First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How many uncensored shows are there?
4003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 12/19/16
Hey guys , I just recently found out about censored shows and I was wondering how many are there,I have watched (TerraforMars) and (My wife is the student council president).I was wondering if they are any other shows I can watch that are uncensored.
One Punch Mod
117873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15

Totalfluffinez wrote:

Hey guys , I just recently found out about censored shows and I was wondering how many are there,I have watched (TerraforMars) and (My wife is the student council president).I was wondering if they are any other shows I can watch that are uncensored.


I've moved this to our Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.

If you are specifically asking about cases where CR has both the censored and uncensored version, I think Terraformars and My Wife... Are the only ones.

There are other shows that are uncensored and not explicitly marked that way. Generally if CR gets a show as a "catalog" title it will be from the content that was distributed on DVD/BD which is uncensored. Most simulcasts are censored in whatever manner they were shown on non-pay broadcast stations in Japan.

No particular titles come to mind, so I'll leave that to others.
961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
What type of censorship are you referring to? The only kind I can think of is censored hentai, but with normal anime I rarely, if ever, come across anything that's censored, and when I do, it's usually something gross that's blurred out as a joke.
mnmike 
22474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

Kanudelgruber wrote:

What type of censorship are you referring to? The only kind I can think of is censored hentai, but with normal anime I rarely, if ever, come across anything that's censored, and when I do, it's usually something gross that's blurred out as a joke.


When done well, it's not something you really notice. The censored version will have a slightly thicker mist, which clouds the bathroom scenes, or perhaps a ray of light or something blocks a nipple from being shown.

When done poorly, it can look awful. This page has some good examples:

http://www.muripo.com/2013/10/29/12-anime-censorship-fails/

The Nogizaka Haruka scene they mention is especially bad; there is an entire episode that is almost whited out:

12368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 11/24/16
It's been a while since I watched it but I recall Recently, My Sister is Unusual as being at least mostly uncensored (if not completely).
2038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 7/12/16

Totalfluffinez wrote:

Hey guys , I just recently found out about censored shows and I was wondering how many are there,I have watched (TerraforMars) and (My wife is the student council president).I was wondering if they are any other shows I can watch that are uncensored.

Golden Boy
Hellsing Ultimate
Berserk
Ninja Scroll (movie)
All are uncensored.
2009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/31/15 , edited 9/25/17
all anime should be uncensored.....why? cause you don't see people running up and putting shorts on the Statue of David...and stuff like that. and yes i am just crazy like that, cause who doesn't want to be crazy?
19241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Flushing
Offline
Posted 11/20/16
I think Terraformars and My Wife are the only ones that were heavily censored, then got the uncensored treatment. Super Lovers was also controversial and had to have special restrictions brought to it. I've only watched one episode, so I don't know how graphic it gets.
21680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 11/27/16 , edited 9/25/17
Almost hilarious watching any ecchi anime on here, half the frames are full of beams of light
Sadly, it almost seems like some crappy Japanese marketing tactic to try to force people to buy overpriced blu rays for uncensored versions.
Glad I don't care too much for the genre, but I can see how it can be quite annoying.
59887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 11/28/16 , edited 12/8/16

kevz_210 wrote:

Sadly, it almost seems like some crappy Japanese marketing tactic to try to force people to buy overpriced blu rays for uncensored versions.


Hey, you've figured it out.
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/16
I dont use CR when I watch ecchi anime. I just go to a different site, where they upload the non-censored version. Watching "I couldn't become a hero so i reluctantly decided to get a job" is so much better.
8018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 2/28/18
Recently got into JoJo's bizarre adventure and the first 26 episodes were uncensored and I loved every minute of it but the episodes after that are so heavily censored I'm thinking of just watching the episodes on a different website for free where they will be uncensored.. it's a shame though, really wanted to finish seeing this on Crunchyroll
59887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/15/16

Thief-Haruhiro wrote:

Recently got into JoJo's bizarre adventure and the first 26 episodes were uncensored and I loved every minute of it but the episodes after that are so heavily censored I'm thinking of just watching the episodes on a different website for free where they will be uncensored.. it's a shame though, really wanted to finish seeing this on Crunchyroll


CR doesn't censor anything themselves. The episodes on CR exist as they were broadcast on Japanese television.

That being said, Jojo's censorship is some of the least obtrusive I've seen, and is only used for gore or when an underage character is smoking.
8018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/15/16

eyeofpain wrote:


Thief-Haruhiro wrote:

Recently got into JoJo's bizarre adventure and the first 26 episodes were uncensored and I loved every minute of it but the episodes after that are so heavily censored I'm thinking of just watching the episodes on a different website for free where they will be uncensored.. it's a shame though, really wanted to finish seeing this on Crunchyroll


CR doesn't censor anything themselves. The episodes on CR exist as they were broadcast on Japanese television.

That being said, Jojo's censorship is some of the least obtrusive I've seen, and is only used for gore or when an underage character is smoking.


I see what you're saying, the show is a simulcast. Personally, I love the gore and for it to get censored in such a way; it's an emasculation of this show were gore is a prominent element. I guess i will have to wait for the blu-ray to come out if it hasn't already.
59887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 12/15/16

Thief-Haruhiro wrote:

I see what you're saying, the show is a simulcast. Personally, I love the gore and for it to get censored in such a way; it's an emasculation of this show were gore is a prominent element. I guess i will have to wait for the blu-ray to come out if it hasn't already.


Warner Brothers released season 1 on DVD, but it is not a well-regarded release. Viz hasn't yet announced when they will be doing their release of the show.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.