First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Is abortion murder?
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 8/16/15
I don't believe it's murder, but I do believe in supporting human life.

That being said, no one here can factually say where 'personhood' begins or ends. It's a matter of opinion. The general consensus is that it begins later in pregnancy though.
5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 8/16/15 , edited 8/16/15
Abortion is not murder no.

I don't feel like writing a 10 page spiel right now. I may later depending on the comments. I will just edit it in here.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 8/16/15

BlueOni wrote:

A dicey question. On the one hand, a woman electing for an abortion procedure prior to the point of viability wouldn't be murder. Someone slipping her a drug which would terminate her pregnancy without either her knowledge or consent would be in the ballpark. It depends on how and when things are done.


Well you're right that's dicey. If anyone slipped me a drug like that, I wouldn't care of it was murder or not I'd make sure they'd be begging for their own death over it.

The law has historically not done justice for unwanted termination of pregnancy.
17891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 8/16/15 , edited 8/16/15
I don't have a dog in this fight so I don't care
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
Some states if you kill an unborn child while committing a crime, they tag you with that as murder as well.

15796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
As a medical procedure no. Though anything done without consent of the mother or without a certified technician is certainly unjust. Is it murder though? I don't think so.
7161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/15 , edited 9/1/15
First of all, we have to get away from the term murder. Murder implies some legal offence. Abortion, being legal, is clearly not a legal offence. Instead, willful termination of human life is what we're really talking about. Human life necessarily starts at conception. Not so much as a matter of fact, but because the alternative beliefs are horrid. If you cannot accept that human life begins at conception, then there is no distinct point at which a human starts to be "human." Throughout Roman history, and the history of other cultures I'm sure, it was accepted that the father of a family could decide to raise his child, or allow the child to die by exposure. Point being, if you accept abortion, there is no logical way to reject post-natal abortion, it is simply the logical conclusion.

Of course this is against the very core of many people. How can you kill a baby after it's born? and the answer is that there is really no difference between the baby in the womb and the 2 year old toddler. Human development is simply too gradual to have such obvious steps.

Ultimately it's up to you what you want to believe, just that if you believe abortion is okay, you can't escape the fact that the rationale also accepts killing young children after they're born as well.
6936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Portland, OR
Offline
Posted 8/16/15 , edited 8/16/15
I believe it is no more murder than cutting down a tree or eating meat.
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / US
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
Well, I guess I kinda walked into this one

I would like to think I wouldn't abort, but I have not been put under that decision. There are many situations, such as rape, that make these situations rather sticky. However, I'm hoping I can state my rather unpopular opinion (Or at least unpopular HERE.) without coming under too much fire. So here goes....

I think that whether or not its a baby of a fetus is irrelevant. Rather, that people should look at it as a potential for life. A potential to carry out a life as we do everyday. As soon as it becomes a fetus, it has every chance in the world to become a human being. Everyone says that we don't have feelings or human emotions as a fetus. But, we never stay that way, do we? We grow, and become humans. Alive or not, I don't want to rob that chance from anything.

But I suppose I am being too emotional about it. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess I find myself leaning more towards pro-life if I am to answer the question more directly. (Please don't kill me.... )
1606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
No. Abort away.
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 8/16/15

fashionvamp123 wrote:

Well, I guess I kinda walked into this one

I would like to think I wouldn't abort, but I have not been put under that decision. There are many situations, such as rape, that make these situations rather sticky. However, I'm hoping I can state my rather unpopular opinion (Or at least unpopular HERE.) without coming under too much fire. So here goes....

I think that whether or not its a baby of a fetus is irrelevant. Rather, that people should look at it as a potential for life. A potential to carry out a life as we do everyday. As soon as it becomes a fetus, it has every chance in the world to become a human being. Everyone says that we don't have feelings or human emotions as a fetus. But, we never stay that way, do we? We grow, and become humans. Alive or not, I don't want to rob that chance from anything.

But I suppose I am being too emotional about it. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess I find myself leaning more towards pro-life if I am to answer the question more directly. (Please don't kill me.... )


We're not as common on here, but I'm pro life too. I actually fund adoptions and stuff as well. We're not as common, but there isn't anything wrong about being pro life within reason. People can respect it, even here.
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / US
Offline
Posted 8/16/15

RK_1234 wrote:

Some states if you kill an unborn child while committing a crime, they tag you with that as murder as well.



That's a good point, so should the murder of the pregnant woman not count as murder then...? Thoughts...?

(Sorry, I like to play devils advocate a lot, it helps move the conversation! : )
Posted 8/16/15
Don't care.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 8/16/15
nah
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/15 , edited 8/16/15

fashionvamp123 wrote:


RK_1234 wrote:

Some states if you kill an unborn child while committing a crime, they tag you with that as murder as well.



That's a good point, so should the murder of the pregnant woman not count as murder then...? Thoughts...?

(Sorry, I like to play devils advocate a lot, it helps move the conversation! : )


Not the woman, but her unborn child.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.