First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Alcohol is poison what do you think
6151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / 30.4894° N, 86.54...
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
Alcohol is a poison to the body just like sugar is granulated diabetes and fried food is a heart-attack waiting to happen. You can also drown in water and food can make you fat.

Why not moderate intakes to relatively healthy amounts and make up for poor or uneducated estimation by throwing in a little exercise? And why don't I take my own advice? Well played, me... well played.
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I mix my beer with whiskey to calm the shakes.
41705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
I like vodka when it's say, flavored (for example BLUEBERRY IS SO GOOD HOLY CRAP), but I don't drink it straight a lot because of my sheer lightweightness, i prefer it mixed with sugary soda (which is apparently a "weird" combine??), I mean, when I say lightweight, i mean, one glass and I'm like buzzing.

Wine is ok but better sweet. Red > White most of the time, because red has a sweeter must to it to me than white does.

Beer is ok, depending on the brand and flavor, it can either range from Shit City to Amaaaayzing. The lightweight low calorie beers i've had have like no flavor.
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
You have to be getting black out drunk every day over a long period of time to cause brain damage.

Alcohol is chemically a poison but one that is harmless to consume "normally" as the liver filters it (Normal consumption being 1-2 drinks 3 days a week)
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I don't really think it'll be as harmful as if you drink too much.
5387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

AiYumega wrote:

Well me personally I'm straightedge, and have been for years. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, eat red meat, or drink caffeine.
.


You sound like CM Punk.
7425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
Alcohol is poison? Yes, I'd agree with that statement. But, to be fair, drugs are poison, chemicals in food are poison, tobacco is poison, hormones/antibiotics in food are poison, fluoride in water is poison and even the air we breathe in many places is poison. In the U.S. there's pretty much nothing safe to eat or drink these days or places safe to go. It's the World we live in and currently there's very little we can do about it except know our bodies limits and do what we can to survive the best we can.
41705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

AiYumega wrote:

Well me personally I'm straightedge, and have been for years. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, eat red meat, or drink caffeine.



I think the most shocking part of that to me was the fact that you don't eat red meat and drink caffeine. No juicy burgers? No sugary soda? That takes some GUTS.
JRC-jr 
5138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
its poison if you use it the wrong way, just like everything else. You can even die from your own saliva.
41705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Yeah, think of it this way, anything in mass amounts, food or drink wise, can kill you, so alcohol is no exception, but it's about as likely to kill you as much as any other liquid if you drink it excess. You can die from drinking too much water.

I'm surprised nothing has happened to me, seeing how much Dr. Pepper I drink a day, it amounts to a good few American sized cola cups. Especially considering I'm about 112 lbs at most. How has it not killed me yet?
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
I most definitely don't drink but I have had a close family member deal with problems surrounding alcohol and its not fun to watch. But I think if a person of legal age drinks in moderation and doesn't drink and drive everything should be good
Posted 8/10/15
Even oxygen is poison to the human body.

Thera no use in worrying about whether something is poisonous or not, all chemicals are.
27150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tokyo/Seoul Bound
Offline
Posted 8/10/15
yes and no
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/10/15 , edited 8/10/15
Been drinking for 20 years and I'm healthier than the majority of Americans, not to mention people in general. All things considered, nearly anything can kill you these days but the chances that one thing will is slim usually. Drink in moderation and you'll be fine. People who dedicate their lives to eating strictly healthy only and being fitness gurus aren't going to end up better off than the next guy with good genes who is taking average care of himself. Not to mention the difference in levels of enjoyment...

Just enjoy yourself, but be smart about it.

Btw, drinking 151 as I type this
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 8/10/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

So i heard alot of studies saying this and as someone who doesn't drink often (like once in a blue moon) i don't know what to think of this.

What do you guys thing to me i'm just confused because im only being told right now even a glass of alcohol in your life damages your brain permanently and i'm just like what



Liquor is more likely to damage your liver then kill your brain since it is a complex sugar molecule you liver actually does the breaking down of it which is why it damages the liver but this takes years to occur. The only time it can actually lead to damage of the brain is if you drink enough of it to get alcohol poisoning, but even at this stage you don't kill off the cells they still work albeit not as well. You really have to get drunk to do this falling down and then some no really drunk blood alcohol level several times past the legal limit the .20 to .30 range and even then depending on the person this may not occur depends on how much water you are taking in as well while drinking.

As for only drinking once in a blue moon thats fine been that way myself since the last time I really had a bender I don't do that anymore I worried way to many people and was hung over for the better part of 4 days. Yeah it was a fun weekend, that I needed to blow off a lot of steam. Now I will have a beer or two and not much more then that no were near the pint of rum with coke,whiskey shot, beer and shots of soju that I did in my past. Here is the kicker I only did this three times a year at sci fi cons to de-stress from work.

Facts about alcohol poisoning. http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/OtherAlcoholInformation/factsAboutAlcoholPoisoning.aspx

Oh I was also the guy everyone hated because I never got a hang over when I was young about 21 didn't get my first one until I was 29 I looked at my friends and said so this is what you all have been complaining about all these years. Never again sigh I couldn't see straight for three days.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.