First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply NO 12 month subscription in the USA?
24005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/15
I have been trying to change from monthly to yearly subscription for my premium membership.

I keep getting the error message "you cannot change your plan at this time"

I got a message from support that 12 month memberships are not available in the USA.

I USED to have 12 month membership... my credit card expired and i had to setup a new one, and in that time, it would not let me setup the 12 month membership.. first i had to do the free trial, then wait til that ended before i setup premium again and now i cant switch out of monthly membership..

Anyone else have this issue?
103449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 8/13/15

youngstarr wrote:

I USED to have 12 month membership... my credit card expired and i had to setup a new one, and in that time, it would not let me setup the 12 month membership.. first i had to do the free trial, then wait til that ended before i setup premium again and now i cant switch out of monthly membership..

It used to be that there was a rather small text link to skip the free trial (which would take one to a page that also offered the 3 and 12 month subscriptions), but that no longer appears to be the case. When I tried in another browser where I wasn't logged in, the page presented only gave me a page with options to sign in or create a new username and password to start a 14-day trial. I'm not certain what a free user with an existing account would see.

For future reference, one should still be able to access the plan choice page (as a non-subscriber) from this link:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/premium_pick_plan?membership=premium


If you just recently (within the past 1-2 days) started the monthly subscription, that may be why it won't let you change the plan at this time. CR tends to not allow account changes while your credit card information is in process.

24005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/15
No, it's been about a month.. I go to Account Settings - Premium Membership Status - And under "change plan" i select the 12 month plan for 59.99 and click the change button, and it always comes up with "You may not change your plan at this time"

My active plan is Premium Membership - 1 Month Renewal

It's the same error if i choose 3 month plan..

If USA customers ONLY have access to 1 month plans, then thats one thing.. but it should not give us the option if that is the case, and there should be some disclaimer to this effect..

Anyone have any ideas?
Der Zoodirektor
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 8/13/15
I've already forwarded that issue to the devs the other day. It's being worked on!
mapokl 
41515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Poland
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
I also can't change my plan from monthly one. The same error shows "you cannot change your plan at this time".

For now i cancelled recurring, so i can buy 3-month one when my premium expire. I will see if i can actually buy one.
35045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
I have had an annual premium plan for 3 years, about to renew. Went that way rather than monthly/etc right from the start. Last week I tried to change from the $99 annual plan to the $59 annual plan and got the same error message "You may not change your plan at this time". I also contacted support on August 15 but so far no response that I saw. Hopefully this will be fixed before I'm auto-billed in 4 days for the next year.
Der Zoodirektor
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

Darren_Duncan wrote:

I have had an annual premium plan for 3 years, about to renew. Went that way rather than monthly/etc right from the start. Last week I tried to change from the $99 annual plan to the $59 annual plan and got the same error message "You may not change your plan at this time". I also contacted support on August 15 but so far no response that I saw. Hopefully this will be fixed before I'm auto-billed in 4 days for the next year.


You could also just cancel the automatic renewal and re-start a new subscription on the day it expires.

/premium_pick_plan?membership=premium
13962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere?
Offline
Posted 8/19/15


I was wondering if you could help me. I used a guest pass on Saturday and it was supposed to expire on August 17th, but it hasn't.
I posted in this thread about this problem yesterday. http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-915299/guest-pass-still-not-expired I noticed the creator of the thread got their guest pass problem fixed. I wonder if my problem got ignored. If you can't help then I will just try to contact someone else about this problem.
Customer Support KWEH!
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/20/15
12 month gift memberships are no longer available in the US. This change took place a few months ago. Sorry for the inconvenience.

//edited by shinryou

Regular 12 months subsciptions are available and working. You can order those directly from the plan picker ("Skip Free Trial") once you are a regular member, in case you can't switch a running subscription to a yearly renewal.
35045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

shinryou wrote:


Darren_Duncan wrote:

I have had an annual premium plan for 3 years, about to renew. Went that way rather than monthly/etc right from the start. Last week I tried to change from the $99 annual plan to the $59 annual plan and got the same error message "You may not change your plan at this time". I also contacted support on August 15 but so far no response that I saw. Hopefully this will be fixed before I'm auto-billed in 4 days for the next year.


You could also just cancel the automatic renewal and re-start a new subscription on the day it expires.

/premium_pick_plan?membership=premium


I suppose I could, though I'd prefer for the record to state that my subscription was continuous. I also don't want to lose any assets I accumulated that are tied to having a paid subscription such as guest passes or whatever.
Customer Support KWEH!
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
Darren check your PM.
35045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
For the public record, the Crunchyroll staff have taken care of the issue I faced to my satisfaction, and their communication today was prompt. They have good customer service as far as I'm concerned.
103449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 8/19/15

chocobogawd wrote:

12 month subscriptions are no longer available in the US. This change took place a few months ago. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I assume you are referring to gift subscriptions, given that the regular 12 month subscription still appears to be available:


Customer Support KWEH!
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/20/15

TheAncientOne wrote:


chocobogawd wrote:

12 month subscriptions are no longer available in the US. This change took place a few months ago. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I assume you are referring to gift subscriptions, given that the regular 12 month subscription still appears to be available:




Yes. I PM'd them both.
Customer Support KWEH!
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 8/20/15

Darren_Duncan wrote:

For the public record, the Crunchyroll staff have taken care of the issue I faced to my satisfaction, and their communication today was prompt. They have good customer service as far as I'm concerned.


First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.