Created by Dabossman26
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you a feminist?
5517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
I don't know. I don't care for titles at all. People should be treated equally and be given equal rights but if you actually believe men and women are completely equal then you're full of yourself.

On a slight side note: Most Feminists I see nowadays are very rude/arrogant. Why is that?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/9/15

Kazzooey wrote:

I don't know. I don't care for titles at all. People should be treated equally and be given equal rights but if you actually believe men and women are completely the same then you're full of yourself.

On a slight side note: Most Feminists I see nowadays are very rude/arrogant. Why is that?


Fixed

Mostly because they're angry people.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15

LITVoid wrote:


Feminist
noun
a person who supports feminism.

Feminism
noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

How can you be a moderate feminist if this is the definition? Oh ya because there is more to the term "feminist"

I do not agree with a lot of what "feminists" talk about their points are inaccurate. So no I'm not a feminist.
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / Under the Sea
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15
"I'm an (insert other type of person who believes in equal rights here)"
^Isn't that a feminist?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15

capt_bunny wrote:

"I'm an (insert other type of person who believes in equal rights here)"
^Isn't that a feminist?


Egalitarian
6293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 8/9/15

capt_bunny wrote:

"I'm an (insert other type of person who believes in equal rights here)"
^Isn't that a feminist?


Equalitarian, equalist, humanist, etc. Some people don't like to use the feminist label so I made that choice for the other types of people who believe in equality for everyone.
4071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/9/15
Meh i wouldnt say so because modern feminist forget about trans women and WOC half the time so.
Posted 8/9/15
I'm an everydayist taking position on the actual difficulties of my day.
1080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / Under the Sea
Offline
Posted 8/9/15


I wonder why they don't like the feminist label? It does mean the same thing but just different words.



I had no idea there was a word like that. Well, you learn something new!
Posted 8/9/15
Yes.
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15


Feminist
noun
a person who supports feminism.

Feminism
noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

How can you be a moderate feminist if this is the definition? Oh ya because there is more to the term "feminist"

I do not agree with a lot of what "feminists" talk about their points are inaccurate. So no I'm not a feminist.


Because, if you had taken any sociology classes or even looked remotely into feminism, you would know that like any belief or social movement, there are many different types of what we can call feminism, such as conservative feminism, radical feminism, moderate feminism, new wave feminism, marxist feminism, cultural feminism.

In fact this very post that you've responded with is the exact reason that feminism, as a concept gets a rough knock, of course, no thanks to radical feminists and new wave feminists of course. Painting every feminist with the same brush is like painting every atheist, every conservative, every liberal, every communist, every theist with the same brush, pointless, arrogant and stupid.

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15

LITVoid wrote:

Because, if you had taken any sociology classes or even looked remotely into feminism, you would know that like any belief or social movement, there are many different types of what we can call feminism, such as conservative feminism, radical feminism, moderate feminism, new wave feminism, marxist feminism, cultural feminism.

In fact this very post that you've responded with is the exact reason that feminism, as a concept gets a rough knock, of course, no thanks to radical feminists and new wave feminists of course. Painting every feminist with the same brush is like painting every atheist, every conservative, every liberal, every communist, every theist with the same brush, pointless, arrogant and stupid.



<Traditional Feminist

Yep pretty much, there's a lot of backlash and negative feedback on feminism due to the modern feminists (radical/new wave). It's really unfortunate. I don't blame people for taking that perspective though, it's a matter of informing and the media and the classroom does a damn poor job of it.
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
No I'm not. The choice feminism ideology is dying out as we're becoming a fair society which places just as many barriers to men as women - with the last ones slowly dying with the old sexist ideology. These days choice feminism probably can't be considered feminism due to the fact that it can result coincidentally in mostly women doing traditionally female jobs and vice versa simply through choice. Overall I think that we should stop discussing feminist ideology simply because I believe that society is already heading in the right direction and modern feminist actions are actually hurting their argument rather than helping it. For that reason I believe that I'm not a feminist because I believe that our society, in Scotland at least, is already an equal society. That being said, if I was in afganistan or the like then I would be considered a feminist simply because I want free education and voting for all.
Posted 8/10/15
I'm an Equalist.

Posted 8/10/15
Yes. I believe equality for everyone regardless of gender, race, religion etc etc.

What I don't agree with, is how people are going about feminism now. Women are becoming privileged and using this ridiculous victim mentality to get what they want.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.