First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Anyone wanna become an ANIME animator? I do. If U 2, then click here.
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/9/15 , edited 8/9/15
I am an otaku since I was grade 5. Now I am about to start grade 12. With the love in anime, I have decided that I wanna to become an animator and be a part of anime production. as a result, I planned to attend the bachelor of animation program at Sheridan college in Ontario Canada. It is as one of the best animation school at north America. Wondering if there is anyone here who also wanna to become an animator and hope to make anime one day. I have started a blogrecently to record myIf anyone U r welcome to take a look. http://davidwuanimation.blogspot.com/ Also I would like to see your blogs if possible. ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ ( ^∀^)
10619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 8/9/15
working in animation sounds fun, but living with only cup ramen doesn't.
it takes serious dedication not to quit, considering the low wages that animators receive in Japan.
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15

DAVIDWUq wrote:

I am an otaku since I was grade 5. Now I am about to start grade 12. With the love in anime, I have decided that I wanna to become an animator and be a part of anime production. as a result, I planned to attend the bachelor of animation program at Sheridan college in Ontario Canada. It is as one of the best animation school at north America. Wondering if there is anyone here who also wanna to become an animator and hope to make anime one day. I have started a blogrecently to record myIf anyone U r welcome to take a look. http://davidwuanimation.blogspot.com/ Also I would like to see your blogs if possible. ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ ( ^∀^)


You have talent!I wanted to be involved with animation or something related to it. Instead, I began studying architecture, I was always fascinated with buildings and animated backgrounds. I graduated a few years ago and to be honest, its been kind of rough in terms of job market at times. I've never regretted this path for a second though, its one of the few things that could put me in a classroom. If its something you love, go for it. Just make sure you strive to be the best at it .
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

namealreadytaken wrote:

working in animation sounds fun, but living with only cup ramen doesn't.
it takes serious dedication not to quit, considering the low wages that animators receive in Japan.


U always have to start from the bottom at most positions right? I am prepared to start from the bottom.
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15

kamahl01 wrote:


DAVIDWUq wrote:

I am an otaku since I was grade 5. Now I am about to start grade 12. With the love in anime, I have decided that I wanna to become an animator and be a part of anime production. as a result, I planned to attend the bachelor of animation program at Sheridan college in Ontario Canada. It is as one of the best animation school at north America. Wondering if there is anyone here who also wanna to become an animator and hope to make anime one day. I have started a blogrecently to record myIf anyone U r welcome to take a look. http://davidwuanimation.blogspot.com/ Also I would like to see your blogs if possible. ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ ( ^∀^)


You have talent!I wanted to be involved with animation or something related to it. Instead, I began studying architecture, I was always fascinated with buildings and animated backgrounds. I graduated a few years ago and to be honest, its been kind of rough in terms of job market at times. I've never regretted this path for a second though, its one of the few things that could put me in a classroom. If its something you love, go for it. Just make sure you strive to be the best at it .




Thank you!! I will do my best!
9370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Wow you are really good. Keep up the hard work. Shoot for the stars!
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

bob132789 wrote:

Wow you are really good. Keep up the hard work. Shoot for the stars!


Thanks!
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
Are you a GUP and WOT fan M8?
3556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
just flicked through some of what was on your front page and there's some genuine skill there. I haven't drawn anything I'd like to show in years and I'm terrible, I'm looking at some websites for basic skills through, and notice I didn't say talent - most of the websites mention talent as something someone can do, but won't work hard at. as I'm going to take art more seriously now I did offer my brother a future job if it ever becomes a marketable skill, I'll be hysterical in work tommorrow! I'd like to ask what you're actually thinking of doing, i'm assuming if I did some research I'd find the japanese have the lowest pay for their work, and it's slightly better in the west. It'd hardly pay the rent but I'd rather work that I have more creativity and more control in then my crappy job. keep at it, and keep your eye on the industry!
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

TheHighlarksEcho wrote:

Are you a GUP and WOT fan M8?


I am both!!!
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

omlettespammer wrote:

just flicked through some of what was on your front page and there's some genuine skill there. I haven't drawn anything I'd like to show in years and I'm terrible, I'm looking at some websites for basic skills through, and notice I didn't say talent - most of the websites mention talent as something someone can do, but won't work hard at. as I'm going to take art more seriously now I did offer my brother a future job if it ever becomes a marketable skill, I'll be hysterical in work tommorrow! I'd like to ask what you're actually thinking of doing, i'm assuming if I did some research I'd find the japanese have the lowest pay for their work, and it's slightly better in the west. It'd hardly pay the rent but I'd rather work that I have more creativity and more control in then my crappy job. keep at it, and keep your eye on the industry!


Thank U, omlettespammer ! I just start to take art seriously a couple month ago. So I am far from good enough to be accepted into the program I wanna to be in. Talent only helps 1%, Rest 99% is hard work! That's my understanding. My dream job right now is anime director, if possible just like Miyazaki Sensei! I knew it is not easy, especially when I have to go to a foreign country. I donna really care about wage thing, as long as I have just enough to live and go to work the next day. And good luck on ur work!
11012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
Its great that you can draw that tank by hand, their are necessary visualization skills that you will need to learn. In terms of ease and time saving, 3d modeling programs and digital art will save you a massive amount of time. also, I was someone who was skeptical about computer drawing with a stylus pen, I thought things would look too standard/generic. In using a wacom intuos on adobe illustrator, I can see that anyone can draw with a style that is their on, wether it be digital or by hand.
1474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Capital Craze
Offline
Posted 8/13/15
As someone who partly knows the animation industry (given that most of One Piece were drawn in our country), anime takes a looooot of patience. Every second has more than 10 unique frames, the in-between animation takes more than 20. If something is off even by one frame, you have to do it again. It's tiring to repeat your drawing over and over and over again. Plus, the wage is suuuuper low. But that's for anime.

However, given ALL the hardwork, the passion and pleasure of making something to be loved and watched by others is really worth it. You've got potential! ^_^ Keep drawing, practicing and transform your imagination to amazing pieces of art Someday, you may land to an animation company!
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/15/15

kamahl01 wrote:

Its great that you can draw that tank by hand, their are necessary visualization skills that you will need to learn. In terms of ease and time saving, 3d modeling programs and digital art will save you a massive amount of time. also, I was someone who was skeptical about computer drawing with a stylus pen, I thought things would look too standard/generic. In using a wacom intuos on adobe illustrator, I can see that anyone can draw with a style that is their on, wether it be digital or by hand.


Thanks again! But I personaly think it is very hard to create your own style, especially when someone is still a beginner.
7145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/15/15

sevenpocky wrote:

As someone who partly knows the animation industry (given that most of One Piece were drawn in our country), anime takes a looooot of patience. Every second has more than 10 unique frames, the in-between animation takes more than 20. If something is off even by one frame, you have to do it again. It's tiring to repeat your drawing over and over and over again. Plus, the wage is suuuuper low. But that's for anime.

However, given ALL the hardwork, the passion and pleasure of making something to be loved and watched by others is really worth it. You've got potential! ^_^ Keep drawing, practicing and transform your imagination to amazing pieces of art Someday, you may land to an animation company!


Thank you for ur comment sevenpocky! I will follow my dream!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.