First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Outlaw Birth Right Citizenship in America?
20975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

biscuitnote wrote:


PhantomGundam wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

is it hard to even become an American citizen since its a multicultural country i think?


You'd be surprised how long the process to become a citizen is, even if you came here legally. Unless you were born here, becoming a citizen is pretty difficult.


It should be difficult.



If you have the money and are legally going through the process it shouldn't be hard countries should be multicultural and not restrict access from eachother.

I plan on moving to America in the future hopefully it's not as hard when i try to move.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15
Punish the child for the sins of the father? Puhlease. When politicians start attacking defenseless children they should be voted out of office...or have their citizenship in this thing called humanity revoked.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

People shouldn't have to wait 10+ years to become a citizen of the country they've been living in.


I disagree many other countries have much stricter rules regarding immigration. You can't just open the floodgates and let everyone in it would be chaos. Its already chaotic in some of the border towns with the unrestricted flow of immigrants.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

If you have the money and are legally going through the process it shouldn't be hard countries should be multicultural and not restrict access from eachother.

I plan on moving to America in the future hopefully it's not as hard when i try to move.


It should be difficult most nations would not survive if everyone was just let in willy nilly. I wish you luck on moving to the US though. What country do you live in now?
10283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
San Diego
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

MeanderCat wrote:


Should birth right citizenship be banned in america?


I believe that gets into 14th Amendment territory.

Let's stand the argument on its head for a moment - why should I need to prove my citizenship when I was born and raised here?

Let's also remember that we have deported legal, documented citizens because a particular group claimed they were taking jobs away from 'Good American Men' (read: WASP). We've also illegally detained over 100,000 American citizens simply because their homeland went to war with us. Oddly, we didn't do that for the other countries that we were also at war with.

If you want to fix/reduce illegal immigration, then start by helping the countries these people immigrate from become places where they offer all citizens opportunity to advance, and not be tied to a cycle of poverty and despair. Help reduce the crime rate and increase the overall wealth of the citizens.

The current immigration tirades are based on fear, and not really on addressing the underlying issues.


This is the most reasonable post I've seen. It's a slippery slope, and people just don't get it.
20975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

biscuitnote wrote:

It should be difficult most nations would not survive if everyone was just let in willy nilly. I wish you luck on moving to the US though. What country do you live in now?



I live in Australia i mostly want to get out because of our pathetic laws and belief system this country is holding onto that and i want to go into the IT industry and there is no hope for someone to enter IT in Australia our internet and IT Jobs compared to America or even Europe or the UK is PATHETIC as fuck.

The government here wants to focus on nonrenewable energy and cut off jobs that benefit the country.
1029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Jerusalem, Israel
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
My mother came to the U.S. on a work Visa while my dad sneaked in because unlike my mom he had no education, he was just a simple mechanic, grew to have one of the biggest car-fix-em-uppers in the LA area, but still. Being a first generation American (I am not Latino, Mexican or anything else, I am white, but that doesn't matter) I believe people who are born in the US should be given citizenship's. The parents if both are illegal is a different subject, but the kid should definitely be a citizen.
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Great White North
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
I think it is time for the US to change its citizenship law. One of the parents should be an American in order for the child to become an American by birth. They are quite a lot of people who are abusing the system.
4315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
We need to get a handle on the level of undocumented migrants coming into the country. Its not a "they darned immigrants are ruining this country!" thing its a we need to be able to afford them the same care we afford citizens.
Illegal aliens don't pay taxes are abused by their employers and lower the working wage of the jobs they have. It's not 100% their fault, and the real solution is fixing the countries they come from and punishing businesses who take advantage of their workers. In the mean time however we need to do something. No country can sustain a influx of migrants from multiple countries and not have a knowledge of what they are doing or where they are.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
In 1982, Justice William Brennan slipped a footnote into his 5-4 opinion in Plyler v. Doe, asserting "no plausible distinction with respect to Fourteenth Amendment 'jurisdiction' can be drawn between resident aliens whose entry into the United States was lawful, and resident aliens whose entry was unlawful." America is now being governed by Brennan's footnote. Ironic really, since Brennan was appointed by Eisenhower, whose first act as president was to seal the Mexican border.

 Americans should have a right to decide who becomes a citizen and who doesn't.
51499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
It's bad enough our government constantly uses fear to take away rights from American citizens. I can't believe some people here would seriously consider letting them take citizenship away from Americans as well. Might as well go back to slavery while you're at it. Have the children of illegal immigrants be forced to do unpaid labor while they wait for their parents to be deported.
10641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

PhantomGundam wrote:

It's bad enough our government constantly uses fear to take away rights from American citizens. I can't believe some people here would seriously consider letting them take citizenship away from Americans as well. Might as well go back to slavery while you're at it. Have the children of illegal immigrants be forced to do unpaid labor while they wait for their parents to be deported.


You are the master of the strawman argument.
2047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

Ryulightorb wrote:

I live in Australia i mostly want to get out because of our pathetic laws and belief system this country is holding onto that and i want to go into the IT industry and there is no hope for someone to enter IT in Australia our internet and IT Jobs compared to America or even Europe or the UK is PATHETIC as fuck.

The government here wants to focus on nonrenewable energy and cut off jobs that benefit the country.

If your half way decent at IT work you will bank in short order! I wish you luck.
20975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

biscuitnote wrote:

If your half way decent at IT work you will bank in short order! I wish you luck.


thanks and good luck to you also
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.