First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Cop Body Slams 61-Year-Old Man Singing " Beach Boys" Song in Public
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15
At around 1:05 in the second video, you can clearly hear him (the old guy) tell the officers and the two bouncers (?) to leave. However that's not even the real issue. When the officer grabbed his arm, and said something. He clearly jerked away and said something in return. To me it sounded like 'Let go I'm not leaving'. Could be wrong, either way that kind of jerking motion is still resisting.

The old guy could have been mentally ill, or maybe not. Either way he wasn't exactly listening to what the cop or the guys in tuxedos said, and indeed became agitated.
28119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Looks legit to me. Obviously the business did not want this guy pan-handling in their establishment. They have the right to have him escorted off the premises. The officer did not approach the seen guns blazing. In fact he was pretty casual when approaching the guy, undoubtedly telling him he had to go. They have to restrain people like this, cops can't assume you're not concealing a weapon, or are not going to be violent...Especially when you start off putting fingers in their face and resisting arrest.
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Otaku_J wrote:

Looks legit to me. Obviously the business did not want this guy pan-handling in their establishment. They have the right to have him escorted off the premises. The officer did not approach the seen guns blazing. In fact he was pretty casual when approaching the guy, undoubtedly telling him he had to go. They have to restrain people like this, cops can't assume you're not concealing a weapon, or are not going to be violent...Especially when you start off putting fingers in their face and resisting arrest.




^ This.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fSVejb1CYI
this is how we handle things insted of going full on.
unless running or fighting, so these guys need some training...
oh you can't afford it?
Try to think more about other humans too then that works...
Even these guys are better..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvvfc4QkS2E

and more cops act like hmff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNNiRfQiTg


Treathend by dog shot it
As simple as it gets

says like it was justifed
13508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Second star on th...
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
If its private property the owner or a representative of the owner (the security in black suits) has the right to call the cops to have them remove someone who in their opinion is making a disturbance. The cops responded and asked the man to leave he then refused to leave and started to act belligerent and refused to leave the police used force to subdue the suspect and arrested him he was probably charged with trespassing and resisting arrest.

There was an escalation of force the man after becoming belligerent started to back away the officer. the officer closed the gap and the man continued to retreat the officer the grabbed the man and he continued to retreat. the officer needing to end this call as fast as possible before it could turn violent used a simple take down move to prevent the man for retreating any further he was then handcuffed. while the officer was attempting to handcuff the man he continued to resist by not being cooperative.

the officer escalation of force was steady and stop at the minimal amount of force need to end the call. he never drew his taser or his firearm. the officers had a job to do which was to remove a man who was trespassing and that security wanted out of there. we may not think that the singing was a big deal but if you are asked to leave private property then you MUST leave it is the law and if you DO NOT LEAVE the police can use force to make you leave .

now as for the main question at hand of whether the is a problem with policing over here the answer is at time yes there is a problem with police escalating use of force fast and to an extreme level. however in this case it was good police work that ended the call quickly and effectively. we have a much bigger problem of people thinking that they can do whatever the hell it is they want to and not get in trouble for it its an entitlement issue and police get tired of it and some crack and go way way overboard. if people didn't give cops attitudes all the time they would not see as much over use of force. cops deal with criminals all the time whether its someone going 10 over or someone killing 10 people both have broken the law and must face punishment whether that a ticket for speeding or jail time for murder.

I'm not saying that there wont be times when the police do something wrong and need to be stopped but not every time the police go out on a call they're doing it wrong.
28119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15


You would rather the officer kick sweep the old dude off his feet then taze him into submission?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Otaku_J wrote: You would rather the officer kick sweep the old dude off his feet then taze him into submission?
hmm no?...
Don't think they tazed him only treathend him? (saw no shock or musle... atleast that shaking part of being tazed)
Also this is not an old man or someone going agianst the police (in a higher degree then just a guy walking off from some very minor stuff)

22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15
Aw, did he get a booboo for not listening to the mean 'ol officer?

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

PrinceJudar wrote: Aw, did he get a booboo for not listening to the mean 'ol officer?

Yes he did but could be another reason as to way, hit a bad spot.
also none of them was going in the peacefull way but I would blame more on the cop then him.
One more thing old people could be hard to deal with anyway, still not a reason to use normal force on them..

PrinceJudar wrote: People are apparently made of glass these days.
Yes anything could be possible if he was 61.. and yes older people has a higher chance of weaker bones that nearly are "softer then glass".
22663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

Freddy96NO wrote:
Yes he did but could be another reason as to way, hit a bad spot.
also none of them was going in the peacefull way but I would blame more on the cop then him.


People are apparently made of glass these days.



And lol, any force is excessive. He'll live, maybe he should try not resisting next time. That be too smart though.
23206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
What was the purpose of arresting him, he hadn't hurt anyone and it looked like he was about to leave. Unless this has happened before and he was given a warning. On a separate note, what's the point of resisting arrest? I've never been arrested but I don't see how fighting your way out of it could ever end well for you.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

ChinaCat89 wrote: What was the purpose of arresting him.

Well some cops like to make these loud citizens sit on the "bench" to calm down, and like this maybe he wanted that or just arrest him...

14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

DrkhaoThe old guy could have been mentally ill, or maybe not. Either way he wasn't exactly listening to what the cop or the guys in tuxedos said, and indeed became agitated.


Either way, it's not the police's job to beat him up for that. That's the job of bystanders.
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Ejanss wrote:


DrkhaoThe old guy could have been mentally ill, or maybe not. Either way he wasn't exactly listening to what the cop or the guys in tuxedos said, and indeed became agitated.


Either way, it's not the police's job to beat him up for that. That's the job of bystanders.



Don't pick and choose what to quote. He was just assisted to the ground after resisting. No one beat the guy up, no punches were thrown. No one kicked him while he was down.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Freddy96NO wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fSVejb1CYI
this is how we handle things insted of going full on.
unless running or fighting, so these guys need some training...
oh you can't afford it?
Try to think more about other humans too then that works...
Even these guys are better..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvvfc4QkS2E

and more cops act like hmff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNNiRfQiTg


Treathend by dog shot it
As simple as it gets

says like it was justifed


So if he tased him you'd be better with that?
He didn't even put him down that hard Jesus.
The law is that you must obey a peace officers commands and bringing up British cops as examples of "proper take downs" is comparing apples to oranges.
Last I checked not everyone in Britian hates police and goes out of their way to give them a hard time when they are stopped.
I'm kinda tired of people who have no experience with law enforcement trying to tell police how they should do their job.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.