First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Full Metal Panic Season 4 coming?
SEKaen 
26131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/15 , edited 8/8/15
I saw this on reddit, but didn't see it here so I thought it would be cool to share. The LN imprint Fantasia Bunko, which publishes lots of LNs like HS DxD, DAL, and FMP is having a Fall Festival on October 24, 2015. It's like this really big celebration they do yearly and I think they announce 1 or 2 new anime for their up and coming LN franchises. Well, one of the main stage events is of none other than FMP! Under the FMP caption it says "SPECIAL CONFERENCE" and I think there will be some kind of special announcement. It looks pretty official and important.



Do you guys think it will be a new season? This looks better than that magazine thing last year that turned out to be a tabletop rpg.

Here's the official site in case you want to look at it: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/fantasia2015/mainstage.php
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 8/8/15
I'd be stoked if a 4th season was done but I'm not getting my hopes up
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 8/8/15
I'd be hyped if that were true.

I don't really believe in KyoAni anymore.
32296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/8/15
It could turn out to be anything really.

I doubt it's an anime continuation of the original LN series; there are tons of LN than ran for 10+ years in the 00's, and most got adaptations half way through the LN's run. Almost all of them were never finished, really Shakugan no Shana is the only thing that comes to mind.

If its anime related, then it could be a spin-off series, since we see a lot of LN spin-off series become anime.

I'm going to say its most likely not anime related.
SEKaen 
26131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
Well with regard to spin-off series there's the FMP Another LN series that has yet to receive an anime. There's 10 novels with the 11th coming out next month. Honestly an anime of that might happen, it's one way of promotion plus it serves the extra effect of introducing newcomers into the FMP franchise and encouraging them to buy the original novels.
Posted 8/9/15
It could be another anime adaption, but it could also be multiple other things like a game, new novel, new manga, or something along those lines. Also, highly doubtful that KyoAni would be animating it again. It will probably be some other studio (if it is an anime) since KyoAni seems to rarely want to do other adaptions now.

It seems rather late to announce a new anime series though, and it doesn't make much sense considering FMP didn't even sell that well. If it got a new season now it'd probably look like what happened to Durarara!! and drop drastically in sales.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15
I hope to dear god it is. I would freak the fuck out if it was, this is my number one series that I want to get continued.

Not getting my hopes up, but itd be nice if was a new adaptation. The rest of the events that happen are fucking awesome, it needs to be adapted!

Though Kyo Ani probably won't animate it again and I really dont want them to do it anyways. Someone like Sunrise would probably be fine, but the rest of Sigma is pretty long so it may succeed 25 episodes...
503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15
It would be great ~fumo !
Posted 8/9/15
I will great if true but has been such a long time. I think it could be a game or movie. ova. Something along those lines.
304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
This show seriously... Is actually has a lot of potential. I mean they could make 5 series, a drama, a romance/comedy, and 2 for the original series and people would still want a sequel to all of them.
14542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I actually preferred Fomoffu to the main series, hopefully we get a second season of that.
SEKaen 
26131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

Charizam wrote:

It could be another anime adaption, but it could also be multiple other things like a game, new novel, new manga, or something along those lines. Also, highly doubtful that KyoAni would be animating it again. It will probably be some other studio (if it is an anime) since KyoAni seems to rarely want to do other adaptions now.


Interestingly enough, Amagi Brilliant Park was never supposed to happen as an anime let alone one that KyoAni was going to do. But Shoji Gatoh, author of ABP and FMP and Yasuhiro Takemoto (director at KyoAni, did all FMP and ABP) are extremely close friends so they were able to pitch the idea to Kadokawa along with Yamaguchi another self-made KyoAni producer to convince Kadokawa to give them funding for ABP. Lo and behold two weeks after airing Kadokawa celebrated the success of the novels sold by ABP. You might remember that CR article about 100k ABP novels sold. The anime also sold well at around a 7k average which is pretty good. If this does turn out to be an anime I can't see anyone BUT KyoAni doing it and ABP is proof that Kadokawa can still invest in Gatoh-Takemoto and make a profit. I have no doubt in any case Gatoh will push and push to have KyoAni do it since he doesn't want anyone else adapting anything FMP related other than his best friend Takemoto.
Posted 8/11/15

