First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Cop Body Slams 61-Year-Old Man Singing " Beach Boys" Song in Public
Posted 8/17/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


We don't know for sure if that entire area outside was property owned by the restaurant. I find it hard to believe an ordinary restaurant would have that much empty space far away from their building, though. Regardless, that's not the biggest issue here.

The officer was the one who was combative first. The old man never fought back. I don't know what video you were watching. What this officer did was the definition of assault.

How would you know it's not as painful and people make it out to be? It's not like wrestling with one of your friends. Officers as much force as possible when restraining people. They could even snap your arm when they've got you pinned down struggling. It's not smart to dismiss this as an exaggeration when it's so common.

It's true that not all old people are fragile. A lot of old guys are the picture of perfect health. But can you really say that about an old guy who moves so sluggish like this one? It was clear as day that he was in a lot of pain. The officer ignored him and continued hurting him. I wouldn't be surprised if the old man sued for damages.


An ordinary restaurant? With what appears to either be management or staff in suits like those? I don't think so.

The officer was not combative. He grabbed the mans arm when he told the people they should leave, despite them clearly belonging there, and began to walk away. Grabbing an arm to try and bring someone back is not assault when it is an officer trying to get you to comply.

I know pain and I know that if you are cooperating the pressure placed on the joints is lessened considerably. I am not calling this particular one an exaggeration. I am saying that it is idiotic to automatically assume he was being tortured as well. Exaggerating injuries is way more common in the US in all kinds of cases though so it is far more likely.

The man was only really sluggish while he was singing and being carefree. That says nothing. I can look sluggish if all I am doing is meandering around singing.
2081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Here is some info about where this took place and about the man being arrested.


The walkway, located between City Center Investment Corp.'s Strata Flats apartment building and Pennrose Properties' Allentown Center Square senior apartments, is private property, said City Center spokesman Jeff Vaughan.

This wasn't Ochse's first encounter with police. In 2013, he served about five months of a 88-day to 23-month sentence for criminal trespass and criminal mischief. Details of the incident were not available in online court records.

In February 2014, Ochse was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses after causing a ruckus at the 10th Street police station and biting an officer's finger during a struggle. The most serious charges were dropped, but Ochse pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and was sentenced to six months probation.


For some more info check out:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-allentown-police-take-down-singer-20150816-story.html
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15
Every story has at least two sides.

More often than not, we only see one side and make a judgement based on that.
Posted 8/17/15

furiae1 wrote:

Here is some info about where this took place and about the man being arrested.


The walkway, located between City Center Investment Corp.'s Strata Flats apartment building and Pennrose Properties' Allentown Center Square senior apartments, is private property, said City Center spokesman Jeff Vaughan.

This wasn't Ochse's first encounter with police. In 2013, he served about five months of a 88-day to 23-month sentence for criminal trespass and criminal mischief. Details of the incident were not available in online court records.

In February 2014, Ochse was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses after causing a ruckus at the 10th Street police station and biting an officer's finger during a struggle. The most serious charges were dropped, but Ochse pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and was sentenced to six months probation.


For some more info check out:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-allentown-police-take-down-singer-20150816-story.html


Ew....someone bites me I'm knocking every tooth out of them.
22673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

furiae1 wrote:



Am I surprised?



Nope. Not at all. People are so quick to throw cops under the bus for stupid shit now. Bunch of pansies. Focus on real issues before bitchin' at people over stupid frivolous shit. It feels like fuckin' tumblr with some of the comments on here.

'Oh god! The handcuffs hurt! I only stole some shit! POLICE BRUTALITY! MOM GET THE CAMERA!'

Worrying about deaths and overboard brutality from cops is legitimate, but this shit? Holy hell people. You want to talk quick draw, let's talk about how fast you shot the cop with accusations.
23208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Jwade316 wrote:


ChinaCat89 wrote:

On a separate note, what's the point of resisting arrest? I've never been arrested but I don't see how fighting your way out of it could ever end well for you.


Considering all the stuff the police have been doing to people these last few months, there is a reason to resist arrest.



But those incidents (except Sandra Bland) happened before or while they were being arrested. I think it's safe to say if people comply with an officers orders they're not likely be harmed. If I try to run or fight an officer as I'm being cuffed, I shouldn't be surprised if I end up face down on the ground. People need to swallow their pride and say "yes sir & no sir", if you have nothing to hide it shouldn't be an issue.
51567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

The officer was not combative. He grabbed the mans arm when he told the people they should leave, despite them clearly belonging there, and began to walk away. Grabbing an arm to try and bring someone back is not assault when it is an officer trying to get you to comply.


