First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Most annoying favor people ask for
39797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Finland- The Cave...
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15
"Hey, we went to party in the next town.. could you give us a lift back ? it's 3 am in the morning and we are sooooooooooo drunk"'


This would be why I tell everyone I don't have a drivers license.
Posted 8/11/15

neugenx wrote:

Anytime I hear/heard "it'll only take a second" or "it'll only take a minute" I knew my night was shot. It's thos "second" and "minute" favors that always end up the longest most drawn out of favors and people tend to get ticked off if you say "no I have plans" bullying/guilting you with the good old-fashioned "fine! If I'm not worth a minute of your time..." . I let them hold this hold over me for years until I learned the 2 best answers to their guilting/bulling... "Jericho fell in a minute" or if they ticked me off too much "I guess you really aren't...bye".


I would't have any of that or anything like that. That's probably one of the things that will definitely annoy me so much that i'd never talk to this person again.
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15
I hate when people ask to copy work at school
Posted 8/11/15

Doomdancer wrote:

"Hey, we went to party in the next town.. could you give us a lift back ? it's 3 am in the morning and we are sooooooooooo drunk"'


This would be why I tell everyone I don't have a drivers license.


Oh~ people who don't plan ahead annoy me so much.

You don't even need to lie, they are assholes and you can be openly assholic[?] back by telling them to sort themselves out lol.
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/15
When they ask you to do something that costs you money but they do not have a history of chipping in or paying you back. Or when they ask you to do something that requires a great deal of time when you aren't available.

I suppose it also has a lot to do with HOW they ask as well.

"Hey, do this! Let's leave in 5 minutes." No.
"Can you do be a big favor? I'll pay you back for doing this. Please, you'd be a lifesaver." Yes! Or at least a maybe.
Posted 8/11/15

fairy_tail175 wrote:

I hate when people ask to copy work at school


Unless you can copy their work next time (their work is usually not so shit you'd never need their help) i'd say, definitely never help anyone on something they can do themselves.
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/11/15


I try my best not to, unless they really really really need it but I have trouble saying no to friends. I like to be helpful
Posted 8/11/15

fairy_tail175 wrote:



I try my best not to, unless they really really really need it but I have trouble saying no to friends. I like to be helpful


Bah! xD. Aright, i guess at the end of the day, it's not that big a deal and you have plenty of other kids in the world getting this stuff from the internet... lazy buggers, f them.
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15

fairy_tail175 wrote:

I hate when people ask to copy work at school


I really hated this when I was in school, too. It annoyed me even more when people would ask me questions that the teacher already answered but they weren't listening and spent the teacher's lecture talking to each other or such.

That's not the reason that I wouldn't let them copy though. The reason I wouldn't let them copy my work is because it would be a disservice to them in the long run, so I usually offer to help them if they're having trouble instead. Rather than giving them the answer, I'll say: "Let's work through this problem together and see if you get the same answer as me."
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15 , edited 8/11/15
For me it's probably when people ask me for advice or help with a problem. Happens too often.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

severticas wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Anytime I hear/heard "it'll only take a second" or "it'll only take a minute" I knew my night was shot. It's thos "second" and "minute" favors that always end up the longest most drawn out of favors and people tend to get ticked off if you say "no I have plans" bullying/guilting you with the good old-fashioned "fine! If I'm not worth a minute of your time..." . I let them hold this hold over me for years until I learned the 2 best answers to their guilting/bulling... "Jericho fell in a minute" or if they ticked me off too much "I guess you really aren't...bye".


I would't have any of that or anything like that. That's probably one of the things that will definitely annoy me so much that i'd never talk to this person again.


It's hard not to bother with relatives who live in the same house, same block or down the street from you . Otherwise, I'd definitely agree with you .
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/11/15


I like to do that too, but I have so much trouble telling people no, but I had one friend as so many times on year I finally told her it wasn't helping her and stopped letting her. So as long as the copying doesn't become too excessive I'll let them. I understand if they forgot and don't have time to do it all. But if they just don't want to do it then I won't
Posted 8/11/15

dotsforlife wrote:

For me it's probably when people ask me for advice or help with a problem. Happens too often.


Pfft, now you're just showing off, stahp. Unless... they're just looking for assurance. Now that's a waste of breath, let them stew in their own filth, i'd say.
Posted 8/11/15

neugenx wrote:

It's hard not to bother with relatives who live in the same house, same block or down the street from you . Otherwise, I'd definitely agree with you .


Your relatives don't know you well enough then :p
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/15

severticas wrote:


neugenx wrote:

It's hard not to bother with relatives who live in the same house, same block or down the street from you . Otherwise, I'd definitely agree with you .


Your relatives don't know you well enough then :p


And still I agree with you 100% .
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.