First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply What are your thoughts on JDM badges?
Posted 8/17/15

kill me please
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

Giantsgiants wrote:

Some people like to put JDM badges on their car. These badges usually come in two forms: the green and yellow leaf badge (left) or the orange and yellow teardrop badge (right).
However, the badges I like more are customized country flag badges. Below are some of my favorites.

Burma
Ecuador
Fiji
Cape Verde
Haiti


Oh, that's what those are! I always thought the shield-shaped ones, and those round B/W three letter code stickers ("SWE") were some sort of international license plate if you brought your car through customs. Huh.
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
It's a bit cheesy but not too noticeable. The only cars that should be covered with stickers and logos are racecars (to promote their sponsors). I personally wouldn't put these on my car.

I wouldn't mind a decal or two, but nothing like what's been in this thread so far. When I get my new car, I'll probably stick an ofuda I got in Kyoto on the inside of the rear window and put a gold snake decal over it. That's about as far as I'd go, though.
19136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

BearSol wrote:

It's a stupid trend and anyone who gives a shit about it is just as stupid.

Let the weaboos be weaboos and just go about your business.


Eh point is, some people are putting the non JDM versions on there cars without even knowing the symbols origin, not that it matters people have been doing that a million times over throughout history.
10623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Morbidhanson wrote:

It's a bit cheesy but not too noticeable. The only cars that should be covered with stickers and logos are racecars (to promote their sponsors). I personally wouldn't put these on my car.

I wouldn't mind a decal or two, but nothing like what's been in this thread so far. When I get my new car, I'll probably stick an ofuda I got in Kyoto on the inside of the rear window and put a gold snake decal over it. That's about as far as I'd go, though.


cool writing
what does it say..?
27250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Just general stuff for charms and the location from which I got it. This one was from Kinkaku-ji. Family safety, good fortune, etc.
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Never heard of this.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Never heard of them before, but I think they're pretty cute. I also like how they have meanings and such.
20300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Don't care what other people put on their car, but I'll be damned if one part of my baby is touched by one. Stickers do not belong on a car goddamnit. At least not one of mine.
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
What is this?

49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 8/18/15

KaitouNala wrote:


BearSol wrote:

It's a stupid trend and anyone who gives a shit about it is just as stupid.

Let the weaboos be weaboos and just go about your business.


Eh point is, some people are putting the non JDM versions on there cars without even knowing the symbols origin, not that it matters people have been doing that a million times over throughout history.


Eh point is, what does it matter if they're putting it on their cars without knowing what it is? People have been getting Chinese and Japanese characters tattooed onto their bodies for decades without knowing what they mean. Non-English speakers love things with English on it and more often than not, don't know what it means. And if it's been happening millions of times throughout history, as you say, why the hell is this incarnation so special that you'd bother to consult others on their opinions of it... or rather yet, why would you even HAVE an opinion on it? Just go about your life unless you're one of those into it and want to do that too. At that point, have fun an do your thing.
49909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 8/18/15

namealreadytaken wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

It's a bit cheesy but not too noticeable. The only cars that should be covered with stickers and logos are racecars (to promote their sponsors). I personally wouldn't put these on my car.

I wouldn't mind a decal or two, but nothing like what's been in this thread so far. When I get my new car, I'll probably stick an ofuda I got in Kyoto on the inside of the rear window and put a gold snake decal over it. That's about as far as I'd go, though.


cool writing
what does it say..?


He has no idea. He just thought having a charm written in Japanese would be cool.

Don't know why he didn't reply to you with a quote like a normal person, so I did the pleasure of paraphrasing for him.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.