First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD NOW!!!
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

scoobydew wrote:

Why doesn't CR comment on this situation they stay silent wtf? nice customer service


this just happened today, and yes I did notify them but its late so I doubt they will see the message I sent them until the next day.

174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

mel823 wrote:

Why can't just put the link up?



simply put, its a ton of info.

i'm only pming people the list that want to see if they are on it.
41703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

anzn wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

Why doesn't CR comment on this situation they stay silent wtf? nice customer service

vvv

animegirl2222 wrote:

I have nothing to offer a bloody hacker. Get them off the site.

Could be spammers since they've been coming in loads lately?

I think that might be the case.

The buttload of spammers we see on here may be the cause of it but CR I don't think gets rid of them properly?


Update: THE list mentions those who have a premium membership so it could be an attempt to try and get some people free premium for all we know, who knows, I don't know.

CR does get rid of them properly if you report them but they keep popping up like bad pennies.


41703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

heavyoak wrote:


mel823 wrote:

Why can't just put the link up?



simply put, its a ton of info.

i'm only pming people the list that want to see if they are on it.


Have you tried contacting CR mods about this? It may not be sitewide since some people aren't on the list but a mass of the userbase have had their info revealed there, also, is there a way to report the paste, or will they not do anything, I know there's a report abuse button, and I have an account at pastebin but itll probably just respawn, right?
9610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / North Pole
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
oh wow this is actually legit.
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15
Check if Inklid is on it, that's my buddy.

Plz and Thx.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

animegirl2222 wrote:


heavyoak wrote:


mel823 wrote:

Why can't just put the link up?



simply put, its a ton of info.

i'm only pming people the list that want to see if they are on it.


Have you tried contacting CR mods about this? It may not be sitewide since some people aren't on the list but a mass of the userbase have had their info revealed there, also, is there a way to report the paste, or will they not do anything?



I have contacted them via customer service, but seeing how late it is I doubt that they will see my message until tomorrow.


i've also posted about this on the cr subreddit, but I doubt anyone will see it.
41703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
How can you tell if someone you know is on it if you don't know their email?
18894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

heavyoak wrote:


mel823 wrote:

Why can't just put the link up?



simply put, its a ton of info.

i'm only pming people the list that want to see if they are on it.


On closer inspection, I see no indication on the main site that Crunchyroll was hit.
Mind PMing me the link?
41703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

heavyoak wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:


heavyoak wrote:


mel823 wrote:

Why can't just put the link up?



simply put, its a ton of info.

i'm only pming people the list that want to see if they are on it.


Have you tried contacting CR mods about this? It may not be sitewide since some people aren't on the list but a mass of the userbase have had their info revealed there, also, is there a way to report the paste, or will they not do anything?



I have contacted them via customer service, but seeing how late it is I doubt that they will see my message until tomorrow.


i've also posted about this on the cr subreddit, but I doubt anyone will see it.


Maybe 4chan's doing this for the lulz or something, it wouldn't be their first rodeo? God knows who's behind it, I can't imagine with that many passwords and emails leaked that it's a singular person who did all the data mining...
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

severticas wrote:

Check if Inklid is on it, that's my buddy.

Plz and Thx.

Nope they aren't on it.
27354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

animegirl2222 wrote:

How can you tell if someone you know is on it if you don't know their email?



https://haveibeenpwned.com, It checks both emails and user names.
41703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/15 , edited 8/19/15

DarkSasword wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

How can you tell if someone you know is on it if you don't know their email?



haveibeenpwned, It checks both emails and user names.


oh, good... glad to know theres a useful tool that can crosscheck these things.
8072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/19/15
Just checked that link and it says I'm not on the list. Wondering should I change my password anyway or just leave it?
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/15

Astrometal wrote:

Just checked that link and it says I'm not on the list. Wondering should I change my password anyway or just leave it?


Well if cr did indeed get a leak, and you have personal info on it with a cc then it never hurts to change it.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.