it then you have just avoided a lot of heartache and frustration from dating someone who has no regard for your time. If she does, maybe you and she will get along splendidly and be good friends. Either way, you win.
One Punch Mod
85879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/22/15
Closed because OP nuked.
You must be logged in to post.