First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
SHIMONETA to be censored ??
42544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I kinda like how people are missing the to be ? part I just reposted gave my IMO

BTW read about the kid's shows too how stupid and nit picking people are !


The second ending sequence for the 2015 PriPara anime included scenes of girls at the beach in bathing suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsJVCnWeXQg

Characters from the popular children's anime Chibi Maruko-chan appeared in a commercial to advertise "Chibi Maruko-chan Scratch" lottery tickets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9izQouPwI


See all @

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-10/bpo-watchdog-group-receives-complaints-about-anime-content/.91512
2668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
As much as I like it, I really think Shimoneta is absolutely not meant to be watched on the TV. If at all, I'd say a very late night slot. There's no way you can watch this show next to another human being and not feel awkward, MUCH less a family member or something like that.

I'm honestly not understanding how the censored/uncensored versions make any difference, but I think properly doing that would be the obvious solution.
503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I can picture the parents phoning watchdogs to complain about the sexiness in Shimoneta...
... while the kids are watching 2girls1cup for the lulz...
5733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Palatine, Illinois
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15


Funimation has censored most of the visuals. They use stickers to censor it, once again are you on the right site?
2135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I think that you very much SHOULD be able to watch a show like Shimoneta with others around. The fact that it makes you uncomfortable with others shows just how fucked up and censored our society is. The fact that most cultures (mine included) wouldn't air it speaks to how overly censored everything is (most especially sexual things). There is no reason people shouldn't be able to openly laugh about sexual humor.
7533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
Ugh, not this again...

-Or rather, it's aired late at night for a reason, you know...


42186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / edge city
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
So, they're censoring something that's aired late at night?
When no kids should be up anyway?
Japan, have you no shame? You're the ones who make this stuff if you think it's too offensive for TV why make it in the first place, to breach boundaries, and why even approve it, network execs, if you're just going to censor it?
6779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
This seems like the extreme side of the scale opposite the people that think anything goes (which is just as bad) -sigh- I stick to my middle-ground position, which imo is what the show is trying to push people towards.

That being said, I wouldn't use the descriptor 'mature' to describe what I saw of this show much in the same way I wouldn't call Monster Musume or Student Council 'mature', rather 'adult' or 'explicit' instead since sex jokes or nudity =/= 'mature'. Not insulting it just pointing out that it shouldn't be put in that category with Psycho Pass, GitS, Black Lagoon, etc which are actually 'mature'.
49421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
You ever wonder if this an promotional campaign to draw attention to the show?
61450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

FLjerry2011 wrote:
FUNIMATION

I am just paasing it on it's a quote please read eveything .

BTW they were talking about the visuals not the words !


The visuals are censored outside of the AT-X airing already, though. So, they want even more censorship on top of the censorship?
7166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / HTX
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I don't mind if they ban the other anime, but please don't ban Shimoneta.

Progressive Socialism, It's happening. Just like Shimoneta warned us.

I warned y'all but you didn't listen.
It's too late. It's Over. It hasn't even begun. There's no turning back.
28219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
Shimoneta gets complaints but High School DxD and Shinmai Maou no Testament didn't receive any? This is perverted but at least i haven't seen a single breast yet.. even the unedited version didn't show any nipples or anything and those other two shows above have nothing but sexual situations and nudity. So, I guess talking about sex in Japan is worse than showing it.
6779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

You ever wonder if this an promotional campaign to draw attention to the show?


Thinking on this gotta say that would be genius
3500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

Allonan wrote:

Shimoneta gets complaints but High School DxD and Shinmai Maou no Testament didn't receive any? This is perverted but at least i haven't seen a single breast yet.. even the unedited version didn't show any nipples or anything and those other two shows above have nothing but sexual situations and nudity. So, I guess talking about sex in Japan is worse than showing it.


I main guess is that this watchdog group figures that any parent is smart enough to prevent kids from watching "High School DxD". "Shimoneta" seems like a different case altogether. Despite the fact that its a late night anime, it could still be something that kids could come across by accident and get caught by their parents.
28219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

rabbitofcaerbannog wrote:


Allonan wrote:

Shimoneta gets complaints but High School DxD and Shinmai Maou no Testament didn't receive any? This is perverted but at least i haven't seen a single breast yet.. even the unedited version didn't show any nipples or anything and those other two shows above have nothing but sexual situations and nudity. So, I guess talking about sex in Japan is worse than showing it.


I main guess is that this watchdog group figures that any parent is smart enough to prevent kids from watching "High School DxD". "Shimoneta" seems like a different case altogether. Despite the fact that its a late night anime, it could still be something that kids could come across by accident and get caught by their parents.


Well, I understand your point, but the opening of this anime surely tells you it isn't for kids. Any parent that watches the first episode of any show their kid watches wouldn't have to worry.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.