First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Alcohol is poison what do you think
20936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/10/15
So i heard alot of studies saying this and as someone who doesn't drink often (like once in a blue moon) i don't know what to think of this.

What do you guys thing to me i'm just confused because im only being told right now even a glass of alcohol in your life damages your brain permanently and i'm just like what

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/11/15
Given a long enough timeframe, everybody's chances of dying hits 100%

22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Alcohol is poison?

I'll drink to that.
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Well me personally I'm straightedge, and have been for years. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, eat red meat, or drink caffeine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

That said, I'm not "militant", which means the people who go out and literally "enforce" these by beating people they see drinking or smoking, sometimes killing them, which marked it as a gang.

My motto - My life, my body, my ways. It should be that way for everyone.
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Online
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Everything can be poison in the certain circumstances. You can die of a salt overdose and even a water overdose. Air in the body in the wrong place can cause death.
48597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
“We should thank God for beer and burgundy by not drinking too much of them.”
- G.K. Chesterton
41705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
YOU DON'T SAY?!!
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
If you drink enough water it can kill you, I'm not taking that risk...i'll stick to alcohol.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
Well alcohol yes is bad. But I cannot confirm this, but there are study's that show drinking red wine is also good for your heart.

As for it damaging your brain, I have no idea if it does. But yes alcohol is considered poison to the body.
20936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/10/15

AiYumega wrote:

Well me personally I'm straightedge, and have been for years. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, eat red meat, or drink caffeine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

That said, I'm not "militant", which means the people who go out and literally "enforce" these by beating people they see drinking or smoking, sometimes killing them, which marked it as a gang.

My motto - My life, my body, my ways. It should be that way for everyone.



As someone who would be mentally and physically unstable without drugs in my system (prescribed of course)
i could never do that xD

Without Caffeine i would be sleeping 16 hours a day ...again e.e
Posted 8/10/15

Ryulightorb wrote:


AiYumega wrote:

Well me personally I'm straightedge, and have been for years. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, eat red meat, or drink caffeine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

That said, I'm not "militant", which means the people who go out and literally "enforce" these by beating people they see drinking or smoking, sometimes killing them, which marked it as a gang.

My motto - My life, my body, my ways. It should be that way for everyone.



As someone who would be mentally and physically unstable without drugs in my system (prescribed of course)
i could never do that xD

Without Caffeine i would be sleeping 16 hours a day ...again e.e


Funny thing is, I'm an insomniac
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Maybe just don't get wasted or drunk too often. Should be fine. I drink only on rare occasion and not too much or too fast. I never mix my whiskey because sugar and I don't get along anyway. I'll get drunk once every few months, but that's it.

I got really wasted once and that was good enough for me. Nothing like throwing up on the bar tables at a fancy rich ass place. Yep. I'm the best. I had to be carried out of there and everything. I slept in a bathroom after throwing up for hours. I still loved the memory though. Well, except that someone gave me $20 and I stuffed it in my skirt and couldn't find it the next day. That sucked.

Just wouldn't do it again. Nope. Once is enough for me.

10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

PrinceJudar wrote:

Maybe just don't get wasted or drunk too often. Should be fine. I drink only on rare occasion and not too much or too fast. I never mix my whiskey because sugar and I don't get along anyway. I'll get drunk once every few months, but that's it.

I got really wasted once and that was good enough for me. Nothing like throwing up on the bar tables at a fancy rich ass place. Yep. I'm the best. I had to be carried out of there and everything. I slept in a bathroom after throwing up for hours. I still loved the memory though. Well, except that someone gave me $20 and I stuffed it in my skirt and couldn't find it the next day. That sucked.

Just wouldn't do it again. Nope. Once is enough for me.



Belts are great for hauling out drunk people as well. I try not to do the fireman carry because I don't want vomit on my back.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

VZ68 wrote:

Belts are great for hauling out drunk people as well. I try not to do the fireman carry because I don't want vomit on my back.


You could say my double cousin beat mine by throwing up in a limo. That was hilarious. I luckily was on the other side of the limo for that one.


20936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/10/15
haha yeah i think people are worrying a bit to much though i'm seeing alot of panic online about how one drink alone will kill brain cells hurt you permanently etc and i'm just like ...eh why does it matter if you drink in moderation.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.