First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime with the Worst Ending(s)?
mnmike 
20137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Not counting anime that never get far enough into the story told by their source material to give a satisfying conclusion:

Oreimo: The author gave the book an awful ending, and the anime just went right along with it.

Love Hina: If it had stuck with the source material, it would have found itself quite a nice, satisfying ending. Instead, the anime just gorged itself on stale harem antics and purposefully left things ambiguous.

His and Her Circumstances: The last four episodes are almost un-watchable. The animation turns to crap and they made plot changes so that the show is dramatically worse than the manga.

Samurai Champloo: All that great set-up, and the payoff was poorly explained and unsatisfying.
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/21/15

Shotgundave wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

School Days hands down
Canvas 2 right behind
Usagi Drop Manga gets honorable mention for all time piece of shit ending


Aye, but only the manga. If you try really hard you can convince yourself that it ended at the same place the anime did, making it one of the perfect manga/anime combos out there. But yeah, no 2nd half... I prefer to just think about the kids growing up cute and happy, while the 2 single parents carry on a deepening, and cutely awkward, romance to its logical and happy conclusion. Done, reality rewritten, I declare it canon.

As far as actual endings go... There are a lot of BAD ones out there, qualifying for various reasons, but frankly so many of them are bad endings to bad anime(or at least anime that are highly overrated, even by ourselves). For my least favorite ending to my ultimate favorite anime, award goes to Spice and Wolf, not because the ending didn't work or make sense in t he story, but because it obviously assumed a 3rd and 4th etc season were coming, only to leave us with what, 14-15 LN volumes of work untouched?


Iwas on another anime site I wont mention the name but same topic and my response was the same with Usagi Drop Manga and I had some guys actually not understand the problem with the arrangement. I said in the States we have laws against those type of arrangements also we call it pedophile behavior you don't marry the child you adopt not to mention 20 plus year age difference and she want to have his baby notttttttttttt
13681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / N.Ireland
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Wait I got one!

K-On. Why was this a bad ending? Purely because it ended!

Gieff season 3 plz!
6404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Magical Warfare. Worst ending that I have ever seen.
xxJing 
37223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 8/21/15

scoobydew wrote:


Shotgundave wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

School Days hands down
Canvas 2 right behind
Usagi Drop Manga gets honorable mention for all time piece of shit ending


Aye, but only the manga. If you try really hard you can convince yourself that it ended at the same place the anime did, making it one of the perfect manga/anime combos out there. But yeah, no 2nd half... I prefer to just think about the kids growing up cute and happy, while the 2 single parents carry on a deepening, and cutely awkward, romance to its logical and happy conclusion. Done, reality rewritten, I declare it canon.

As far as actual endings go... There are a lot of BAD ones out there, qualifying for various reasons, but frankly so many of them are bad endings to bad anime(or at least anime that are highly overrated, even by ourselves). For my least favorite ending to my ultimate favorite anime, award goes to Spice and Wolf, not because the ending didn't work or make sense in t he story, but because it obviously assumed a 3rd and 4th etc season were coming, only to leave us with what, 14-15 LN volumes of work untouched?


Iwas on another anime site I wont mention the name but same topic and my response was the same with Usagi Drop Manga and I had some guys actually not understand the problem with the arrangement. I said in the States we have laws against those type of arrangements also we call it pedophile behavior you don't marry the child you adopt not to mention 20 plus year age difference and she want to have his baby notttttttttttt


What can be constituted as a healthy relationship though? One that in practice leads to the happiness of the people involved and has no harmful effect on those not involved? Or one that adheres to an unwritten social understanding of what is taboo. Because the relationship at the end of the story was not illegal, even in terms of U.S. law.

The ending didn't bother me at all. It wasn't an abusive relationship, the two ended up happily, and the rest of the world didn't give a fuck.
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/21/15

xxJing wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


Shotgundave wrote:


scoobydew wrote:

School Days hands down
Canvas 2 right behind
Usagi Drop Manga gets honorable mention for all time piece of shit ending


Aye, but only the manga. If you try really hard you can convince yourself that it ended at the same place the anime did, making it one of the perfect manga/anime combos out there. But yeah, no 2nd half... I prefer to just think about the kids growing up cute and happy, while the 2 single parents carry on a deepening, and cutely awkward, romance to its logical and happy conclusion. Done, reality rewritten, I declare it canon.

As far as actual endings go... There are a lot of BAD ones out there, qualifying for various reasons, but frankly so many of them are bad endings to bad anime(or at least anime that are highly overrated, even by ourselves). For my least favorite ending to my ultimate favorite anime, award goes to Spice and Wolf, not because the ending didn't work or make sense in t he story, but because it obviously assumed a 3rd and 4th etc season were coming, only to leave us with what, 14-15 LN volumes of work untouched?


Iwas on another anime site I wont mention the name but same topic and my response was the same with Usagi Drop Manga and I had some guys actually not understand the problem with the arrangement. I said in the States we have laws against those type of arrangements also we call it pedophile behavior you don't marry the child you adopt not to mention 20 plus year age difference and she want to have his baby notttttttttttt


What can be constituted as a healthy relationship though? One that in practice leads to the happiness of the people involved and has no harmful effect on those not involved? Or one that adheres to an unwritten social understanding of what is taboo. Because the relationship at the end of the story was not illegal, even in terms of U.S. law.

The ending didn't bother me at all. It wasn't an abusive relationship, the two ended up happily, and the rest of the world didn't give a fuck.


I thought maybe someone would grab a hold of this post its fine that is your opinion who wouldn't want a female 20 plus years younger who calls you daddy and want to have your child No worries
12737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 8/21/15

ILuvCats11 wrote:

No game no life, it ended on a cliff hanger and we never heard from it again :(


Thats the problem when anime is made from a manga so early into its shelf life... they use up the material for the show available then have to wait till the manga can sufficiently provide enough to do a season 2 proper again. We will get a season 2 eventually and thank god, one of my fave animes is that personally as well.
xxJing 
37223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 8/21/15 , edited 8/21/15

scoobydew wrote:


I thought maybe someone would grab a hold of this post its fine that is your opinion who wouldn't want a female 20 plus years younger who calls you daddy and want to have your child No worries


I am actually more partial to milfs. So I probably would have went the other route. Like Natsuyuki Rendesvous if you ever saw that.
23025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/21/15

xxJing wrote:


scoobydew wrote:


I thought maybe someone would grab a hold of this post its fine that is your opinion who wouldn't want a female 20 plus years younger who calls you daddy and want to have your child No worries


I am actually more partial to milfs. So I probably would have went the other route. Like Natsuyuki Rendesvous if you ever saw that.

She is my dream wife so originally drawn nobody has copied the look short hair baby deer eyes I just wished they showed her pregnant at the end
Posted 8/21/15
NANA
D gray man
Usagi drop
1853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Bolton, England
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
I really hated the ending to Clannad, since it basically retconned half the series.
Posted 8/21/15

CKD-Anime wrote:

AoT, what's in the basement?


Gots to wait mate
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/21/15
Air Gear
Accel World
Sekirei

Mostly all unfinished animes -_-.

Kanon 2006, since they ended with some sort of metaphorical, surrealistic, idk whatever it is. The ending didn't evne make sense -_-, it's like they went off to dreamland or whatever.
32395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
Any anime related to Key
OpNora 
14372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/22/15
If we want to count just seasons, I would have to say Love Chunibyou and Other Delusions season 2 because the final episode was pretty much filler and had nothing to do with the main story of that season.

Oh and if manga is also allowed then Usagi Drop hands down wins.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.