SEKaen wrote:

Interestingly enough, Amagi Brilliant Park was never supposed to happen as an anime let alone one that KyoAni was going to do. But Shoji Gatoh, author of ABP and FMP and Yasuhiro Takemoto (director at KyoAni, did all FMP and ABP) are extremely close friends so they were able to pitch the idea to Kadokawa along with Yamaguchi another self-made KyoAni producer to convince Kadokawa to give them funding for ABP. Lo and behold two weeks after airing Kadokawa celebrated the success of the novels sold by ABP. You might remember that CR article about 100k ABP novels sold. The anime also sold well at around a 7k average which is pretty good. If this does turn out to be an anime I can't see anyone BUT KyoAni doing it and ABP is proof that Kadokawa can still invest in Gatoh-Takemoto and make a profit. I have no doubt in any case Gatoh will push and push to have KyoAni do it since he doesn't want anyone else adapting anything FMP related other than his best friend Takemoto.


It had decent enough sales, but it wasn't a very large success disc wise, and KyoAni and the original author even had issues with working together. CR even reported on it. The author wanted stuff put in and KyoAni didn't want to add that stuff and it caused friction. They may not want to work together again, especially since KyoAni is very choosey about their productions. It's also plausible they never wanted to work on it to begin with considering it wasn't their best looking work and they mostly assigned newer animators to the project instead of their better more experienced ones. That and if their own stuff (Free! or Chu2) or stuff that they're on a board for (Hibike! Euphonium) make them more money, it's less likely that they will continue adapting works where they won't even see a good chunk of the profits. We've already seen them take this route already, thus why they've only done one adaption for so many years. They're not shy of denying works either, they did it with Little Busters! and Key after all.

And all that doesn't negate the fact that this series is old as dirt and not nearly as relevant as it used to be. It will more than likely be a case of Durarara!! or the new Haruhi series if it gets animated once again. Not saying it can't get animated, but I'm just doubtful of it after so long and I'm even more doubtful KyoAni will pick it up themselves. Who knows though? They haven't announced any fall or spring shows, they're book in winter though with the High Speed! movie, so maybe they are working on it? Just don't think so since they've been pretty picky with what they pick up.
SEKaen 
26131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

Charizam wrote:


SEKaen wrote:

Interestingly enough, Amagi Brilliant Park was never supposed to happen as an anime let alone one that KyoAni was going to do. But Shoji Gatoh, author of ABP and FMP and Yasuhiro Takemoto (director at KyoAni, did all FMP and ABP) are extremely close friends so they were able to pitch the idea to Kadokawa along with Yamaguchi another self-made KyoAni producer to convince Kadokawa to give them funding for ABP. Lo and behold two weeks after airing Kadokawa celebrated the success of the novels sold by ABP. You might remember that CR article about 100k ABP novels sold. The anime also sold well at around a 7k average which is pretty good. If this does turn out to be an anime I can't see anyone BUT KyoAni doing it and ABP is proof that Kadokawa can still invest in Gatoh-Takemoto and make a profit. I have no doubt in any case Gatoh will push and push to have KyoAni do it since he doesn't want anyone else adapting anything FMP related other than his best friend Takemoto.


It had decent enough sales, but it wasn't a very large success disc wise, and KyoAni and the original author even had issues with working together. CR even reported on it. The author wanted stuff put in and KyoAni didn't want to add that stuff and it caused friction. They may not want to work together again, especially since KyoAni is very choosey about their productions. It's also plausible they never wanted to work on it to begin with considering it wasn't their best looking work and they mostly assigned newer animators to the project instead of their better more experienced ones. That and if their own stuff (Free! or Chu2) or stuff that they're on a board for (Hibike! Euphonium) make them more money, it's less likely that they will continue adapting works where they won't even see a good chunk of the profits. We've already seen them take this route already, thus why they've only done one adaption for so many years. They're not shy of denying works either, they did it with Little Busters! and Key after all.

