Post Reply Anime North Texas (Nov 20-22) 2015
13670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montgomery, Texas
Offline
Posted 8/17/15
I'm not gonna be able to attend AnimeFest this year(not happy with it, but family comes first).
I'm gonna try for ANT. I believe it's a newer con and this is its 2nd year(y'all can correct me if I'm wrong)

How did it go last year?
13087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Dallas
Offline
Posted 8/25/15
My girlfriend and I weren't able to make it for A-kon and Animefest looks unlikely. There is a third con to look forward to? This looks appealing. How is it?
3015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/15
Since it is a smaller con it seemed like it had a lot more perks for it! I say its a must! Only difference is its not as big? But you still get too cosppay? (Or see the cosplayers!) Also you get the dealers room and panels? Just go and have fun
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 10/12/15
It's my first time going as well. I managed to go to both A-Kon and AnimeFest this year. It's much smaller than AnimeFest from what I've heard since it's the second year. I have been trying to get a hold of them for the past few weeks with questions I had but no reply so far.
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 10/23/15
By the way, there is a Groupon deal going on right now!!! https://www.groupon.com/deals/anime-north-texas-1

November 20-22: One Weekend Pass
$29 $45 | Save $16

November 20-22: Four Weekend Passes
$99 $180 | Save $81


By the way, $99 for 4 day pass?! This is only the 2nd year. Why do expensive??
4012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston Texas
Offline
Posted 10/29/15
Hmmm this one sounds very interesting. since it has been at least 16 years since i have been to a con. "is it bad i cant actually remember the date of my first one?" that one was small too. I just have to check and see it it conflicts with a vapor convention here in Houston around the same time. There are people that would have my head if i blew off the vapor convention! :(
12057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 11/7/15 , edited 11/7/15
Lalanna, they're saying four weekend passes, as in for four people.
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 11/12/15

dietz2886 wrote:

Lalanna, they're saying four weekend passes, as in for four people.


*facepalm* That's my bad.
1158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/14/15
I'm planning on going for the first time this year. It'll be nice to go to a smaller con (went to A-Kon this summer. Had fun but it was HUGE and really crowded). If you see an Android 18 cosplayer hanging out with a Chi-Chi cosplayer, there's a good chance that 18 is me.

I missed AnimeFest again this year. One of these days I'll make it. I've always wanted to try it out.
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 11/19/15

flannel_petticoat wrote:

I'm planning on going for the first time this year. It'll be nice to go to a smaller con (went to A-Kon this summer. Had fun but it was HUGE and really crowded). If you see an Android 18 cosplayer hanging out with a Chi-Chi cosplayer, there's a good chance that 18 is me.

I missed AnimeFest again this year. One of these days I'll make it. I've always wanted to try it out.


I'm interested to see this convention since I'm usually to bigger conventions. Even though I live in Fort Worth, I'll probably only go on Sunday.
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 11/30/15 , edited 11/30/15
Went and did an article for Yatta-Tachi about it! Check it out: http://yattatachi.com/yatta-tachi-goes-to-anime-north-texas-2015
13670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Montgomery, Texas
Offline
Posted 11/30/15 , edited 11/30/15

Lalanna wrote:

Went and did an article for Yatta-Tachi about it! Check it out: http://yattatachi.com/yatta-tachi-goes-to-anime-north-texas-2015


Appreciate it! Good read! :)
Yea, timing was pretty bad :v and with it days before thanksgiving :P

I wasn't able to go to any cons this year ;-;
I might go to ikkicon in austin (just to go)
23312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Fort Worth, TX
Offline
Posted 12/1/15

arqnohikari wrote:


Lalanna wrote:

Went and did an article for Yatta-Tachi about it! Check it out: http://yattatachi.com/yatta-tachi-goes-to-anime-north-texas-2015


Appreciate it! Good read! :)
Yea, timing was pretty bad :v and with it days before thanksgiving :P

I wasn't able to go to any cons this year ;-;
I might go to ikkicon in austin (just to go)


Thank you!!!
You must be logged in to post.