First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply So NASA's rover send back an interesting photo
717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/12/15
Is everyone wilfully ignoring the scale issue here? If you compare this image with other images sent back from Mars you'll realise that the 'woman' is probably about 2-3 inches high. The 'vehicle tracks' are just were the rock has been eroded by the wind.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

descloud wrote:

You didn't outline the head or arm which is clearly visible in the close up image I provided in the edited post.







24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15
Oh Lord...

Must be slow over there after that probe zoomed past Pluto...
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

You didn't outline the head or arm which is clearly visible in the close up image I provided in the edited post.









Yes this is the kind of immature response I was expecting. You tried saying it was a shadow, I destroyed that argument. You tried saying it didn't look like a woman, I gave a close up image which clearly shows it appears to be one.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15

descloud wrote:

Yes this is the kind of immature response I was expecting. You tried saying it was a shadow, I destroyed that argument. You tried saying it didn't look like a woman, I gave a close up image which clearly shows it appears to be one.


Nope, I'm pretty sure my post backs up my argument. It can look like whatever you want it to look like.

15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes this is the kind of immature response I was expecting. You tried saying it was a shadow, I destroyed that argument. You tried saying it didn't look like a woman, I gave a close up image which clearly shows it appears to be one.


Nope, I'm pretty sure my post backs up my argument. It can look like whatever you want it to look like.



So prove me wrong about how a shadow can exist without a structure around it to cast it.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

BurningBlueEye wrote:

Is everyone wilfully ignoring the scale issue here? If you compare this image with other images sent back from Mars you'll realise that the 'woman' is probably about 2-3 inches high. The 'vehicle tracks' are just were the rock has been eroded by the wind.


Which other mars images? Not saying they don't exist I just want to see them.

Also do you mean the huge streaks?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

descloud wrote:

So prove me wrong about how a shadow can exist without a structure around it to cast it.


It could be elevated lower. It could also be idk a patch of dirt? Lol
8954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15
Even if there is a "figure" i highly doubt that nasa would send the images out to public because if there were to be such things it would be labeled as classified.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

So prove me wrong about how a shadow can exist without a structure around it to cast it.


It could be elevated lower. It could also be idk a patch of dirt? Lol


A patch of dirt? lol
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15

descloud wrote:

So prove me wrong about how a shadow can exist without a structure around it to cast it.


Your argument would be the same as arguing the Old Man of the Mountain was constructed.

It's not, it was simply a naturally occurring feature that looked like a face when viewed from certain angles.

Another popular Mars structure from a few decades ago.



Clearly an alien face, until new observations made years later revealed the face to be a sand dune and shadows.

5387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/12/15
More mysteries from Mars.
Reminds me of the those two satellites the Russians sent to Mars that "mysteriously" disappeared.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15

descloud wrote:

A patch of dirt? lol


Yes. Mars has dirt.

24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

PrinceJudar wrote:


descloud wrote:

Yes this is the kind of immature response I was expecting. You tried saying it was a shadow, I destroyed that argument. You tried saying it didn't look like a woman, I gave a close up image which clearly shows it appears to be one.


Nope, I'm pretty sure my post backs up my argument. It can look like whatever you want it to look like.



Like people who see Jesus on a piece of French toast.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/15

MysticGon wrote:

Like people who see Jesus on a piece of French toast.


You got it!

15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/15 , edited 8/12/15

Dariamus wrote:


descloud wrote:

So prove me wrong about how a shadow can exist without a structure around it to cast it.


Your argument would be the same as arguing the Old Man of the Mountain was constructed.

It's not, it was simply a naturally occurring feature that looked like a face when viewed from certain angles.

Another popular Mars structure from a few decades ago.



Clearly an alien face, until new observations made years later revealed the face to be a sand dune and shadows.



Well time will tell about this one, not the face the thing I perceive to be a statue.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.