And all that doesn't negate the fact that this series is old as dirt and not nearly as relevant as it used to be. It will more than likely be a case of Durarara!! or the new Haruhi series if it gets animated once again. Not saying it can't get animated, but I'm just doubtful of it after so long and I'm even more doubtful KyoAni will pick it up themselves. Who knows though? They haven't announced any fall or spring shows, they're book in winter though with the High Speed! movie, so maybe they are working on it? Just don't think so since they've been pretty picky with what they pick up.



Huh interesting. This is the first time I've heard about Gatoh and KyoAni having friction. I know that in an interview he talked about making a lot of changes in the anime adaptation compared to the novels, but never heard anything about those changes causing trouble. Do you mind linking me the article because I'd like to read it. Yeah I agree they're making more money than ever before with their self published adaptations, but it's still possible they might want to do personal projects much like Amagi (although that was rather a "connections" kind of thing) was since you mentioned they're choosy. With regard to sales I'm pretty sure a new FMP wouldn't sell much either, but I'm looking at it from a kind of reboot perspective. Maybe the publishing company might want to get newcomers into the FMP franchise because LNs are a big thing right now (so many getting adapted each season) and the age of the franchise might put some of them off. Plus you've seen a lot of series in recent years get reboots like HxH, FMA, Ushio and Tora this season, etc. This is all of course assuming there's an anime announcement in the first place. Lastly, you mentioned KyoAni hasn't announced any new anime and it looks like they have some kind of event on 10/31 (http://kyoanido-event.com/en/ where they might announce a new title?) which coincidentally is 1 week after this FMP event 10/24. I don't think it implies anything serious, but I found that kind of funny.
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15

SEKaen wrote:


Huh interesting. This is the first time I've heard about Gatoh and KyoAni having friction. I know that in an interview he talked about making a lot of changes in the anime adaptation compared to the novels, but never heard anything about those changes causing trouble. Do you mind linking me the article because I'd like to read it. Yeah I agree they're making more money than ever before with their self published adaptations, but it's still possible they might want to do personal projects much like Amagi (although that was rather a "connections" kind of thing) was since you mentioned they're choosy. With regard to sales I'm pretty sure a new FMP wouldn't sell much either, but I'm looking at it from a kind of reboot perspective. Maybe the publishing company might want to get newcomers into the FMP franchise because LNs are a big thing right now (so many getting adapted each season) and the age of the franchise might put some of them off. Plus you've seen a lot of series in recent years get reboots like HxH, FMA, Ushio and Tora this season, etc. This is all of course assuming there's an anime announcement in the first place. Lastly, you mentioned KyoAni hasn't announced any new anime and it looks like they have some kind of event on 10/31 (http://kyoanido-event.com/en/ where they might announce a new title?) which coincidentally is 1 week after this FMP event 10/24. I don't think it implies anything serious, but I found that kind of funny.


It was only in that supposed instance, and actually, going through searches now, it might not even be true since no one was reporting on it and only comments from people on forums were made. Supposedly it was on his blog, or something, but I have no access to his JP site and I don't think I'd be able to search through it for the text and find it, much less translate it. So that's probably more hear-say than anything.

They didn't seem that happy about Amagi, and they put their weaker animators on the project, so I'm not sure they're that interested in adaptions they're not playing a large part in anymore. KyoAni has changed since what they used to be and now they stand on their own rather than rely on production committees to hire them for adaptions.

It's possible that could be what they want. The original publisher would announce the anime adaption though, not KyoAni, so it doesn't really matter that the events are so close. With that, this quote from Animedia that literally just came out and looks like they may have something with Free! planned for Spring 2016. FMP for fall maybe? But I wouldn't get my hopes up.


“PLEASE BE SURE TO WATCH THE HIGH SPEED! MOVIE BY SPRING.”

- PRODUCER YATA, OF FREE!, IN A QUOTE IN ANIMEDIA


That was brought to attention by sunyshore who was one of the translators who bought the magazine. No official statement though, so we'll just have to see.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.