I guess we really did watch different videos... The cop attacked the old man when the old man wasn't being aggressive in any way. First the old guy tries walking away, then the officer grabs him, pulls him back, and slams him into the ground. The officer was the aggressor here. Not the old man. That does classify as assault. If two random guys were arguing and one of them leaves, then the other grabs him and does what this officer did, that guy would be arrested. The only difference here is that the attacker has a police badge.


I am not calling this particular one an exaggeration.


If that's not what you were saying, than what was the point of bringing that up?


I am saying that it is idiotic to automatically assume he was being tortured as well.


And I'm saying its idiotic to automatically dismiss it as an exaggeration when it's well known that able-bodied police officers use maximum force when holding people down, especially when the person held down in struggling. It's fairly easy to damage someone's arms or spine in that position, even if unintentionally. Attacking the old man was unwarranted.

When you see someone in that position screaming out in pain, it's incredibly ignorant to assume they're overreacting. Just look at what happened to Eric Garner. Police used overwhelming force on an obese man who was crying out for help. The cops didn't listen and kept putting more pressure on him until he died. That's called negligence and it's the same mentality you're showing in these posts.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

furiae1 wrote:

Here is some info about where this took place and about the man being arrested.


The walkway, located between City Center Investment Corp.'s Strata Flats apartment building and Pennrose Properties' Allentown Center Square senior apartments, is private property, said City Center spokesman Jeff Vaughan.

This wasn't Ochse's first encounter with police. In 2013, he served about five months of a 88-day to 23-month sentence for criminal trespass and criminal mischief. Details of the incident were not available in online court records.

In February 2014, Ochse was charged with aggravated assault and other offenses after causing a ruckus at the 10th Street police station and biting an officer's finger during a struggle. The most serious charges were dropped, but Ochse pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and was sentenced to six months probation.


For some more info check out:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-allentown-police-take-down-singer-20150816-story.html


Best part is trying to sue the people just standing there.
70452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Albany, New York
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Dark_Alma wrote:

Lust listen to the police please. IT ISNT HARD! If you listen none of this shit will ever bloody happen. Seriously, just do it. No excuses. If a cop tells you to leave, leave. If he tells you to get on the ground, just get on the F*cking ground (I have been there enough, even been restrained once during a fight, even then it wasn't bad). If he tells you to do the chicken dance... Well, it would be a story, why not?

A cop has the right to restrain you (which he did) if you do not listen. I swear this is what is wrong with the American culture. Cops = always bad and people refuse to listen to them. It isn't hard... so why? I just cant comprehend it.


This attitude is part of why cops have such over-inflated egos and continue to go on power trips. You don't just roll over for someone if they're abusing their authority.



Jwade316 wrote:


ChinaCat89 wrote:

On a separate note, what's the point of resisting arrest? I've never been arrested but I don't see how fighting your way out of it could ever end well for you.


Considering all the stuff the police have been doing to people these last *few decades*, there is a reason to resist arrest.


Fixed that for ya.
17225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
If he was pushed down like that for singing than my friend should be tackled because she is horrible at singing
884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
Don't you usually give a $5 fine for those disturbing the peace?
All i see here is a cop giving someone 5 bruised ribs.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/17/15 , edited 8/17/15

PhantomGundam wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

The officer was not combative. He grabbed the mans arm when he told the people they should leave, despite them clearly belonging there, and began to walk away. Grabbing an arm to try and bring someone back is not assault when it is an officer trying to get you to comply.


I guess we really did watch different videos... The cop attacked the old man when the old man wasn't being aggressive in any way. First the old guy tries walking away, then the officer grabs him, pulls him back, and slams him into the ground. The officer was the aggressor here. Not the old man. That does classify as assault. If two random guys were arguing and one of them leaves, then the other grabs him and does what this officer did, that guy would be arrested. The only difference here is that the attacker has a police badge.


Using loaded words like "attack" "assault" is not helping your argument because 1. he wasn't leaving 2. h didnt slam him he used a trip technique to bring him down lightly and 3. a police officer is legally allowed to go hands on with a non-compliant suspect.
Maybe you should just understand their are rules that you can't break and to deal with it. The police arnt out to get you and being hostile and standoffish is only added reason for a cop to be more inclined to go hands-on.

5063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 8/17/15


People like you are why America is the laughing stock it is today.
70452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Albany, New York
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

Dark_Alma wrote:



People like you are why America is the laughing stock it is today.


You obviously have nothing of import to say if you're already reduced to personal attacks.
5063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 8/17/15

OmegaRevan wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:



People like you are why America is the laughing stock it is today.


You obviously have nothing of import to say if you're already reduced to personal attacks.


Your the one who started the personal attack. "This attitude is part of why cops have such over-inflated egos and continue to go on power trips. You don't just roll over for someone if they're abusing their authority." You stated in this that my attitude is the reason murders are happening. I just responded in kind. A tit for a tat, no?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.